Pre-match: Genoa vs Napoli @StadioLuigiFerraris

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Oct 25, 2017.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am very disappointed. A game we controlled had to turn into a tough fight.

The league has problems. We win 9 out of 10 games and draw the other yet are only 3 points ahead of the fourth team.

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  3. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think its important to give credit where credits due, and diawara had a good game today. Its hard to expect him to orchestrate like jorginho, but he put in a solid shift today as deputy

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We almost lost 2 points today because we failed to retain possession, against a team that has gotten 1 point at home this season. I dont think anyone other than Mertens should be credited today. We very well could have lost 2-0 if Mertens wasnt on the pitch - the goals he scored today were all out of nothing.

I dont dislike Diawara I just dont understand why Sarri insists on playing him in very important games when clearly he isnt ready yet. He should be playing games like this one against Genoa but not away games in the CL - at least not at the expense of Jorginho. Play him next to Jorginho in big games if you have to but dont bench the player who pretty much is synonymous for the way we want to play.

Questions should also be asked as to lacking perfomances from Hamsik and now also Insigne - those two are 66% of our hope in attack, they have to step up and carry. Against Inter none of Mertens, Hamsik and Insigne had a good day and it showed, they all need to get back in gear if we are going to continue this run.
    Is it fair that so much is being asked of those 3? No, but that's what you're gonna get when the 2 other players in attack are Callejon and Allan, who both posses different qualities. Today Zielinski played instead of Allan but even he has struggled to find form this season.

Good day.

6. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't think Sarri played diawara because he thinks of him as superior, he played him to rest jorginho. Diawara's a brilliant prospect, he's certainly alot better than valdifiori as a jorginho back-up.

Zielinski's been awful though lately, dunno why's playing the way he is. Even against smaller teams that is so

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    When you play a kid, you have to accept the mistakes that come with the learning experience. And I don't expect all their best to perform all out every match. It's absurd to think they can play at that pace every 3 to 4 days.

All the criticism should go towards the idiot of an owner.

Sacki repped this.
  8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    glad we won was very worried.

9. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than the last 10 minutes this was a great performance, maybe the best we've played all season. (Benevento doesn't count because that wasn't a real game).

This was miles better than the 3-0 at Bologna, for example.

Genoa are a much better team than their record suggests. I think Juric is a pretty good manager and they've played every team tough this season.

Happy with the result and the performance, but it would be nice to see a relaxing finale every once in a while!

10. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    The only thing that matter is if we get the 3 points. We got them, we can move on. We play at home to Sassuolo in a few days. Jorginho is gonna get the start.

Can we please start Ounas in this one?

CarecaNapoli and tripwire repped this.
  11. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I wonder if some guys rest in the next one with Man City coming up

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Against sassuolo mertens needs a rest. Ghoulam didnt do much against genoa but I trust rui enough to start so gollum can get a rest too. k2 needs a rest too because we have a lot of talented CBs so we might as well rest him too.
    in the preseason, rog and ounas had great understanding, I dont have a problem seeing them both start
    I'm gonna pick jorginho over diawara here just so we'd have a leader on the pitch now that hamsik clearly needs a rest.

I think this team can hand in a good performance at home to sassuolo.
    Reina
    Hysaj-albiol-chiriches-rui
    Rog-Jorginho-zielinski
    Ounas-callejon-Insigne

if we can kill the game I'd sub insigne first to rest him as well.

Insigne4BalonD'or and Retrosword repped this.
  13. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The point remains, Diawara was the best midfielder out there, Im not saying he has been better than Jorginho as of late because he hasnt been consistent but if there is anyone to bitch about it is Zielinski and Hamsik. Hamsik especially. Diawara is playing Champions League because it doesnt matter if Napoli win or not. The focus is Serie A

Retrosword repped this.
  14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Too risky

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    A home game to sassuolo
    6 first team players (7 if u add zielinski) + 2 promising talents + 1 captain for Romania+ 1 mario rui, a player sarri knows.

Yeah I somewhat agree, but it isnt a bad team