Geoff Cameron at Queens Park Rangers

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 9, 2012.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    From what USMNT players have said about playing there, I think it is a good idea to get one game under your belt there.

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Quite a move up in the pecking order. Gooch is inconsistent and Boca may have just committed NT career suicide. Cameron will bee in the biggest league by far of our centerbacks.

3. INKRO

INKRO Member+

Jul 28, 2011
    Wouldn't it be worth the time to fly Ream over for a cup of coffee at the Azteca as well then though?

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Am I missing something here? What has Boca done?

5. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is probably a reference to Boca's comments that seem to say he may stay in the Scottish 4th tier instead of leaving Rangers.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  6. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Ream is obviously not Klinsmann choice. He has seen both players, and JK knows who he prefers

7. Dynasty1558

Dynasty1558 Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Interesting note from theshinguardian on Twitter, presumably about how Cameron got a WP on appeal.

Apparently, JK was instrumental in getting Geoff Cameron to Stoke City--so some leeway in Klinsy making the call to bring GC to Mex.

juniorLA repped this.
  8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. He did the smae thing with Robbie Rogers. Another plus to JK being our coach.

juniorLA repped this.
  9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Dark alley, midnight, center of distrito, in a fist fight, who do you want next to you, ream or cameron?

10. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gooch

derek750, El Naranja, stonejh127 and 3 others repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    What is this, like the 5th transfer of a NT player due in some help by JK?

juniorLA repped this.
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Kyra Sedgewick leaving her show, I guess Jurgen is set to take her place as

The Closer

13. NatsTeamFan

NatsTeamFan Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Even if Jurgen isn't our coach next cycle, I want him intimately involved in the next cycle, maybe as some sort of program director. He just opens so many doors for our guys, along with his connections to the dual nationals.

chalaron and BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  14. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking this too. If Klinsmann vouches for him at the hearing, then doesn't bring him in for a (admittedly friendly) match against our biggest rival 7 days later, that would seem to hurt Klinsmann's credibility next time he's vouching for one of our guys at a WP appeal.

kickin365, jaxonmills and juniorLA repped this.
  15. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    this makes a lot of sense. I owe Juergen an apology. He probably wouldn't have called in Cameron, but he had too.

16. INKRO

INKRO Member+

Jul 28, 2011
    I figured as much, but if you're going to go all the way to England and get Cameron for this thing then I figure you might as well stop by in Bolton and grab Ream as well.

The work permit statement thing is intriguing though, you guys might be onto something as to why Geoff is onboard.

17. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I can only choose between Cameron or Ream I'll pick Cameron.

18. NatsTeamFan

NatsTeamFan Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Here's an interesting thought relating to Geoff at Stoke. I saw an article earlier that mentioned Klinnsman having a good bit of pull and influence on Geoff's move to stoke. Now, if Klinnsman see's Geoff as a prime candidate for our starting CB in 2014, then why would he push a move to a club where we apparently see him as a DM? I would think if Klinnsman had a say in the process, which he apparently did, then you would think he would pull out all the stops to get Geoff to a place where he will be playing CB. Makes you wonder if Stoke isn't really looking at him as a CB.

19. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    I think what you are asking is too complicated and Geoff might wind up at CB anyway. I don't think it was apparent until the end of negotiations or even first pre-season friendly that they were more inclined to look at him as a DM.

warmblooded repped this.
  20. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the best move for Geoff anyway. Until Everton showed up very late in the game, Stoke was the best situation.

21. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Does anyone else think that Cameron can hit the ground running and be as poised as Holden was for Bolton?

I get the impression that Cameron is mature and mentally capable, but might lack that initial intuitiveness that served Holden as he worked his way through the first matches.

Holden naturally gravitated to the passing lanes for take aways, then instantly had his head up for the attacking pass. Sounds simple, but given Holden's unique early success with an EPL team, it is certainly harder than it looks.

22. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Man, its painful to look back on what Holden had......and the situation he is in now (including playing in the Championship). He did everything right and had everything going for him, and yet.....I'm so angry at Jones at Man U. for that tackle. He set Stu's career back years at a minimum, and in candor, Holden may never get back to as good a place again.

23. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was Jonny Evans.

24. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Ian Darke stated during the match last night that Cameron is ineligible for Stoke's season opener against Reading due to visa issues.

25. Jgco

Jgco Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Its only an issue in the sense that he wont have received it yet. Same happened with Ream - it took a few weeks to actually receive his visa after it being granted.