Generic media/team DC United coverage thread (this stuff doesn't deserve it's own thread)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by fatbastard, Mar 4, 2016.

1. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't all of us, no matter what section we sit in have to buy our tickets through the SE's?

2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Regardless of schedule, phase of the moon and weather conditions every United match appears to be perfectly blended for a 3 goal loss. This team would put Pollyanna on heroin

UnitedBorn repped this.
  3. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    She will be gone in a few weeks anyway. Another person with even less experience will call you soon. Its as certain as the rising of the sun or Nick Deleon's inability to put a shot on goal.

That is, unless they can find a way to get machines to call... <cue Steven Hawking-esque voice talking about "the game day experience at Audi field in 3 -2 -1..."

Winoman and GumbyG repped this.
  4. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

I know a few teams did this last year. There is a link on United's site, but I didn't actually see any to purchase.

6. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    #456 DC Braveheart, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    I clicked on the "Buy here" button (2 of them) on that page and was brought here:

https://www.mlsstore.com/dc-united/...BM-DCUnited-DCUN-ParleyJerseys-Editorial-2018

You can buy from there easily enough ... never mind ... must have been imagining it!

But I did find them here http://www.adidas.com/us/parley-soccer. Direct link is here https://www.adidas.com/us/d.c.-united-third-jersey/A87554.html and they will be available 4/18 according to that page.

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I followed those links too, but United's isn't actually on the MLS Store yet (unless it sold out). I can find Minnesota, LAFC, Vancouver, and Montreal. United's, LAFC, Minnesota and Vancouver are all the same except for sponsor, team logo and a rear tag with the team name.

8. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    See my additional edits ... I found it on the adidas site.

sitruc repped this.
  9. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you wear a home or away jersey on Earth Day? ;)

Winoman, griffin1108 and fatbastard repped this.
  10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I clicked over yesterday and it listed them as "Almost Gone" - they look nothing like this year's jersey. The new dcunited online store is the MLS store and I refuse to ever order thru them, they're terrible - but I went to look.

sitruc repped this.
  11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    There really is nothing unique about the jersey from team to team other than patches.

Dizi repped this.
  12. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #462 rocketeer22, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Not DC United related per se, but wondering what this article says about the local professional soccer scene's interactions with the market. Granted, it takes a lot to measure up to FC Barcelona's reach and prestige, but I would hope there would be articles like this about the local team trying to impact its own market. (Note: Yes, I know that a trip to Spain would be quite a draw if all you knew was your hometown).

I have a feeling that if Atlanta United made such an outreach to local schools in Atlanta it would be received with about the same level of enthusiasm as a team from Europe. But, that is probably just the cynic in me.

Edit: The FCBEscola is going to be within 4.5 miles of the planned DC United training facility. Is the FCBescola function to act as a camp or something else? Maybe some kind of partnership can be struck at the youth levels.

13. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    No, I think its the Earth day stuff, recycled plastic and all that. Whoever runs the web store stuck a generic "3rd Jersey" identifier. Sort of like the F1 race in Australia where the graphic came "Lastname" for the identity of the driver. Started a little meme about the Lastname brothers racing team.

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  15. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    That jersey is absolutely sick

16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    United's is black. Half of the teams are getting the black one and the other half are getting the white one. They all use the same template with different patches for team logo, team name and shirt sponsor. They do look good though.

17. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do they "look good", they're just black with no design anywhere. Granted I don't necessarily like a design, but a simple lack of one doesn't make anything extra fancy/sick or anything - it's simply plain. And just like last year's.
    Is it just because it's a 3rd choice?

Dizi, sitruc and song219 repped this.
  18. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    It’s personal preference but I find that wearing jerseys around (football, hockey) on a non game days or even game days as a 30+ person is tacky and weird. This is basically a shirt that is wearable to games and around town and looks good on its own.

Also I find our current jerseys (away mainly) to be absolutely god awful so anything is better.

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry to interrupt and go off topic but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing a prediction contest for the upcoming World Cup. It basically consists of predicting the results of each match, from group play all the way to the final. Different points will be awarded based on whether you predicted the outcome (who won or was it a tie?) or the exact result (including penalties after extra-time). Depending on how much interest there is, I might do a second one starting from the Knockout Stages. Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested and please feel free to tell others (the more the better).

20. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't want get anybody's hopes up but there a strong rumor going around in Mexico that D.C. United will strongly pursue Chicharito after the World Cup.
    [​IMG]

21. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I read rumor as humor. It had the same effect.

Winoman, Q*bert Jones III and marks7mb repped this.
  22. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Same effect as well in Mexico.

23. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Please no.
    Same with Balloteli. I want a player who won't destroy the lockeroom. But I am glad we're looking at spending some dough

Winoman repped this.
  24. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Hernandez have a reputation? I can't recall anything

25. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Other than being a 95th percentile player on teams made up of 99th percentile players trying to get PT before his hair turns grey, not that I've seen. Now flip that to him being on a team made up of lower half talent, and then there may be some issues

sitruc and DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.