News: General 2011-2012 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Youssef El-Arabi leaving Caen for Al-Hilal in Saud Arabia (for rumored about 7 million). I guess it's good for Caen if they were willing to pay more than Stoke, Genoa and Valencia but a bit disappointing in terms of El-Arabi's ambitions.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well since he's Arab, I dont think its weird he wants to play in an Arab country. I dont have much problem with that move because if a player turns down EPL, La Liga or Serie A, I love it since Im a Ligue 1 fan.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, he's actually french of morrocan heritage, he plays for morocco but even if he speaks good arabic (not always the case) and knows the bled very well, he'll be in for a big culture shock. if i understand correctly the arabic spoken in these countries is so different there may even be a language problem!

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Giuly and Trezeguet are both training with Monaco. I'd like to know if they have any intentions of signing there. I doubt it but who knows.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    help and save monaco that would be cool

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He's saying he wants to return to France and he mentioned all the big club but I do not think anyone in L1 will sign him and he will be forced to go abroad or play for ASM.

7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i would sign Trezgoal psg is getting rid of peggy and erding

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    PSG, OL, OM, Bordeaux have all said they arent interested in him. Nice is not saying no. I dont know who else could be involved.

9. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Lille [4 - 5] Marseille
    9' [1 - 0] F. Balmont
    58' [2 - 0] E. Hazard
    71' [2 - 1] A. Ayew
    72' [3 - 1] M. Sow
    85' [3 - 2] J. Morel
    87' [3 - 3] L. Remy
    90' [3 - 4] A. Ayew (pen.)
    90' [4 - 4] M. Basa
    90' [4 - 5] A. Ayew (pen.)

Now that's how you open up a season, crowned champion on the first day- to be crowned champion on last day. ALLEZ L'OM!

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i didn't see the match but 4 goals for OM in the last 10 minutes (including 2 penalties) looks very suspicious to me. le coeur du maghreb bat pour l'OM and delocalizing this match was a fine idea from an image standpoint but disastrous from a sporting one. lille would have stood a better chance at the commanderie.

11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Trophee Champions should have been played in Romania ;)
    [​IMG]

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Neither of them wants to play in Ligue 2. They arent as old as Wiltord is yet.:)

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont like making predictions but if you ask me right now I'm gonna say OM win the title, Lyon finish 2nd and PSG 3rd. I think those 3 are far ahead of everyone else. I except Lille to drop off because of losing players and replacing them with ones who arent as good. PSG will drop a lot of points early because they have to intergrate too many new players and by the time their lineup gets settled those lost points will cost them the title. Lyon havent really lost much but if they sell guys like Bastos, Cissokho, Pjanic, before the transfer window closes then I would knock them down a few spots. As of now they lost one guy who is on the decline anyway plus all the talented young players they have they should be ok for top 3 spot. Im a little worried about OM because Gignac is injury prone and Morel is a huge drop off from Taiwo and he has no cover and Im skeptical about Amalifitano replacing Lucho as playmaker but they have a solid squad and the best coach in the league and their wingers and defensive mids are very solid. I really wish DD would move Fanni or Azpi to the other side rather than have them both fight for a starting job and have one of them on the bench. I like Toulouse, Lille, Rennes, and St. Etienne to contend for Europa League spots.
    I also want Evian, Ajaccio, and Auxerre relegated.

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ASSE is getting it together pretty well. lille and rennes are givens. TFC is always a question mark. even if martin is still probably leaving, FCSM is going to be a good squad, but a bit thin, and since this is their fans' one and only chance i think they're going to give the Europa Cup their best go.

i know you don't like AJA, but if dijon comes good they are indeed destined to disappear. if paris can't support two clubs, podunk sure can't. ajaccio should never be in L1. ever. they've never had the proper infrastructure and unlike lots of naive little clubs/towns that spend their kids' milk money to homologate their park, ajaccio just slides by corsican style with a smirk and a broken promise. as for evian, even their own fans want them relegated. driving to annecy to watch "home" matches will be a nightmare for them.

when a kop member dies on the road to a match you get the customary black banner and armbands the next fixture. knowing the way savoyards drive (and drink), black armbands will be a permanent feature of the uniforms of croix de savoie-evian-thonon les bains-gaillard-ville-la-grande-chablais (did i miss anyone?) with about 10 or 12 minutes of silence before each match.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    The 3 teams that come up every year never all got back down at once. So Evian, Ajaccio, Dijon, 1 or 2 is gonna be saved. Ajaccio is a good safe bet to stay because of their goalie.

17. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow, easy Guignol! My dad and his family are from Morzine... some of them live in Thonon les bains.... :D

18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    oh, well then he knows all about it! in the 7-4, la vie, c'est l'alambic! [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4430_mavie-cest-lalembic_news"]Dailymotion - Mavie, c'est l'alembic - une vidéo Actu et Politique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

en plaine un peu moins quand même.

i didn't embed that properly, and what's more it's not the exact version i had in mind... [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wdmb_la-gnole_fun"]this[/COLO"]Dailymotion - La gnole - une vidéo Comédie et Humour@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame] is the video that has forged our daily language (for the over 30's set at least) as le pere noel est une ordure or les guignols de l'info.

c'est de la daube; ça fait rien on y boira!

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    [​IMG]

Look how different he used to look. Doesnt look like the same guy.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    People are picking Lille ahead of Lyon and I dont see it. Gervinho was like the best player in the whole league and Payet, really ??? Rami is a starter for Le Bleus and Basa was exilied in Russia. Pedretti is 30 and on the downside. Bonnart is over 30 and played for a team that got relegated. No good backup fowards behind Sow who wont be as good without Gervinho. DeMelo isnt great. They need Chu Yung Park or Erding.

22. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Lots of zapping between the games.

PSG looked like the old PSG, Sakho seemed completly distracted and made mistake after mistake, Matudi-Chantome in the middle was just awful. AK will be fired before Christmas.

Marseille's defense is just as awful as it ever was.

For some reason watched a lot of AJA - Toulouse. Ajaccio played like a low budget version of Stoke with much smaller players and without a rory delap and a big strong central striker which means you can't hope to score much and it's hard to out muscle a team that is physically stronger than you such as Toulouse . They were a bit unlucky to be down 0-1 at half though as Toulouse basically converted their only chance and Ajaccio did create a lot of corners but in the 2nd quality gap in the players just came through for TFC. Will be a long season in Corse-sud I reckon.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Of course AK wont last the season. Qataris want a big name foreign manager. Nene and Gamerio looked good though. Pastore is really needed you could tell from watching. Bisevac wasnt bad either. Jallet and Tiene still arent good enough and theres still not much depth behind Nene and Menez. If you upgrade from Hoarau then you do it. Lorient looked good though for a team that lost some key players.

Supposedly Lucho had a good game. Too bad hes desperate to get out of here.

24. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Dijon - Rennes 1:5 , have to say Rennes looks really strong, 12 goals in three matches almost all from the midfield. The Dortmund of bretagne, would say they are a striker away from a serious challenge to the top 3 but if Pitroïpa, Boukari and Montaño continues to play like this they mght not need one.

25. wojtek1313

wojtek1313 New Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm very happy of PSG beginning of season ;) Somebody thinks that if he will spend a lot of money and will buy a few hottest names that his team immediately starts to win :) Fortunately, money doesn't play :)