General Eredivisie Thread 2015-2016

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Aug 18, 2015.

?

Who is going to win the title this season?

1. PSV

27.8%
  2. Ajax

55.6%
  3. FC Twente

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AZ

5.6%
  5. Other

11.1%
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van Basten had a similar goal while playing for Ajax. I hope Zivkovic can keep his focus as he has some real ability. Andersen also scored in that match.

2. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    players like him are what make me like Dutch football. He is a leader and a role model but his intelligence and runs off the ball are a key aspect to his game he also regardless if it's Feyenoord, Holland, Fenerbache or Liverpool always looks like the leader of the group his time at Liverpool he seemed to be the only player that belives til the end I'm glad he is doing well

3. I mistakenly posted Dirk played the ball back to the thrower, but it was to a player moving up closer to him.

4. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  5. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If Zivkovic can get his head on his shoulders properly he can be a real good player, maybe even an elite striker in today's age. He has the right instincts, the touch, the finish...just very erratic, inconsistent and maybe a bit crazy?

6. ???????????????

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    With all those free penalties that Feyenoord always gets it's pretty easy to become topscorer. Kuijt is very eager to become topscorer too, judging by how he celebrated that goal that acidentally got deflected off him. Didn't even let Kuip-debutant Nieuwkoop have his moment of glory.

I too have noticed a lot of selfless runs from Kramer. He's doing good.

8. His shot looked like going wide, but you have some kind of a point.
    Hope he wins the top scorer title with 40 goals and 30 penalties, given to us to win the match and title:p

JC-14 repped this.
  9. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Wow, he even has a chance to compete with Messi and Ronaldo for the ball d'or!

10. If we can count on those 30 penalties:D

11. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    JC-14 repped this.
  12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #62 JC-14, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    No horse has ever been a good jockey. :)

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great article mate.

I want this guy 'Tuchel' to be the next Ajax trainer! We really need to look abroad more.

14. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ziyech is just ridiculous! What a player!
    Should and probably will move to the subtop in the winter, but I don't think he will stay there for a long time like Eriksen. This is a player for the top.

15. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Maher + 5mo could be something good for PSV.

They won't sell Maher to any foreign club anyway so it would be a good way to "get rid of him" for someone better.

16. Why on earth would he do that, Maher I mean.

17. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad he was systematically ignored by all levels of the Dutch NT

18. The "provincieclub-syndrome". If you donot play for the big three you have to be awfully good to get selected.
    If he had chosen to play for Feyenoord when he got the offer, he probably would have been selected and given the assurance he wasin the fold.

19. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Because playing with Twente is still better than playing with Sporting B like Labyad does, no ?

If he is realistic he'll understand there are not a lot of better options for him.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Remember that before the financial irregularities, FC Twente was a very strong team and won the league about six years ago or so. They also had a good run in the Europa League one year. At that time they were much better than Feyenoord.

21. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Right. It was my favourite dutch team last decade. Really enjoyed to see them winning against Schalke, Zenith, Rubin Kazan in EL, Werder in CL...

They had a lot of good players also. Actually I think they sold more players for good money than PSV and Feyenoord.
    15 mo for Luuk De Jong, 14 for Promes, 13 for Tadic, 12 for Bryan Ruiz, 10 for Ola John, 9 for Elia, 8 for Chadli, 7 for Engelaar, 6 for Arnautovic...

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    JC-14 repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  25. I just saw on the news that Wim Jonk has been sacked by Ajax.
    He did stamp a refreshing approach on the play style of their youth teams.
    From whay I know he wanted to have a say on the way the first team played too. Probably instructed by JC.
    But to reach that goal you have to be patient and diplomatic, as you are alone. But he used the conflict mode of JC, criticized by Marco van Basten. That wasnot smart. You cannot function in an organization not talking to the top of the company. If you cannot bang it in you should opt for easing it in. Now you are out and not able anymore to excert any influence at all.
    Conflict mode is good to set something in motion, but it then has to be replaced by cooperation mode.
    Pity, as he was doing great with the youth.