Game Thread: vs Puerto Rico 4/1/17

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by The One X, Apr 1, 2017.

1. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    3-3 Tie.

Started off and ended looking extremely good. Inbetween those though was horrible. We let the poor officiating get to our heads.

I'm not sure about the starting center defense. Kwame Watson-Siriboe doesn't seem to know what to do when he has the ball at his feet, and as a group there seems to be a lot of holes.

I didn't have a good angle at the game, was the last goal offsides or another poor call? Looked like a poor call to me.

jeffcoop repped this.
  2. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frustrating game. From my vantage point, the conduct that lid for the two penalties called against us did not look any worse than the conduct in two instances in the box (shirt-tugging, back-pushing) that were not called on Puerto Rico. But even if I was reviewing the officiating through faulty, home-team-oriented lenses, we should have done better than a draw. Still, better than all loss.

The One X repped this.
  3. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We occasionally had some nice movement of the ball, but we seemed a bit slow compared to Puerto Rico, which pinged the ball around at pace during the leadup to the first goal. Hopefully we do a better job of coping it's that next time out.

The One X repped this.
  4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i was going to put the game on last evening, and then i saw it was already final. damn you, afternoon start.

i am kinda bummed to miss the season opener. i hadn't missed one yet. mrs. s. is super pregnant so i decided against being 2 hours away from home. maybe we'll take the little one to opening day next year.

5. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck with the super pregnancy! Your life is going to change more than you know.

I actually enjoyed the afternoon game. It was a cool afternoon but a warm sun, which would have been gone for a 7:30 start. Also, the game just looked brilliant in sunshine. I'm looking forward to one more afternoon start before the night games resume.

stphnsn and The One X repped this.