General Transfer Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really hold any transfer rumors to truth until after the WC is completed and likely the ever fiscally conservative managers of Bundesliga clubs are in the same mindset.

Obviously, I want to see the younger U.S. players do well and get a shot in the Bundesliga. However, few impress me with the discipline and desire needed to be successful.

Altidore needs to grow up, Adu is nowhere in his career when he should be busting his rear and get playing time in Greece. Laziness abounds.

I firmly believe Gomes, Torres and Findley will show well and should be overseas after this WC and start developing their games. The Mexican based players deal with a more disciplined training approuch every day and are most likely to fit in well.

Buddle may be growing up (at last) and may be worth a look based on what we see in SA. Yes, he can score in MLS and he did well against Australia. England and the other World Powers are a different story.

Hercules Gomez was fast dynamite in his 15 minutes. Findley needs to find his finishing shoes, though I was impressed with his work rate.

If Altidore grows up; someone may be willing to take a chance on him. Likely it will be in England since German teams won't tolerate fools and he has run his course in Spain.

Clarence Goodson and Jonathan Bornstein (a matter of fact everyone in the defense) were unimpressive. Oguchi Onyewu didn't look all that good and unless he shows something at AC Milan, likely is going elsewhere in Europe or to MLS and obscurity.

Let's face it; all of our younger players need to show something at this WC. We need more players in the Bundesliga 1 or 2, Prem or Championship and Primera that are capable of success at the highest level. They need to take there chance and perform. Maybe, this will get the other stateside youngsters to wake-up and see the reality needed for the U.S. national team to grow beyond a quarterfinal finish.

Should Donovan show up for this WC like he did at Everton, MLS will be getting some large $ tranfer money. However,he is only good for one more WC.

JMHO- Woody

2. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    City supposedly is willing to spend double what Everton had out there. Depending what "double" represents may be enough to pry him loose. But would Barrios want to play second fiddle to Tevez if he stays? Or if Tevez leaves, could Barrios handle being the main goal scorer on an EPL team contending for the CL?

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"What Everton had out there?" What are you talking about?

What Everton had out there for what?

I don't think Barrios would worry about any of that.

He seems to type who would go where he is told to go and simply produce.

4. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    http://www.espnstar.com/football/pr...m450243/Premier-League-Daily-Transfer-Gossip/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/04/football-transfer-rumours-bayern-carlos-tevez

5. Microhustler

Microhustler New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    hmm hopefully Barrios is smart enough to stay instead of rot on the bench at City. Then again........if they are willing to give us a ridiculous amount of dough for Barrios we gotta take it as long as we are willing to go buy with that money.

Everyone has a price, what do you guys think Barrios is worth?

And with that side question what do you think City would pay for him cuz they always pay way over the actual value of a player?

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, that is nothing but a ton of speculation. These same people claimed Everton were all over 1860's young striker Peniel Mlapa, who wound up going to Hoffenheim for a grand total of 1.3M Euros. Not "13", "1.3".

Do you really think if Everton was truly interested, he would have moved for a total as low as 1.3M Euros??

Not every football rumor you read is true.

Especially this time of year.

NO ONE has been in for Barrios already. NO ONE!

Zorc confirmed that already. And that isn't speculation.

Zorc said it.

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe BVB won't think of selling for less than 20M. We'll need Barrios for this Europa League campaign.

8. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    If all you want to see on these boards are facts and reporting of events that have occurred, you are wasting your time here and wasting your time reading most internet columns. So what if its a rumor or speculation ... its something to generate discussion. If you want to get irritated about everything you perceive to be wrong or irrelevant, enjoy yourself, you have plenty of opportunities.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Irritated? Man please.

I pointed out that what you posted was bullshit and it is.

I wasn't irritated. When I'm irritated, you'll know.

If you can post bullshit, you can be called on it.

I'd expect you to do the same for me.

10. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

I quoted the Guardian. If you perceive it as BS and it makes you happy to expose me as the poster of your perception of BS, I'm glad I gave you the opportunity.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Look man. I just know that 95% of footy rumors at this time of the year are false. Most are just plain speculation.

I used to be in the business.

Discussing a written article is fine by me whether it is true or not.

But not when it is adressed as if it is truth or fact when it clearly is not.

Why did you do that? Because "The Guardian" says so?

We can keep going with this, but as far as I can see, one simple thing happened.

I called bullshit and you didn't like it.

It doesn't mean I'm somehow "irritated" or upset with you.

I just called bullshit. I even posted direct comments from the Borussia Dortmund Director of Sport (General Manager) to back up my claim.

It seems you're the "irritated" one here.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this transfermarkt article, Uwe Hünemeier's move to Cottbus is done.

