News: General 2014-2015 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 18, 2014.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Scottish Lille fan. Does the FrenchFootballweekly.com site.

AfrcnHrbMan and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So Taylor Moore who plays for Lens. Moved to France at age 7. 15 caps for England at U18 and U19 level. I guess hes not staying there because they got relegated ? Too bad because this is an interesting story. He could have chose to play for France eh but he didnt

guignol repped this.
  3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    who the fcuk is this wasp !

SportBoy333 repped this.
  4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So whose Lyon going to sign this summer to keep it somewhat respectable in Champions League next season?

I find it hard to believe that Fekir and Lacagol stay with much bigger clubs calling.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    St. Etienne 5-0 Nice. Puel sucks.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Two fantastic goals by former PSG players.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The Erding goal was great but he still needs to go. Too inconsistant per what he costs.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they're both staying next season at least.

I don't know if heurtaux is that player but all we really need is another good CB, and a replacement for bedimo if he goes.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Funny, I always thought of clement as an OL player.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I don't believe you lol. Lacazette and Fekir both going to turn down big time EPL ball?

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes they will be sold for a combined 80m and be replaced with Ben Yedder and APG total cost 10m euros and the club makes 70m profit. Typical OL strategy.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ofcourse. They're both going to leave. Aulas ain't about to turn down guaranteed big money. I'm sure he's going to ponder on what could happen next season if they both have non productive seasons or a big injury. It's all about €€€€.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I miss when they used to get established players from Brazil like Juninho and Cris and Fred. They should probably start doing that again.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I remember an elite Mario Yepes.

Pandore repped this.
  16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #392 Pandore, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    An OL player at heart who eventually goes to play for ASSE? And who turned you down to come to Paris? ;)

Anyway, that's not even the point. I've met him before (when he was playing for us) and he is so unbelievably nice that I like to see him do well.

StarrMatthieu and guignol repped this.
  17. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #393 Pandore, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    I think they will stay at least one more season, especially Fekir. He has made that pretty clear. I think Lacazette will stay too, but I'm not as sure about him.

They are very young, they've qualified for the CL, they're both adored by their fans, and they are in the right place to grow.

The year before a major tournament isn't the time to make a move that might keep you on the bench more often than you'd like.

Blueallthru repped this.
  18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he didn't turn us down, he couldn't get playing time... and he didn't go to PSG he followed PLG to gers... who booted him as well... not for his play but because he couldn't drink enough to play in Scotland. first things first.

his biggest fait d'armes remains his last minute goal a century... err a decade ago... in a match d'anthologie the likes of which PSG hasn't played since bernard lama blazed between the sticks.

putain ça a giclé dans tous les sens à l'OL café (l'original, le vrai, le seul) ce soir-là.

http://m.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuille_match/49078

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    jesus that diego perez was such a butcher... he got essien's dander in such a lather that PLG knew he had to pull him but in the time to get a player warmed up (clément in fact iirc, making it all that much more jouissif) he'd already picked up biscotte #2. essen had lots of qualities but intelligence and sangfroid were never among them.

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    established in brazil in those days didn't mean squat no matter how much conviction you said it with. Fred was the only one whose arrival was accompanied by any kind of hoopla and a brace in his first official match and a the opener in auxerre on day 38 to nail #5 to the wall at 30 PdC aside he never came to no damned good... if I have the good fortune to live longer than he I'll fly 8 hours to dance on his grave não há problema! when we signed them juni was anonymous and cris was a big gamble... he had a 6-month sword of Damocles hanging over his head for a rumble he'd been in at cruzeiro... an anecdote about that, when he was being rumored on olweb we happened to be at satolas to fly out to I can't remember where and I saw nanar with a bald guy and a TLM crew rushing to the elevators to VIP parking... G and G jr. were the very first of all the gones to get his autograph and serrer his pince, even before jean-mimi!

21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He did turn you down when we both went after him. Yes, he followed Le Guen, but he didn't have to. Besides, what kind of diehard Lyon supporter would wear green?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. He was one of ours for a few years and I remember him fondly.

guignol repped this.
  22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    heurtaux could play for PSG he's a great centerback Lyon should pick him up def could play for our national team this kid is 6'0 foot

SportBoy333 repped this.
  23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team: