News: General 2016-17 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  3. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Dimitri Payet has been linked with a January move away from West Ham and returns to Lille. :eek:

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nah, I think you misread that. He was invited as a guest for Lille's French Cup against against another one of his former clubs.

5. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Ops my bad, I think you're right, I misread that badly. :p:speechless:

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lyon, Lille, and Monaco battling over Nicolas Pepe from Angers.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Im going give my take on Bielsa singing with Lille because it is going to happen very soon.

He did leave Marseille and Lazio rather abruptly but he didnt know those owners going in and this time he already has a clear relationship with the new Lille owner going in. They will be on the same page unlike what happen prior.

Also Lille has large stadium but crappy players and crappy style of play and Bielsa will transform them and play more exciting football and the stadium will fill up.

The only problem is he has a reputation for working and developing young talent and Lille sold off a lot of its good young talent. Maybe now they will keep that talent now that that fool Seydoux is gone. They will have money now to bring in that young talent to compensate for what they lost.

Hes gonna sign a 3 year deal, and for a club like Lille I say its worth the risk.

Marseille fans saying it wont work because Lille fans dont have the passion Marseille fans do. That is a weak take because Bielsa will single handedly bring the passion if its lacking.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    What relationship does Gerard Lopez and Bielsa have prior to this if at all?

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Not sure, but they have been communicating for a while now.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Monaco -Sochaux Coupe de Ligue match was intense. In the shootout, A Sochaux player had a chance to win it but his shot went way over the bar and Monaco won.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille -1-4 Monaco.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Now that's a good signing.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I wasnt sure if it was a good signing or not. I think it should be be a loan first to see how he adapts to France football and to see how he plays.

lefutur repped this.
  20. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Monaco confirm signing of Ajax starlet Antonucci

Monaco have confirmed the signing of Belgian teenager Franco Antonucci, who joins the club from Ajax.

The Ligue 1 leaders have tied the 17-year-old midfielder, who had been linked with Chelsea, Barcelona and Juventus, to a deal running to June 2019.

And Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev said in a statement that the arrival of Antonucci is part of the club's planning for the future.

"We are very satisfied with the arrival of Franco Antonucci, who is part of our strategy to attract Monaco of promising young players," the official said.

"At Ajax, Franco Antonucci showed a lot of qualities, which led him to be followed by the biggest clubs. We believe very much in him.

"Our structures have made it possible to reveal many players and we are convinced that they will help Franco to express its potential at the highest level in the near future."

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956...irm-signing-of-ajax-starlet-antonucci?ICID=SP

SportBoy333 repped this.
  21. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I tend to agree. I think Aulas likes all the attention the Alex Morgan deal brought to the club and wanted to do something on the men's side as well. If he comes out of his slump like Balotelli did then, sure, good deal. But its still a lot of cash.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He plays on the left so they are gonna have to move him to the right when Ghezzal comes back. He's either replacing Ghezzal or Lacazette for next year.

23. legendofzola

legendofzola Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Cape Breton
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    With the money spent he ought to be replacing Ghezzal straight away but I guess time will tell. Depay is at his best cutting in from the left.