General 2010-2011 Ligue 1 Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'France' started by AfrcnHrbMan, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and of course arles-avignon gets relagated with 2 months left in the season. there's a greater gap between them and staying up than between GF38 (last in L2) and promotion.

serves them just about right. this was staring them in the face from the get-go, they had every chance to decline a promotion that promised them nothing but grief, and then proceeded to take the absolute worst option in every decision they were faced with. in 5 years they'll be back in CFA2 or not even and good riddance to bad rubbish.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Keep your eyes on Olivier GIROUD this guy is 100% per cent better than Remy , Hoarau

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Harsh....

Granted they've been pitiful, but anytime a team takes the drop they deserve at least a little sympathy.

If not for the players, management or owners, for the fans.

God knows I've seen my team do the "elevator" enough times to empathize.... :eek:

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Hope they change their name back in the next few years. Drop the Avignon because they already have a team.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lille drop points....yet again. :eek:

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Talk about capitulation....Doesn't look so clear cut now about Lille doing a double.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I used to be a "Lille hater" but I like them now that their stadium is actually being built.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what the hell happen to
    Frédéric Sammaritano

hes an other one that should have went to a strange club like Gourcuff i really believe Gourcuff is in the wrong club need to play outside of france Lyon is a mistake i said it before and say it now same with Sammaritano psg should pick him up cheap for lame Auxerre

10. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    marseille look like favorites now, even ahead of the game on wednesday. there's the whiff of panic lingering in the Lille camp these days.

11. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    It's a little bit too simple for Gourcuff to say that he would rather hear less from him in the media, that he has too much pressure and so on. He wanted to leave Bordeaux for Lyon. It's him who announced it to Tigana near the end of the transfer window.

If he wanted to follow an anymous career, why did he want to sign at Lyon ? You can refuse Lyon and its huge salary.
    When you are a good player, you don't hide yourself behind this kind of excuses. Pressure is part of the deal especially if you want to be a top player and earn the salary of a top player.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i agree with you for most part, what i mean is gourcuff was of needed playing time at the time when he was at Ac Milan got loaned out Bordeaux Carpe diem
    "Seize the Day"( putting as little trust as possible in the future) the "stars" lined up with Mr blanc being the coach taking him under his wing starting a club like Bordeaux back from the ashes ,as for Ac Milan mess up big time should haved believed in gourcuff and stayed in milan or went to spain or back to italy like a club Juventus F.C. hell of alot better than Felipe Melo but yes money was a big factor! no doubt! i feel like Lyon at the time was on its way out of ligue 1 and looking more into making a champions league team what is hard to carry both juggling isn't easy looked at Realmadrid before jose mourinho hell maybe Lyon needs a foreign coach LIKE italian Marcello Lippi change some ideas hell ! psg needs one if they get a champions leauge spot this year asap!

i feel the same way with Gignac as i do Gourcuff for that matter L'om wasn't the best choice i believe kevin gameiro will do the right thing and leave france so will sow too!

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't understand your logic here Matt. Because Yoyo didn't leave France after Bordeaux is the reason he's looked like shit all year? If he can't cut it at a top club in France, where will he excel? Sunderland? Sporting Gijon? They best part of french football, and the reason why french footballers do so well abroad is the versatility of the french system. You can play fast, hard, you can pass around, dribble. It's all part of the french game. That's why quality players can do just as well in the Premiership or La Liga despite their differing styles. Gignac is like Yoyo, maybe being a big fish in a big pond leaves you to be found out. I was never huge on Gignac but this year proves he's not a top class striker. What's a change of code postal gonna do for it.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if you ever spent any time in that burg you'd already love lille: after lyon it's the nicest city in france.

besides being no frigging good? if AJA goes down he should stay, he's L2 level and that's not such a tragedy. hell, i wish i could play in L2!

but don't forget the sardines have to come to gerland, and all in all lyon is playing the best football of all the teams on the podium right now (not saying much). i wouldn't be much surprised to see OL (whom everyone has been writing off these last couple of weeks) be tabbed "favorites" come next weekend.

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    i would like to agree with you but after the game against PSG i think the team have pretty much lost hope.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Check out all the latest info regarding the 93rd French Cup final between Paris Saint-Germain and Lille at the Stade de France on Saturday 14 May...

The home team is the winner of the first semi-final, in this case: PSG.
    PSG's substitutes and coaching staff will occupy the SOUTH bench (to the right exiting the tunnel).

The choice of dressing room is the same as the bench, Les Parisiens will be using the SOUTH Changing room, usually used by opponents of Les Bleus in international matches.

PSG will be wearing their red shirt, white shorts and blue socks. LOSC will play in white shirt, blue shorts and white socks.

The Coupe Gambardella (French youth cup) between Troyes or Saint-Etienne versus Monaco or Sedan will take place before the final at 17:15 CET.

At 20:25 CET, S.O. Chambéry will receive the Tableau d’Honneur, rewarding the giant-killer in the 2010-11 campaign, handed over by the two coaches and Jean Djorkaeff.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Is this the highest honor at youth level in France? Is this some sort of French national U18/U19 title perhaps?

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes i believe is cfa like a under 21 clubs battle it out and the final is in stade de france before the coupe de france aka Coupe Charles Simon on the same day

20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    a pathetic Lyon today. They will find it difficult to secure a CL spot next season at this rate, especially with their dismal form away from home.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think Lyon will be the CL spot because they are better than PSG overall.

22. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed.....Lille is enormously under-appreciated/recognized. I've had the pleasure of spending a significant amount of time there, and I always look forward to visiting again.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there's only one thing i can't bear about lille and it's not even the weather: when someone in the estaminet is having mussels "ch'ti style" (with maroilles cheese) i have to clear out. even from across a big dining room the honk can kill you in seconds.

24. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Darn was hoping we would go all dark blue. I know its our 40th anniversary season and all but we won it in the dark blue last year and its the traditional PSG look.

Cool info though, thanks for posting :)

25. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    GAMBARDELLA CREDIT AGRICOLE

Finale

Samedi 14 mai 2011 - 17H15