Game 31: RSL vs Seattle Sounders. 9/23/17. 7:30pm MT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He isn't a 9 and he isn't a false 9 even like Luis. A fake 9, maybe?

15 to 32, BalanceUT and Allez RSL repped this.
  2. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I guess you have to really earn these fouls.

3. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yea, openly pulling guys down from behind is about it. I like the free flowing game but it hurts our undersized attackers more than Seattle.

4. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a true must win match, how long does Petke stay with this eleven?

5. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge Goal!

Todorojo repped this.
  6. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    There we go. Love Sava. Gotta keep him here next year.

PumaJohnny repped this.
  7. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Heavy pass from Plata or we get a second.

8. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I missed that goal. I knew I shouldn't have put the kids to bed. They'd have found someplace to sleep on their own. Probably.

jessyca, rslfanboy, Ivensor and 2 others repped this.
  9. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Yes! Now I woke the kids up yelling at this one.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should I go back to helping by daughter and her boyfriend with their senior project proposals? I've been running into the room to watch highlights. Now I am sitting here instead.

rslfanboy repped this.
  11. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My experience is that teenage girls always need supervision.

12. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome win, ******** Roldan and the rest of the Seattle bitches.

15 to 32 repped this.
  13. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love Dempsey trying to cheat a goal in. Total BS, IMO. Do players often have to request 10 when it's that close to goal? In my experience, the ref almost always goes straight to giving the 10 yards. But it's Seattle, so the ref lets it go. Fantastic save to deny it as well.

Loving this team right now. Yura who? Don't need him. Crazy to be playing as well as we have been without a true CF. Going into this game I thought we'd barely miss the playoffs. Now? I'm on the playoff train. We're getting in.

Todorojo repped this.
  14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, that was a perfect tackle from Glad on Dempsey in stoppage. Dempsey pipping that goal would have really stunk if a goal had ensued.

15. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year we limped into the playoffs, this year we are sprinting in. If we get in we could make some noise.

16. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hush.

Allez RSL repped this.
  17. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Could we have another 2009? It's still a tough spot, but we have to be the hottest team in MLS since the start of July after Toronto losing a couple.

PumaJohnny and georg repped this.
  18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Savarino now on 6 goals, 5 assists. Man do I like this player - and from all I've learned about him, this person.

15 to 32 and Todorojo repped this.
  19. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are letting them do homework instead of watching RSL soccer? Shame, shame, shame.

RSLer, The Franchise, UPinSLC and 2 others repped this.
  20. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You were in an impossible situation for a father...

El-ahrairah, Ismitje and Todorojo repped this.
  21. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the bad performances by San Jose and Dallas, there's a good chance four points is enough the rest of the way. Not a certainty, but all of the teams are about 1.33 PPG on the year and RSL has all the tiebreakers on either wins or GD.

22. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's definitely going to be an interesting finish, we need two of the three below us (FCD, Hou, and SJ) to drop points. Luckily for us we are hot and have a decent remaining schedule, the road games against LA and Col aren't horrible and we get to wrap up the season at home against KC. Meanwhile the 3 teams below us have been, at best, inconsistent and, at times, outright awful. The way FCD is playing you have to think they miss the playoffs, does Houston and SJ also struggle enough for RSL to at least tie one of them?

23. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a fun game to watch. The pace was fast the entire game. The referee let them play and find the game. No thuggery until extra time.

I thought the pace would be to our favor given the altitude. There were more whistles in the second half, but that's expected as legs tire and the desperation sets in.

I was happy for Luke. He so often skies those opportunities, but not tonight.

I'm glad Wingert didn't start. He wouldn't have lasted 30 minutes at the pace the game was played.

Glad had a great game. His dispossession of the striker early in the game was a first class play. His late stop referenced by @Ismitje was very nice too. I've almost reached the point where I am willing to declare him to be starting 11 MLS quality.

Allez RSL repped this.
  24. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The weather was brutal but it was fun to be there and witness the effort. Even in the slog guys were pressing Seattle late. I'm still ********ing cold, and I didn't dress particularly poorly.

Watching the second goal develop from the stands was beautiful. The counter had been there all day but on THIS play Seattle was completely pushed forward, only Torres was behind the midfield line on the bench side...so the cross that (Plata?) sprayed to Savarino - even if not perfect, really mattered.

We had had a number of counter-attack opportunities where the midfield didn't surge - I was really happy to see Luke rewarded for making that run...

The first goal - just one-touch brilliance. The assist from Rusnak was well weighted enough to be framed and mounted on a wall.

I'm glad my "chatter topic" anti-jinxed Rimando into some vintage saves too.

I like Petke ball (dude stood in the rain like the rest of us) and officially regret cancelling season tickets now...Lennon took a beating and he and Rusnak made several excellent exchanges - the weather was harsh. It hurt our precision more than it did Seattle's direct play. Lennon had a chest pass that was just...so good.

By contrast it was easy to note how little effort one attacker put into warmups. Horst almost lapped him about 10 times on the sideline workouts.

15 to 32, DrownedElf, Ismitje and 3 others repped this.
  25. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if anyone will even take Yura next year. He's not even trying to make a case for himself. He looks completely checked out.

What I find crazy is that SJ is even in the playoff picture at -20 GD. It's like they can somehow manage to win or draw at times, but when they lose, they must be losing big.