News: General 2015-2016 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, Jun 18, 2015.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I didnt even realize Angers was in 2nd and has 18 pts. Our league sucks. :cry:

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the phenomenon of a promoted team which surprises for half a season is neither new or exclusively french, and there are different reasons that explain it.

lefutur and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You know more than me but the promoted teams get to keep the bulk of their team together usually and playing against teams like Marseille, Monaco, St. Etienne, who lose too many good elements and have to rebuild the promoted have an edge.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    still not an excuse to lose to small team...

but then again this just shows how far marseille has fallen

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Monaco vs Lyon should be a important match in ligue 1 this week i'm picking a win for Lyon don't see Monaco beating Lyon only a draw tops

guignol and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the cauldron of Louis II is pretty scary though. it's the Turkey of the Côte d'Azur.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I didnt see the match but I saw people complaining about the refs and all I know is the Bundesliga delivers exciting and entertaining football and in France its boring football and referee complaints. Mustache needs to be fired.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://i.imgur.com/XBoBVEc.jpg

Here it is, man. Not enough fans to lift the banner. It proves your point and it is what it is. All I can say to counter is that complain all you want but if Paris was a big football town like it should be then France wouldnt need Monaco for UEFA points. Picking on Monaco is easy but Id rather pick on Paris for having 10+ m inaibatitants and being a lousy football town.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wait wait wait the Bundesliga?!?
    Come on ..... Really?

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bundesliga's goal per game average has been higher than Ligue 1 for like forever. The teams play attacking football.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Morgan Amalfitano is a free agent now. Havent heard any rumors where he might sign but why not Nice since he was born there.

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Special moment for le Gaz today with their win against Nice. This was their first ever win in Ligue 1.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille beat Lille and snapped a 7 game winless streak. Not a Marseille fan but happy they won.

14. Le Coq

Le Coq Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What a save by Anthony Lopes to stop a late Yanga-Mbiwa equalising own goal. I haven't watched the whole match, but Lyon seem to have made this a lot harder for themselves than it should be. They've been a man up most of the game and are only infront through a penalty. Should've been a comfortable win.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Ajaccio beat Bordeaux 2-0 lol. Does Triaud have a lifetime job there or what :confused:

16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow that's gross

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille won 2 in a row.

18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    packedstade at Nantes vs Marseille fans looking pumped

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    No It wasnt packed. I cant remember the link that said how many tickets were sold but just look at the crowd shots.

20. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    this season ligue 1 is boring ... nothing exciting. PSg is cruising through this season without any worries , they have themselves to blame if they lose

no challengers,
    no individual standout performances
    no shocking games
    poor quality matches
    ---------------------------------
    marseille , lille, ASSE, lyon cant keep players and are so disorganized... its a shame

---------------------------------
    the quality in the league is terrible its not even funny

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon disorganized? yeah, that's right, the best stadium in France just built itself.

on the field things haven't been great but being in 2nd with bisevac, fofana, grenier, kalulu and fékir all injured shows there's something okay somewhere.

22. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    maybe not lyon .. but the others is bad ...... what i met about lyon is that they dont have the calibre they used to have .. they are no longer the force they used to be.. they are not elite .. meaning they have to comprimise in order to do something ... they had to comprismise their team in order to build stadium.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Why not pick on Bordeaux instead ? Here's a club who's got one of the greatest histories in France and they are a joke now with a boring team and a new stadium they cant fill. Aulas has a vision at least and clubs like Bordeaux are run by dinosaurs.

24. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    cheesh im not attacking lyon lol ... all im saying is that they have fallen .... and results show it .. yes they got new stadium but at the cost of team investment .. they sacrificed a few seasons to get a stadium.. which is not bad because they have there own revenue

they simply dont have calibre they used to have ....

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lyon built a new stadium because getting shlacked in the old one was getting boring for opponents, especially in the CL.