The article says the 24-year old Hünemeier signed a three-year contract with Cottbus on Wednesday night.

As a central defender, he scored six goals in 33 appearances for BVB II this past 3. Liga season.

He made five appearances for the Bundesliga team in his career.

His Bundesliga debut was on 17 December 2005 in a 2-1 BVB loss to Bayern.

For me, this is a sad end of a systematic purge of all the kids who did well for us under Bert van Marwijk except for Sahin.

We once had so much potential with kids like Amedick, Odonkor, Hünemeier, Brzenska, Sahin and the youngest of them, Marc-Andre Kruska.

Of course, Odonkor got to be full of himself after the 2006 World Cup and basically forced his way out of Dortmund.

Even Sahin spent a loan season away under van Marwijk at Feyenoord.

However, Brzenska stopped improving after van Marwijk left town. Amedick became one of Thomas Doll's favorite scapegoats and Hünemeier was shoved out of the picture as Dortmund failed with the "Opa Abwehr" (Grandfather Defense) of Christian Wörns and the recently retired Robert Kovac.

The one thing I'll never forget was Hünemeier's strong Bundesliga debut against Bayern. Again, we lost the match 2-1, but it wasn't Hünemeier's fault.

The kid played 90 minutes and showed that he could hang with the big boys.

Unfortunately, after that, he was injured and I believe only made one more Bundesliga appearance later that season before van Marwijk was run off at the mid-point of the next season.

Hünemeier made one end of match appearance under Thomas Doll and his chances were rendered down to nothing once BVB bought Santana, Hummels and Subotic.

Of the "van Marwijk kids", I still truly believe Amedick and Hünemeier could have made it with us.

I believe like Steven Pienaar, no one in management ever truly believed in them and their status was severely degraded after van Marwijk was shoved out the door.

I believe only Bert van Marwijk ever believed in these kids.

Sad. For me it is really sad.

Sure, we're better off now, but did we really need to go that route?

Forgot to mention. Hünemeier now joins former BVB "van Marwijk kids" Markus Brzenska and Marc-Andre Kruska at Cottbus.

13. ugen64

ugen64 New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    to be fair, I think Man City is trying to do their business relatively early. they already signed Jerome Boateng, who is going to the WC with Germany and could be their first choice right back. if you think a player is going to have a good WC, it makes sense to try to sign them before the WC when their value is lower, and it's not like Barrios is a low-profile player - he scored a lot of goals this season, for a pretty good team.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bad example. No one was going to wait to see what Boateng does at the World Cup because a number of clubs were in for his services well before the season finished.

One of them being Man City.

Why?

Because he had a buyout clause in his contract. That is what drove the early market for Boateng.

Bayern and Inter were also known to be considering meeting the buyout clause in his contract.

Barrios has no buyout clause.

Barrios is a player who not many clubs were going to be after. Not only did he finish "just" third in Bundesliga goal-scoring, (You don't see a ton of clubs being linked with Kiessling and he scored more than Barrios for a better team) Barrios just extended his contract with BVB through the end of the 2013-2014 season.

The only reason people are speculating about Barrios is because he has scored those three goals for Paraguay.

Nothing more, nothing less.

15. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

I'm not irritated in the least. I think its humorous that you feel the need to tell anybody that posts a rumor that its mere speculation, and probably bogus speculation, at that. I'm enjoying your attempt to make people aware of what fools we/they are for posting what you perceive as nonsense. Keep trying ... and keep cracking me up. Or better yet, become a mod and delete any rumor that you deem foolish.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I give what I know about it. How you take it is up to you.

Glad you're having a laugh. I like it better that people get the right f#cking information.

If you want to have a go at me for that, so be it.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Lewandowski saga is finally over......

Borussia Dortmund agree terms with Lech Poznan for Robert Lewandowski

[​IMG]

Polish international Robert Lewandowski joins Borussia Dortmund from Lech Poznan. "We are delighted that we have, after tough, but fair negotiations, managed to agree terms," said Borussia´s director of sports Michael Zorc.

Click here for the rest of the article at the Official BVB Website.

18. Marienburg

Marienburg New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good to hear the deal is done.

19. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great news! now lets hope we can hold on to barrios.
    if we can we will haf one hell of a strikeforce

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It will take one hell of an offer to get BVB to part with Barrios.

But if Barrios puts a couple past Buffon tonight, maybe some of this speculation will actually come to fruition.

I would love for us to keep Barrios for the Euro League run, but if BVB gets an offer between 15M and 20M, it will be hard to say no.

Some of the AC Milan speculation says they might be willing to offer 10M plus Klass-Jan Huntelaar.

But I believe that is more spectacular imagining by the Italian press.

