Genoa vs. Napoli @Stadio Luigi Ferraris - Matchday 12

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Nov 9, 2018.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Very true, but he has to rotate and not run these guys into the ground. We all know how that worked out before. I'm sure the PSG game took it's toll on some of the guys, or else they would have started.

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this game was so stupid. The pitch could of caused season ending injuries for so many players.

cipro and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I do not really think this type of terrain dramatically increases the possibility of injury. I kind of agreed with the Czech commentator who said that it was sort of a commercial for football, seeing those professionals battling the conditions, each one trying to prove that they can still play well. On top of it all, I also agreed with him on another, much more pleasant point, which was that we showed a real Juvelike desire to win, without complaining about the given circumstances or anything... This was a good game, though I admit I would have preferred sth less dramatic before the international break...

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No comments. No Hysaj and no Milik.

FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE

5. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hysaj too many blunders on defense this season, and that's his only supposed strength. Milik not in form at all and missed a sitter. Carlo has to play them when the others need a rest, and I don't think either are first choices anymore.

Retrosword and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milik lacks quakity. It has nothing to do with form.

Sacki repped this.
  7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Wanna see milik and mertens together before I'm gonna make my final verdict. Let's not forget he was great in the beginning

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    The only time I recalled Milik showing some promising performance was when he just start playing for Napoli. At that time Insigne was out of form so Mertens partners with Milik. Two ACL injuries later, he wasn't or couldn't be the player he used to me. He's already a slow player to start with and now even worst. These things happened unfortunately.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i think we're saying the same thing bro

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let’s sell him for 20 million

Sacki repped this.
  11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Maybe we can loan him out to Genoa to bring down the price of Piatek..

But I'm still not 100% convinced with Piatek

Sacki repped this.
  12. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Agreed on that point. He showed nothing again against a quality opponent.

Sacki repped this.
  13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Piatek please. There are better players out there.

14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, so far he hasn't, but if he's the next Lewa it will be a pity. He hasn't been on the stage long enough to prove that he can do sth against top teams, and on top of that, it is not the only factor that should be considered. It is the job of other people employed by the club to observe him, to assume correctly whether his potential is destroyed by Genoa and would flourish in Napoli, and so on and so forth. Not as simple as saying he hasn't shown anything against top teams...

tripwire and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Good point

What gamble would you be willing to take on that? How much is too much to pay?

16. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Anything over 35mil in todays market. 35mil isn't much in todays market, it's probably equivalent to about 10-15m 5 years ago.

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I kind of agree with 4Balon here, although I think considering the good relations with Genoa I would dare hope for 25-30. But that's an optimistic view of how much can 'good relations' do on the market. So I guess I would be fine with 30 to 40. But as I have said, it depends on what the work of those people who have observed his quality will show after evaluation. Of course, we as fans can also observe him closely in matches and imagine him and his qualities in our team, but to be honest I haven't really watched Piatek much. I don't have time to watch other games apart from Napoli, so I can only rely on the work of those involved.

With that in mind, I think that Napoli has been doing quite well on the market for the past few years. We can criticize as much as we like, but in the end we will realize that over the last years we brought in players like Mertens, Allan, Jorginho, Fabian, Koulibaly, Ghoulam, and others. And though it is true that some have not yet shown as much as the others, but I think there is obvious potential in every one of those players. Even Milik appeared to be great early on before the injuries. And the most important point is that we haven't really spent that much money on those players. The point is that I kind of trust our transfer policy. We are the only team in SA that was capable of giving Juve any real competition last year, so that speaks for itself. And we even withdrew 90 million Euros from their bank account.