News: General 2013-2014 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 24, 2013.

1. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Must be the water...

guignol repped this.
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Between Lille and St. Etienne for that last Champions League spot I honestly dont care. 2 clubs who arent rich who have to sell to buy and they have little chance of winning 2 qualifying rounds. No Im not hoping for St. Etienne because they have "better fans" I want whoever has a better chance of winning becasue we need UEFA pts.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So most of us dont care about French tv rights because we arent in France but they are important because they put more money into the clubs pockets and I read that Canal+ beat BeInSports in getting the best games. Now in the US on my cable system for example we get BeInSport and not Canal + so does that mean we dont get the best matches ?

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    well I get Ligue 1 games via Univision Deportes. I only have BeIn Sports Espanol, which don't pass Ligue 1 games at all and Univision Deportes basically shows all the biggest games of Ligue 1 from over the weekend, like PSG vs Marseille.. Lyon vs ASSE.. etc aslong as they're the headliner for that week.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://soccerly.com/article/soccerly...arly-1-billion

Ligue 1 Sells TV Rights for Nearly $1 Billion a year

France's top football league sold domestic television rights for 2016-20 for a record sum of nearly one billion dollars a year, officials said Friday.

The new deal saw Ligue 1 sold for 726 million euros ($994 million) a year and the second division for 22 million euros a year.

The Canal Plus cable television broadcaster made the biggest offer to secure the right to the first choice of the two best Ligue 1 matches each week.

The previous record for 2008-2012 sold for 668 million euros a year while this season and next the figure falls to 607 million euros.

But with Qatari and Russian investors now ploughing huge sums into Ligue 1 clubs -- allowing Paris Saint Germain to buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Monaco Radamel Falcao for a combined figure over 120 million euros -- the French Professional League (LFP) had hoped for more.

"I had wanted to put the French championship in the top three in Europe," said LFP president Frederic Thieriez, who added that the figure was below but close to what the league had sought.

"I would have liked more because I have big ambitions for French football, but the market has spoken," he added.

BeIn Sports, a Qatari-backed cable broadcaster, was the second highest bidder. None of the other competitors, such as Eurosport or telecoms firm Orange, won any television rights.

- France fourth in rights league -

The auction put France in fourth place in the European television rights league -- ahead of Germany (675m euros), but behind Spain (750m), Italy (960m) and especially England's Premier League, which earns a massive 1.7 billion euros a year.

The LFP had set a reserve price above the 726 million euros announced, but it was not immediately revealed how much they wanted.

Thiriez said only that the offers by Canal Plus and BeIn Sport were "very close" with tens of millions of euros between them.

According to sources close to negotiations, Canal Plus will increase payments from their current 420 million euros a year to about 550 million.

BeIn has been paying about 150 million euros a year. Its new deal was not revealed.

BeIn could be saving its financial power for bids to UEFA, Europe's governing body, for the 2015-2018 rights to the Champions League, which have to be handed in on Monday, analysts said.

Despite the arrival of the Qatar Investment Authority to bankroll PSG and Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev at Monaco, French clubs say they face growing financial difficulties as they battle to pay top salaries to help them compete in Europe.

While PSG are close to qualifying for the semi-finals of Europe's Champions League, other clubs are deep in debt.

The French government has put football stars in the group that will have to pay a 75 percent tax on the highest salaries. The French league estimates this will cost clubs 44 million euros a year.

guignol repped this.
  7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #457 SportBoy333, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Come on Mustache, you dont deserve to be in the top 3. Youre lucky you're ahead of the Bundesliga and their product is better than yours since they have full stadiums, score more goals, and play more attractive football! Its not the market thats the reason its your product which needs improvement.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Bielsa to Marseille!?!

baww god... this just got oh so very interesting.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hes either gonna succeed or flop hard. We will have to wait and see but its going to be exciting. Lens with added funds back in Ligue 1, Bielsa at Marseille, PSG and Monaco in the Champions League and strengthening their teams, Ligue 1 next year is gonna be great.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Aulas tackles PSG. Dont like what he says. PSG dont have to buy French just to give money to struggling clubs. Professional football is not a charity. OL going with youth because they have no money, PSG buying stars because they have money. Its simple as that.

http://news.maxifoot.fr/info-196255_140418/football.php

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hes also talking about finishing 4th and gettting into the Champions League because certain teams could be excluded. At least he admits its fantasy. Sorry OL fans, I know you have to defend your leader but someone please put a muzzle on this guy. Now guys like me can root against Lyon to finish 4th because of comments like that.

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/ol/l-ol-4e-et-en-c1-c-est-possible-pour-aulas,141769

13. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    "Un Big Mac pour Gignac, un Big Mac pour Gignac"

La Magica and SportBoy333 repped this.
  14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #464 SportBoy333, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014

[​IMG]

StarrMatthieu and La Magica repped this.
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Cisse benched in Bastia's last match for being late. 2 goals in 13 matches. B-U-S-T. Wonder where he'll be next year. MLS is calling.

17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    THIS.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Word lol. He's just collecting paychecks at this point in his career.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Rumors of a Joe Cole return to Lille popped up. I dont believe it.

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :sleep:

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No mention of PSG being punished by UEFA for breaking FFP??

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I wont talk about it because its unfair. Punish the Spanish teams who are millions in debt and still buy good players or the ones that get bailed out by the govt. If Atletico Madrid or Valencia were in France they would have been relegated by the DCNG. Every country is playing by different rules.

StarrMatthieu and guignol repped this.
  24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Journalist Pascal Praud reveleaed Zidane is in contact with Bordeaux.

25. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #475 NicolasN., May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    I have the feeling that Ibra could be the favorite to win the best player in L1 this season award. :D When Falcao signed at Monaco, many people considered him better than Ibra. However, during the part of the season he played, he has never been able to show that he could have the same influence on his team as the Swede does.