Not only that, but before last season, Huntelaar refused to join Stuttgart, why would he join us just a year later?

I think ACM would actually try to "lowball" us because they know we need cash.

If we sell him, I'm hoping someone like Juve, Man Shitty, Chelsea or a club with some serious cash comes along.

If we can get 20M, I'd then offer Leverkusen about 6M to 8M of it for Patrick Helmes.

If we get 15M, I'd offer Leverkusen 4M to 6M of it for Patrick Helmes.

21. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    i actually dun believe tt AC milan has the cash to buy barrios. They haf been rather stingy these recent years.

For juventus, i seriously dun think they can spend as much as they claim. They haf been trying to low ball CSKA for Krasic, and have to offer diego for Dzeko, i doubt they haf tt much spare transfer funds.

i oso seriously doubt levekusen will part wif helmes for just 8m. if i was not wrong stuttgart offered 10+mios for him last season n it got rejected.u may say tt this season he have not been play much but i still think their valuation for him is pretty high.at least 10mios

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's exactly why I said I believe they would try to lowball us.

They would probably try the Huntelaar exchange, but again, I don't believe Huntelaar would join us.

I don't know about anything between Juve and Krasic. But the rumors about them offering Diego as partial exchange for Dzeko were totally false.

It didn't happen. Again, you can't take all speculation as fact man.

Juve has money to spend. They just can't spend like before.

And to be quite honest, if they were to offer Diego and money, I think BVB would have to look at that.

It would mean moving Kagawa to striker, but I'd kill to have a Diego in our midfield.

Dude. Things change in a year's time.

That was before Leverkusen knew what they have in Derdiyok. They had planned for their strike force to be Kiessling and Helmes with Derdiyok backing them up.

But Kiessling and Derdiyok worked so well together that when Helmes was healthy again, he couldn't break the starting lineup.

Trust me, if someone offers Leverkusen 5M or over for Helmes, they'll consider it.

I'm not saying they'll take it, but they'll consider it.

Another target for me if Barrios were to be sold would be Hoffenheim's Demba Ba.

But I think he might be a bit too "lazy" to play in Klopp's system.

23. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    haha even if they offer us diego we wun b able to afford his wages.

if helmes can be gotten for only 5mios why would the management gone for Lewy instead of helmes. helmes is a much more proven striker. Now tt levekusen has gotten into europa, they will haf more matches and i think all 3 st are as impt if they r to challenge in all 3 fronts

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you guys always assume that a move won't be made because of salary?

Believe it or not, some players do take pay cuts for a move they might want.

Juve is disappointed in Diego and if they have indicated they will move him if they can, even as part of a package deal.

You don't think Diego would take a pay cut to come back to the Bundesliga and be relevant again?

You don't think BVB would find the money to pay him at least what he got paid at Bremen?

There's more to some things than "we can't afford his wages."

Damn. I just did pretty much the same comments on the Leverkusen thread with Ballack.

If these players choose to come back to the Bundesliga, they know that unless they're going to Bayern, Wolfsburg, HSV or Hoffenheim, they're going to take a pay cut.

And even if they join one of those clubs, they're probably going to take at least a bit of a pay cut.

Before he left Bremen, Diego was nearly a lock to be on this Brazilian World Cup team.

One bad season at Juve and he's on the outside looking in.

This is a situation where I believe if the player does want to return to Germany, he'll take a pay cut to do so.

I said Leverkusen would consider the offer, not that they would take it.

And to be honest, I doubt BVB even considered asking for Helmes.

Why?

For starters, the very reason you brought about Diego. Salary.

Not just that in Helmes might not take less, but in that they know Lewandowski won't demand nearly as much as Helmes.

This is a situation where salary would play a role.

This is a situation where the player wants to fight for his position with his current club and probably wouldn't consider a move until it looks to him that he'd be spending another season on the bench.

However, given the choice of spending another season on Bayer's bench and starting for BVB, I think even Helmes would have to consider taking a bit of a pay cut to start for BVB.

But of course, that is hopeful speculation on my part. I don't know what Helmes would think.

Another reason I believe BVB went straight for Lewandowski is that BVB management just isn't into daring moves such as it would take to get Helmes. There is a reason they mostly go for cheap players.

One thing I call BVB management on an almost regular basis when it comes to transfers is "cowardly."

Unless they get the inside track, they don't usually do well in getting players.

They also won't take a chance on the player who could get us over the top.

One more thing. They really seem to fancy themselves as the top club for Polish players these days.

Nothing against the Poles, but I wish BVB would look at the Balkans more myself.

25. Microhustler

Microhustler New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    totally agree with the "look at the Balkans more" instead of Poland.