General Football Thread - Any other business

Discussion in 'England' started by Marcho Gamgee, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #101 Garibaldi11, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Exactly. There are pre-academy but a lot of it is like a community kick about until it gets closer to u8s/u9s. It's all too official. Supposedly they split into 3 groups : development, select and elite. Mentally can't be good.

Just putting it out there, but you got to wonder how many other clubs do this but maybe only a smaller scale ?

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  3. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Just plain stupidity.

Euro's just about can get away with it but even that not so much.

4. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I hate FIFA so much.

David Hurford repped this.
  5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, I always look forward to watching all the games at a World Cup but with the quality going to be so diluted, I might give Qatar v Kiribati a miss ;)

6. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Do they need qatars permission to do this? Cant see them being too pleased at having to share the spotlight. Makes the qualifiers a bore. Shame because i loved watching nutty last min drama from 7am african qualifiers to 10pm concacaf hate-fests. No more usa-panamas :(

7. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Scotland - Oh dear.

Kazakhstan making them look bad.

8. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Germans are looking good tonight against the Dutch. Gnabry with a cracking goal tbf, even the ‘best defender in the World’ couldn’t live with him.

roverman repped this.
  9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Don't like the Dutch. Used to but their arrogance after years of being subpar irks me. I rate Joe gomez higher than the overrated De ligt. They only have 1 top player and that's van dyke. We are way ahead of them in youth development.

10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Gomez for me is a better defender

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Sad times when you can’t even go out for a night out with your friends without some prick getting his phone out and deliberately trying to goad and abuse someone but obviously in this case it’s Pickford.

1112817654715346947 is not a valid tweet id

12. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pickford needs to completely ignore those kind of people as hard as it seems. However, I've heard that asshole goading him insulted Pickford's girlfriend and we also don't know who started the scrum because the video is edited (most likely by the people trying to embarrass Pickford, which one can easily assume contains evidence against them.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just in case anyone missed this. Must be the worst miss ever and will never be beaten surely: Must have been in the take or something :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistling:

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  14. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Probably not relevant to England, but a bit of a blast from the past: John Lundstram makes his first Premier League start today.

15. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #115 Slater582, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Bolton and Bury predate the Football League and have half a dozen FA Cups between them but it seems that history might be coming to an end.

On Social Media various people are blaming the EFL, Premier League, Football Association and Sky television. Former Wigan Athletic chairman David Sharpe has basically said it was getting financially risky to compete and is relieved to have gotten out, also seems to be predicting Bolton & Bury will not be the only clubs to suffer this fate.

Not sure who is ultimately responsible but I feel sorry for the situation these historic clubs find themselves in and the consequences for the local communities.

16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Some of the u17 World Cup squads

No Brobbey. (Ihattaren & Gravenberch technically also still qualify)

[​IMG]

Only really know Navarro, Escobar & Moreno for Spain.

[​IMG]

France very nice.

[​IMG]

Sebastiano Esposito staying behind with Inter because of the injury to Alexis Sanchez.

[​IMG]

17. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
  18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Still feel gutted to be missing out on this World Cup in some ways, I know we had a horror show at the last Euro’s and deserved nothing but I still think there’s a lot of talent in this age group that could have done very well out there, however maybe the depth in quality of this age group was a bit thin but I do think they will get better as they progress up the age groups.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Who loves VAR? Honestly they need to get rid of it in the Premier League and reconsider the laws before implementing it again before they kill the product. I just can’t stand it!

20. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    I was completely in favour of it for clear and obvious errors. The issue is that the premier league is just trying to totally cleanse and purify the league of any and every area of error/doubt and ironically have ended up going too far as a result. They're now at a stage where they are making mistakes/getting decisions wrong due to this. I still stand by the idea that it should be used like tennis or cricket where there is a limited number of reviews, challenges or occasions it can be used and that those occasions are decided by the teams themselves whether that's the captain or manager. People will argue against that saying that what happens if a team uses all it's reviews and then something else goes wrong, well tough luck. In cricket or tennis, the competitors pay the price for that and I don't see why it should be any different in football.

21. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    VAR is like a once great comedian, but their material sucks now because he/she is trying too hard to not offend anybody.

22. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Man City have bought 17 year-old Brazilian right-back Yan Couto. Beating Barcelona to his signing.

They only signed 20 year-old Pedro Porro in the summer and have 18 year-old Alpha Dionkou already.

Just seems crazy investment in so many young right-backs.

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    How does he get past the work permit issues?

24. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Not sure but he has already confirmed he has signed. So clearly as soon as possible will suit everyone involved.

Quite a few Brazilians will move to Europe from that u17 team. Renier and him the first.

25. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ousmane Dembele will miss the Euros due to a hamstring. A blow for France. Him and Mbappe are two of the fastest/skillful players in the world.