News: General 2011-2012 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    5th league loss in a row for OM and 6th in a row if you count the loss to Inter. They could win the Coup de France or Coup de Ligue or both of them to save their season and get into the Europa League but this is beyond pathetic.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, they might still win the champion's league. labrune says they can do it and he should know.

bordeaux just missed out beating ACA, conceding the equalizer in injury time, otherwise OM would have found themselves quite a few points out of 8th place.

besides lyon's big derby win, the belle operation of the night is for QSG, who also equalized in stoppages (saved again by that mediocre jallet) while MHSC lost at nancy, playing the last half hour down to nine men.

big matches tomorrow for both ends of the table: sochaux's big chance to get their head above water, a crucial meeting between téfécé and rennes virtually tied for 6th right now, and a northern derby which the LOSC has to win if they don'y want lot of folks breathing down their necks.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    A month ago no one thought OL would get 3rd but 2 consectutive wins over 2 teams they are competiting for for 3rd makes them the favorites now.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    certainly they have their fate in their hands. one sees that when larqué tipped them to be champions at the beginning of the season he wasn't completely doddering; neither what MHSC has done nor what has happened to PSG was easy to predict, and if it hadn't been for a one month rough patch they just went through lyon would be right up there with them.

their quality when they get it together shows in their cup performances and against the other top table teams; except for a thrashing by the LOSC at the beginning of the season they came to play every time; only PSG really bested them over two matches and even there lyon showed good stuff and with a bit of luck could have had a draw and a win instead of a loss and a draw.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lille destroyed Valenciennes. Big statement for people who thought they were dead. They said Roberto Mancini was in the stands to watch Hazard. Gotta love these clubs with more money than God just throwing tons of money at foreign players rather than developing their own talent.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    claro hombre!
    forgot to mention that SAF was at gerland for OL-LOSC; i wondered who he was there for, probably a lot of guys. but if it was for either hazard or débuchy he couldn't have been much impressed. as for débuchy, he was as insipid against lyon as he was great against germany: average out the two and he hasn't won the starting spot in bleu by a long shot.

8. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hazard was actually asked about Ferguson yawning during the match...:rolleyes:

9. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea I saw that, like Hazard even cares...effing journos :rolleyes:

10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I assumed Fergie was there to see Lloris.

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I doubt it, Fergie just spent 19 million quid on De Gea this pass summer. Only 21 years old too.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I know clubs scout players all the time but when I read Aston Villa was scouting Giroud at their last match I thought now this is ridiculous. It did give me a good laugh at least.

14. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    38th minute, 1-0 for Quevilly still against Marseille. Leboeuf is a genius of an accouncer, I quote : "on cherche la solution finale". hahaha Perfect timing.

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    oh.

my.

god.

still 1-0 at 84'.

in the factory where i work, we're about 60% OL fans 30% sainté fans (a big machining tradition up their way) about 5% sardines, the rest a mixed bag, mostly auxerre fans.

the bourguignons are obviously in a pitiful state of mind.

the steffs had become inoculated against disappointment through the years, but they really had hopes this last time, and they took it REALLY hard. nearly suicidal! so bad we felt sincerely bad for them and tried to cheer them up.

the OM fans are nearly as low, and if they lose tonight the place will be like a tomb tomorrow.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    1-1 on 88'.

17. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    3-2 for Quevilly. Fully deserved result :cool: Morel is so bad, all of Quevilly offenses started in his back.

18. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Time to pour up the brown liquor.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Deschamps needs to resign before they can fire him and get away from the 3 Stooges as quickly as possible.

20. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Deschamps is intouchable while he has a huge share of responsabilities of the actual situation at Marseille.

It'd funny to make an assessment of the players he desired and the fiasco it has been both economicaly and sportively. It's like Blanc who is already finding excuses in case France fails at the Euro and will say "I knew it" if the national team has decent results. It seems like France 98 is untouchable. Funnily, Marseille became healthy again during the presidence of Diouf who left because he had troubles with Labrune.

Labrune, Dassier and Deschamps made an amazing job to destroy all the efforts Marseille made. Back to the era of Johnny Ecker, Bakayoko and Johansen for Marseille. I take the bet that Labrune will promise "more technical players" because of all the criticisms of the way Marseille is playing and the future signings will be introduced as such like CC did with PSG and Traoré, Hellebuyk...who were supposed to be players with a strong mental. All Marseille will get is mediocre players like during the past transfert window and Deschamps will leave without any criticism.

Deschamps is coaching Deschamps, not Marseille.

21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what the hell happen to L'OM ? :p all i know is Deschamps is still a great coach but WTF?:rolleyes:

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    This guy thinks everyone wants Montpellier to win

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/paris/la-france-entiere-est-contre-le-psg-pour-jourdren,86347

France hates greatness and love mediocrity it seems. PSG has better fans than Montpellier and Lille for years but no one wants to mention that. Montpellier has lousy fans and Lille is a selling club that always sells its best players. Im supposed to support them over PSG ? Umm No. Poor = good and rich = evil according to the Frenchies.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, he's right!

you're mostly right too. but i think saying the struggle is between greatness and mediocrity is very inaccurate (even if the syndrome has often been described in as many words here in france, and in more contexts than football). i think there's a natural human propensity to root for the underdog that favors montpellier.

the wave of anti-PSG feeling we're seeing now didn't happen when either OM or OL were dominating, certainly not to the same extent. i don't even think the widespread provincial repulsion to all things parisian* is nearly as responsible for it as the suddenness and the perceived unfairness and haughtiness with which the change in PSG's fortunes has come about.
    for all its weaknesses, ligue 1 has at least been competitive over the years, and many fear it has now been hijacked in one fell swoop by a cackling deus ex machina.

* turn on your radio in the morning in toulouse, lyon, bordeaux or strasbourg: first things you'll hear are what the weather's going to be like in paris, how many minutes traffic delay to the porte maillot, and how PSG did. no wonder paname gets up so many nostrils.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    as concerns fans in paris or in the provinces, i might agree that paris has better fans than montpellier, but not better than lille. PSG averages 250% bigger crowds, but the LOSC fills their stadium better in percentage of capacity, and when one considers that whether we're talking about city limits or agglomeration, paris has TEN TIMES the population, they would have to support FOUR clubs at the rate they do PSG to equal lille.

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nails it