Game 6: Indy vs. FC Edmonton

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by jeffcoop, May 6, 2017.

1. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time Indy squared off against Edmonton was in the semi-final of last year's playoffs, arguably the second greatest win in Indy's history (I would put only the 4-1 win over Carolina to win the spring championship above it). But times have changed. Edmonton currently rests in last place; even then, they have accomplished something that Indy has not: they've won a game.

Indy's injury woes mount, with Smart and Speas still out, and Vukovic now out with a lacerated kidney. This past week, Indy signed players capable of playing left back and right wing, but these new additions have not spent enough time with the squad to be fully integrated yet.

A terrible forecast, combined with the terrible wether of the last ten days, has probably held down advance ticket sales. The weather, though, seems to have taken an unexpected turn for the better; hopefully, there will be a good crowd, and the stadium and field will have had a chance to dry out a bit. Despite the improved weather, this will be the first home game I miss this year.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Edmonton also had a mid-week game at Ottawa in the Canadian Championship. The Eddies lost 1-0 but I don't know what kind of lineup they used.

jeffcoop repped this.
  3. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Welp, another tie. I think they are doing this on purpose.

jeffcoop repped this.
  4. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously.