Game 33: RSL v New England. 10/18/18 - 7PM MT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Ender16

Ender16 Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Mathis volley.....

SpiffCoug and 15 to 32 repped this.
  2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remain happy Nat got out of the way of that, because he would have been injured for sure.

3. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um... excuse my ignorance... who is "We-Need-Him"?

Paleworm repped this.
  4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen, I like Luke as a glue guy with hustle, but he shouldn't be a starter and in the best scenario he's no more than a 3rd or 4th option for the midfield. His touch is AWFUL, like Rhino Robbie awful, and he put the team in repeatedly bad situations with his terrible passing last night. He makes hard, pressing breakups to force turnovers for RSL and then takes a bad first touch while the team is breaking the other way followed by a pass directly to the other team which let's them counter with everyone out of position. I can't tell you how many times that happened last night, even my roommate who knows absolutely nothing about soccer was pointing it out. Maybe it was just rust from being out so long, but that kind of play cannot be expected from a starter level player on a team that wants to contend for hardware.

acima and RSLer repped this.
  5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where I’m at too. Luke didn’t have a low pass completion rate last night because his passes were forward. He made quite a few bad lateral and back passes. He actually started the game making strong passes, but they got worse as the game progressed imo. He was fit enough to go 90, which I was glad to see...but the effects of the lay off were evident. Sunny typically covers more ground than Luke did last night. KB doesn’t, but isn’t that much off. The characteristic Luke demonstrated which a good portion of this team fails to, is tenacity. He competes for every single ball.

goobx1 repped this.
  6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was out of town. Didn't catch a single minute of this game. Which apparently sucks. But also, given Sunday, did not.

7. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Playing on the new defender Nedum's name...:)

After how bad Glad looked yesterday, I think the nickname may stick!!

goobx1 repped this.