News: General 2016-17 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Ghezzal has refused an extension and is a free agent in June.

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ive heard that Januzaj is the target replacement for Ghezzal. Ghezzal has been playing on the right wing as of late so Depay and Ghezzal will probably play together for now.

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It looks like Aulas is trying to make a point that he's able to spend money now that the stadium revenue is coming in.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    What happened to him? He was so promising a couple years ago.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #206 SportBoy333, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Too often injured I think. He's still only 26 and can play multiple positions in midfield and is great at free kicks. Good pickup for Nice. No pressure to plug him in right away, just give him some chances and see if he fits in.

7. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OL are in some good form. Got gifted 2 goals but if Memphis can get going and if Evra comes this team could win the Europa League or CdF.

If they weren't so far behind a title run could be up there too

Nice are struggling anyone see them falling too far behind? They are really struggling to score without their players at AFCON

lefutur repped this.
  8. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We certainly need to replace Morel at LB.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    36 yr old washed up Evra > Rybus

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Evra chooses Marseille over Lyon. Economic or Sporting reasons ? Im guessing its because OM has less competition at left-back.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Andy Delort (Tigres) to Toulouse (6m)
    Anthony Mounier (Bologna) to St. Etienne (loan)

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Clemet Grenier joins Roma instead of Nice.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Roma seems to be the destination for a lot of once-thought-to-be washed-up Ligue Un prospects.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    OM 5-1 Montpellier. Bafe Gomis hat trick.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Dimitri Payet signs with Marseille for 29m. Romain Alessandrini will sign with the LA Galaxy (MLS) according to L' Equipe.

17. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    £25 million for Payet, what do you guys think of it ? Personally I think this is a good transfer and will be valuable for OM.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They have 25 mil to spend?

[​IMG]

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #219 SportBoy333, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Yeah it lets Europe know they are serious and mean business. They have more needs in defense though but those signing dont make splashes. Plus its important to remember the player didnt want to go to West Ham in the first place he was sold there cheaply because the owner was not ambitious.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Its only the winter transfer window, I reckon they will spend more than that on a player in the summer. As a Monaco fan I am worried because they have more money to spend due to them being able to generate much more revenue. Marseille are the 2nd richest behind PSG now as it should be since they are the top 2 most popular clubs.

21. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    There is also report that Payet was sacrificing and accepted a significant wage reduction in order to come back to Ligue 1. (Payet gained financially to a greater extent in London than he ever could have in France)

WOW, look like Payet was really doing anything he could to force his way out of West Ham and was desperately wanted the return where he departed the club in 2015. Really wish him the best of luck and everything could paid off for him.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah he did agree to lower his salary which is bizarre to to me be how a club like West Ham can afford to pay a player that much money. I would not be against the EPL breaking off from UEFA and having their own closed league due to other countries not being able to compete with their outrageous salaries but thats another topic for another day.

Anyway, the transfer window is closing and Im excited to see if there are any deadline deals that come out of nowhere.

23. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    So, with the additional of Payet, I think Marseille now have enough "star" power to challenge for a top 3 finish in Ligue 1 this season. :p:p:p

- Bafetimbi Gomis
    - Florian Thauvin
    - Dimitri Payet
    - Remy Cabella
    - Lassana Diarra
    - Maxime Lopez
    - Patrice Evra

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Too late for top 3. They lost too many points. I think the pres said the rest of the season there is no goals on where to finish. They are starting fresh next year.

Blueallthru repped this.