Gates and PO Tickets

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by rkane1226, Sep 22, 2002.

1. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We entered the south/non-lighthouse end of the stadium where we got to stand for about 20 minutes in a line. Only two gates were open for processing people. One "male gate" and one "female gate!" That is all!

This is ridiculous. We got in the stadium just about when the National Anthem was going to start and the line was just as long as when we got into it. Probably longer. Some fan appreciation night.

Keeping in mind the price of parking, tickets, beer, water, etc. I think they could show a little respect and get me in the game on time.

And if their attitude is that we should just show up earlier they are shmucks. Note that I got in on time. However, for the first 15 minutes of the game I saw more "heads of fans" walking down steps to their seats than game. They aren't just inconveniencing people who have the audacity to show up at about 7:00 P.M. They are inconveniencing the people in their seats!

Finally, what is the word on playoff tickets for season ticket holders? Why isn't it hard to imagine some PATS marketing person declaring, "The season ticket holders can get in line with everyone else!"

2. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i had to go get some tix at will call and did it at 6. they had 1 lousy gate open with at least 70 people in it at the main entrance when i walked by. this just started the domino effect THAT WAS trying to get into the stadium.

...so with these tactics i figured they were trying to say "get in early".....clearly, it doesn't even matter if you do that either.

3. sandman012

sandman012 Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Providence
    What is it about a security badge?

Why were there more gates open for a Wednesday night game with a low turnout last month, but not for a game that everyone was certain was going to be a sell-out?

What with those stupid man and women lines, that aren't even near each other to keep up with your party?

ANd WTF was it with that woman security person patting down woman in their line whose common sense and intelligence were rendered useless by here yellow security jacket.

A woman walks up with 5 children en tow, one of which was a 5 yo boy, the rest girls, no father. The security woman says she can't let the boy in her gate, that he had to go to the men's line ... by himself .... around the corner. THe woman obviously refused to let her little boy go into the line alone without her. Eventually, after having to wait for her supervisor make the call, the woman was let in by a police officer, with the security woman still complaining that the boy shouldnt have been let in there.

Unbelievable.

Go Revs.

4. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    One main gate open next to the ticket windows for a 20,000 + crowd is idiocy and, frankly, irresponsibly unsafe. Sure, there was another gate open on the southwest corner and another at the south but that just isn't enough.

Being a season ticket holder I could zoom through the Centre Circle gate and fair enough but there should certainly have been other gates opened by the Jacobs's, er. Krafts......

JIM DOW

5. sandman012

sandman012 Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Providence
    where was that?

6. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i critized the opening of more gates about week 10 (i think they announced 5 c. circle gates) as a ploy to simply train more staff b/f pats games started. i was roundly rapped on the wrist by a high up revs employee via email stating that it couldn't be further from the truth and that they were making good for the season tix holders and shouldn't be criticized when they're doing the right things.

of course now we're back down to one lousy gate again and it looks like we're back down to 2nd class citizen status....hmmmm, no more staff training sessions i see.

[btw the c. circle gate was all the way to the left at the main entrance....but, of course, its hard to tell when they have the sign sitting on the ground and not hanging above the entry point.]