General Eredivisie Thread 2014-2015

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @aveslacker - I sent her a PM though I'm not optimistic I will receive an answer.

aveslacker repped this.
  2. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Ziyech to PSV would be great. He would compete with Maher for the AM spot, and we'll see if Maher is able to show determination.

Schaars-Guardado-Hijlemark-Maher-Ziyech and another midfielder (Veijnovic ?Propper ?) , that would give to PSV a decent midfield for the CL. I prefer Hendrix to developp as LB and to take the spot after Willems leaves.

I really worry about the wings though, Narsingh will probably leave (not a big loss), Jozefzoon should be sold as he is no material for PSV, and if Depay also leaves, then you have no winger anymore. PSV will have to buy at least 3 or 4 wingers this summer.

3. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #278 Frysk Bloed, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Or there is the option to abandon the 4-3-3 and play with two strikers. :p

Brenet - Bruma - Rekik - Willems
    Guardado - Hendrix - Propper
    Maher
    Locadia - De Jong​

Assuming that is who they have available it is still a strong squad.​

4. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I think Isimat is already considered better than Bruma, Arias is definitly above Brenet, and Locadia is nothing more than a sub for me, very average striker.
    I also think PSV should find a better keeper than Zoet. It was silly to sell Tyton, he was a much better keeper.

Anyway I expect them to buy at least 8 players if they want to have a strong squad next year, otherwise Ajax will get the title back.

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV would be wise to bring Bergwijn into the first team next year to replace Depay

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.soccernews.nl/news/31436...ldig_wachten_op_besluit_van_licentiecommissie

FC Twente's meeting with the KNVB on the adoption of their new financial plan for next season will have to be postponed. It was originally scheduled for the end of April but now moved to June 15. By then, the licensing commission should have their decision made. Gaining approval is a crucial step toward rebuilding of the club. Hope everything works out.

7. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bergwijn is not good enough to start for the first team. He is also really out of form this year. He should start on the bench for next season and in 2016-2017 season he might be ready for the starting 11.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://nos.nl/artikel/2033141-doorstart-van-twente-vrouwen-is-rond.html

Some good news about FC Twente. Their women's team have won their third consecutive league title as top placed Dutch team in the BeNe league. Also secured their place for Champions League. It was initially feared they might face problems with the financial situation of the overall club. But on Wednesday it was announced that a new separate foundation is created for their relaunch at next season's campaign.

Although there will be cuts to technical and medical staff, all ongoing contracts of players will be respected. Research was done into the viability of such a foundation, and revealed to have no sporting consequences. In total, the budget will be 700,000 € for next season. The amount isn't all covered yet but their sponsorship with Roetgerink Fashion has been extended for a year. It is expected that the rest will be completed soon.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Sam Larsson has been one of Heerenveen's top players this season. Would like to see him stay and help the team to make Europa league but it'll be tough keeping him here this summer. There are reports that PSV recently made an inquiry for the winger as potential replacement for Depay. Management has responded that he'll be available on transfer for around 6 mio.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Congrats to Groningen on their first KNVB Cup title. The atmosphere at De Kuip was fantastic with supporters well represented from both sides. Overall Groningen played well balanced team football throughout the tournament and capitalized on their chances once again today. Rusnak was superb scoring a brace in the finals.

Radu Razvan and aveslacker repped this.
  11. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    UEFA has announced the Eredivisie will recieve an additional EL spot next year based on the fair play ranking. There goes the league coefficient.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Eredivisie Europa League playoff match ups have been drawn. It's going to be Heerenveen vs Feyenoord and PEC Zwolle vs Vitesse.

[​IMG]

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Based on form, Feyenoord will crash out.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Heerenveen finished the season on a bit of a slump as well, going 0-2-2 in the last four matches. I have them going into the series as underdogs but still very capable of beating Feyenoord. They've also won the head-to-head match up overall during the season, including a big 3-1 victory at home back in February. PEC should be favorites going up against Vitesse. With the finals likely being a close one.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Vitesse is the strongest team and favorite to win

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://nos.nl/artikel/2036640-utrecht-legt-zeven-talenten-vast.html

Good moves made by FC Utrecht in preparation for next season. Most notably acquiring youngsters Bram van Eijk and Ali Ulusoy from Feyenoord and Sinan Keskin from Ajax. Their promising 16-year old talent, Odysseus Valenas also signs his first contract until 2018.

DRB300 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Heerenveen win the first leg 1-0 at home. The series is still pretty wide open though, anything could happen in game 2 at de Kuip. Good call by JC on the other match up. Vitesse take the road victory 2-1, which is also going to be a huge advantage in terms of away goals aggregate. Tough task ahead but let's see if Jans can rally his boys and make a comeback.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Dramatic ending in extra time at de Kuip. Manu had a great opportunity to take a commanding 2-0 lead for Feyenoord but met with a big save by Nordfeldt. Momentum went the other direction and Heerenveen quickly scored twice in span of 5 mins. Kazim leveled with the match equalizer at 2-2, but was too late after that. They still needed another two goals in win the series aggregate. Heerenveen will meet Vitesse in the finals.

19. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Gooooo Heerenveen! It would be nice for them, though I'm not sure what the team will look like next year.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Main changes next season will be at the striker and goalkeeper positions. Should be able to generate decent transfer revenues from Uth and Nordfeldt, with considerable interest in both players. Which will contribute on investing towards new talents. Management have several quality replacements lined up. Heerenveen are always effective at replenishing with a top scorer. Larsson is the other question mark though. He's been a very valuable member of the team, and a spark of the attack. PSV was mentioned as a possible destination, but Heerenveen has replied that they would only entertain offers in the 6-7 mio range.

The remainder of the team should be in tact. Thern will be asked to take on a larger role, and van Aken will be another year more matured. Hopefully the other youngsters like van Amersfoort, Amin (if he stays), Kada, St. Juste, Bikel, and Namli can step up.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I thought Rutten was considered the enemy after he left. Crazy things going on in Enschede.

23. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope Feyenoord do good the Netherlands needs it soft spot for them my wife is from there

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They are already out having lost to Heerenveen. First match between Heerenveen and Vitesse is on right now and is tied 1-1- at the half. Good free flowing football in this one.

25. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They just hired Gio