News: General 2011-2012 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    10th June.

2. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome - thanks.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Morgan Amalfitano signing with OM. Havent seen him play but I cant be too excited about a 26year old free player from Lorient. If thats Lucho's replacement then YIKES, typical stupid OM move.

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I had him on my Vannes OC squad in FM when I was tasked to bring them to ligue 1 glory. Tidy little player, scored more than a few match winners lol.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hmmm "tidy little player" isnt the kind of player I'd want if I'm the so called "biggest club in France." They arent the same position but hopefully this move is similar to when they got Eduard Cisse or Fabriece Abriel, free players who werent expected to carry a lot of the load.

6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Édouard Cissé might play for Evian :eek:

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  8. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    César Azpilicueta on his way to Valencia according to marca.com, would make OM look stupid (despite Fanni's play)

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    It would be stupid because if you lose Azpi, Taiwo, and Heinze thats 3 starters right there and you could move Azpi to the other side and have Diawarra-M'Bia in the middle with Fanni on one side and Azpi on the other and then all you need to sign are backups. OM is so stupid. I keep forgetting Hilton and Julien Rodriguez are still there and they suck. Now that Deschamps will have more power hopefully the foolishness wont happen.

10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Looks like PSG is in to win it next year making the first moves of the big clubs. With the signing of Douchez they may have solved their keeper issues, and the addition of Gameiro is huge for them. I'm interested to see how he does at a higher profile club, but I feel his transition will be seemless. I hope Aulas is paying attention to this, it's going to be tight at the top again next year.

11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm sure he is but I think their gameplan has already been put in place. I think they are probably counting on the new backline and coaching changes to elevate the team this season.

12. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG already had very good team before their recent signings. They have the best strikeforce along with Lille in Ligue 1. That's If Lille can hold onto Sow and Gervinho.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I want to see if PSG will sign an older, cheaper striker instead of going with Hoarau or Erding. Those Forlan rumors died pretty quick.

14. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i agree Forlan would be prefect of even Berbatov :cool:

15. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hoarau and Erding are very good when they don't play with eachother. So one of team might want a change of scenery. No highly quality older striker like Forlan will come cheap. If they can get like Forlan at a reasonable price then it would be a good buy. I would use alot of the transfer budget to buy young players like M. Sissoko and Marvin Martin. If they continue develop, in two to three seasons down the road, PSG could've a scary team.

16. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm just scratching my head as to why other teams weren't clammering for Gameiro... By others I mean, OM, Lyon, and foreign clubs (no Newcastle is not a relevant option)....

The guy is freaking goldplated dynamite as someone I know used to say....

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Valencia wanted him and they are a big club. OM and Lyon have no money and have to sell before they buy a big player like that. OM blew their wad on Gignac and have to live with that one for a while.

18. toopil

toopil Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Do you think of Dijon in L1?

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i hope they finish building there stadium ! [​IMG]do you have any info on that? Dijon is a beautiful city

20. toopil

toopil Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    The stadium is too expensive. It will be completed if the club remains in L1.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille and Lyon going cheap. Bordeaux have no money. No more Monaco, Lens, and Nantes. St. Eteinne dont spend money. Thank god for PSG or this would be one sad and boring summer. Going back to 18 teams is such a good idea when you see how few "big" clubs we have. I still have hope Lille and Nice will become much bigger when they get their new stadiums because we need new clubs to offset the downturn of Monaco, Lens, Nantes, St. Etienne, once big clubs who now arent.

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Le probable futur manager du Paris SG, Leonardo, a été arrêté par la police lors de son séjour au Brésil. Le technicien brésilien aurait refusé de se soumettre à un test d'alcoolémie ce qui lui a valu une amende de 418 euros ainsi que la suspension immédiate de son permis de conduire.

L'ancien international brésilien devrait passer devant un tribunal administratif d'ici quelques jours.

wtf? lol

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    St. Etienne get Sinama-Pongolle on loan from Sporting Lisbon. Nice move, I didnt see that one coming. They get Diakhaté and that would be another nice signing. If they sell Matuidi and Payet that could hurt though. I still remember when they signed Sonogo and I thought he would explode but he was an injury plagued bust.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    St. Etienne get Sinama-Pongolle on loan from Sporting Lisbon def a good move for St.Etienne! will be a force this season Bakary Sako right behind Sinama-pongolle, are they still keeping Emmanuel Rivière? the greens might fight for a champions league spot this year!

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They need to keep Matuidi. Payet is not coming back. I'm not sure whats up with Rivière. Sinama-Pongolle is funny because they thought they had an agreement with Frau and he stiffed them and went to Caen but it works out because they get a much better player in the end. I want to see if they sign Jeremy Clement as well.