Game 4: Indy vs. SF Deltas

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by jeffcoop, Apr 22, 2017.

1. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A toothless display in the first half, and a worryingly small crowd (no doubt held down by the forecast of bad weather, though it turned out to be sunny).

2. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game I've finally caught this season, college life is hell, especially around this time.

3. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can. Not. Finish.

4. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    We might go undefeated this season, but we might also go winless also.

jeffcoop and BTL97 repped this.
  5. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad you got to see the match, but sorry the result wasn't better. Good luck getting through exams.

BTL97 repped this.
  6. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indy played decently in the last ten minutes or so, creating a number of good chances. Before that, they were pretty dismal. The passing was disjointed--the players didn't seem to understand where they were supposed to move or where their teammates were going to move, and seem incapable of accurate passes in any event. So once again, hoof an hope became the order of the day; until the final minutes, Indy's only decent chances were created by defensive mistakes, not offensive creativity. Ubi was supposed to e such a playmaker when he arrived last year, but he has continually disappointed.

So far this season has largely been what I feared going into it: we've lost our best player (Mares) and our best game-changer off the bench (Lacroix--that's assuming Smart was starting), and the rest of the aging squad has, well, aged. Neither San Francisco nor Puerto Rico looked like world-beaters, and yet Indy couldn't manage a win in four games. Sure, they didn't lose, either. But one point per game won't take you very far.

7. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Yeah, they don't really look like the same team even though the majority of the starters are back.

I do like Thompson, although he isn't on the level of Mares yet, I do think he has the potential to be just as good.