PBP: Game Thread: USA vs Jamaica 6/5/2019

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Sebsasour, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I started watching the New Mexico vs Oklahoma City game on ESPNEWS to try and get that nightmare of a game off my mind

2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why watch that? I have it recorded so I can just FF through the boring parts. Makes the whole game about two minutes long.

SlyEli repped this.
  3. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    When Sargent plays for a decade scoring goals (or not even scoring goals) against Concacaf minnows, I'm sure many here will be happy to make similar jokes.

4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow utterly horrific.

5. rashaverak1961

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 23, 2017
    TOAzer - sorry to have sent storm clouds Worcester way.

(It's raining but we can't blame Trapp for that, can we? :) Maybe yes...

TOAzer repped this.
  6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    J
    Yes. As unimpaired as old man sacharine was he had the stack to play the right players and ride with them. That kind of courage only comes from the old I guess.

7. rashaverak1961

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 23, 2017
    I honestly hope that Ream and Gonzalez will have the good sense to hang up their USMNT shirts out of honor...embarrassment...

Ream is good for at least one brain f-rt/giveaway that usually results in a 2v1 against the hapless goalie swearing behind him.

Gonzalez should be, as Elninho implies, playing on a men's 60+ team somewhere...that's about his game speed. Grrr.

8. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait...

There were exciting parts?

appwrangler repped this.
  9. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 14, 2009
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, if I had paid $100 a ticket to watch a bunch of scrubs show why they don't belong on the team, I would be seriously pissed right now. Passes to nowhere, constant give-aways, and rudimentary tactics that that would be embarrassing for a 40+ rec team. If there was a point to this, I have no idea what it was.

Burr repped this.
  10. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    I mean, the goal was actually pretty nice, and Andre Blake's save on Sargent was a solid highlight, but yeah, that was 90' of awful.

11. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think that was snark

12. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    How many hung em up after couva? That was a performance and result 10 times worse than this. And half that lineup is still eminently involved in the team 2 years later.

Not gonna happen.

jnielsen and rashaverak1961 repped this.
  13. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No - This is the last straw....

14. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I’ll just take my swing. This team is trash, the coach is also. A good coach builds a system around the players strengths and I don’t see that from GB. Nova really isn’t good enough??? That’s BS same goes for Gall and Morales. Why is Omar here? I think it’s a disgrace to not reward EPB for how he fought back and finished the season. When need more transparency on the direction of the program. No more of this “coach’s guy” selections.

15. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not really. That is just how long it takes to FF through the whole thing. My DVR's FF is kind of slow.

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on your new job, friend.

17. STR1

STR1 Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mexico is running all over Venezuela and looking good. We....we lost to Jamaica! Are we really that bad that we need to call on Omar Gonzales and play him? Oh boy...its going to be a long 3 years for more disappointing USMNT performances. Just hope the U20 goes all the way so we can get some kind of satisfaction and pride because once they too reach the USMNT, Omar Gonzalez, Bradley, Altidore and co. will be chosen over them.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  18. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the game now. The new uniform reminds me of my grandma's crushed red velvet sofa.

jnielsen repped this.
  19. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    Unfortunately I'm one of the idiots who paid too much money to go to this game.

First, the good:

Audi field is a nice venue, the field was great and the refreshments were very good.

Now, the bad:

Everything else. From the moment i saw the lineup, then the day-glo kit, I knew we were in trouble. The team played like they stayed up all night partying or had been stricken with plague, perhaps both. Literally the worst game I can recall seeing. A lineup that should only be used in a scrimmage, showed an utter disregard for putting something on the field that had any chance of being successful. I mean, Yuell? Gonzo? Ream? WTF?

they weren't even the worst part - the midfield was beyond horrid - it seemed like they were picking out passes to Jamaican players on purpose. How else to explain 10 yard passes under no or little pressure, straight to an opposing player? If Jamaica wasn't such garbage at finishing, we'd have given up more goals.

Honestly, i can't recall being at a US game before and hearing people boo the team. it was both sad and at the same time fully deserved. If this is how we play at the GC, we'll be in for a long summer.

I am trying to stay positive about the way the team is heading, i mean we have some high quality in the U-20s, and TA, Pulisic and WM are hopefully going to be the spine of the team at some point. Sargent, (and maybe Miazga) was the only starter that appeared to be good enough to play for the US. At least they hustled and weren't tentative like everyone else. Holmes also made things happen, it was obvious when he came into the game. Everyone else sucked horribly. I blame GGG for this travesty. Frankly, it reminded me of the Costa Rica away game from qualifying, where the entire team appeared to have lost the plot.

Anyway, TL;DR. I'm slightly drunk, highly pissed and seriously disappointed.

jnielsen, Sam Hamwich, STR1 and 3 others repped this.
  20. ReAl Football Fan

May 2, 2005
    Ogden, Ut
    That was pathetic! That's all.

21. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh don't worry, Gregg says you should just be happy that they "tried pretty hard".

This needs to be Exhibit A on how not to respond to criticism.

22. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished watching the game. The players weren't moving to the correct space, this is even playing at half speed of the U20. Sargent was ok. Holmes look looked promising. I just didn't like the movement. I suppose we are getting spoiled with the U20 group.

23. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    preach it.

jnielsen repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Good lord. One poor performance? There'll be more poor performances when I'm coach? Guy's basically telling the fan base to live with it. His bro must have a lot of clout with Cordeiro.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  25. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

His bro was able to do Klinsmann job and then get promoted after breaking legal lines.

These people just don't want to change and adapt they want to pretend that their ways from 2006 is till the way to go! the Bradley's and Arena's still leading the line.

BTW, the worst player by far on the current U-20 Team is Aboubacar Keita. he is a Gregg Berhalter Columbus crew player developed player who also went to Bruce Arena's Virginia University. That does not mean he wont be a stud a decade from now...but right now hes a terrible U-20 player and Tab is playing him based on who he was taught by, not on his current ability.