Game 20: RSL @ LA Galaxy, 4 July @ 8:30 PM UDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, Jul 2, 2017.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahahah, omfg

2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang I missed goal 5.

3. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plata wasn't going to ******** that one up. All the players on the bench are like "put me in coach!"

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good grief.

Every other time I've written that this season it has been us getting killed. And now, this.

5. Kratisto

Kratisto Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    So serious question, please weigh in.

Do I get a rusnak jersey with the current kit, or do i wait a year and take a chance on a better kit?

6. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I Love This!

7. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunny is busting a nut right now. I'm having fun, believe me, it's been a shit season and this feels great...but let's not let the high go to our so quickly. Want to get Silva in and see the center defense tighten up and be more physical. Just take it a game at a time, not let these things go straight to the head, but ********ing enjoy this shit because it's been a miserable season.

RSLer, Taragui, 15 to 32 and 4 others repped this.
  8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the LAG broadcast team, and they admit this is a well-deserved score (except that they know the LA goal was offside). They are pretty open in praising RSL for this, while correctly pointing out the deficiencies on display from the Galaxy all across the field.

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stott has seen enough, no stoppage time

11. pcny

pcny Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #61 pcny, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Now...that's entertainment! To be sure, the Galaxy should be handing out refunds to everyone there...but we did what we had to do in that situation. Even Plata learned from his first one v one and got into the action. Our offense tonight was "the swarming mosquitoes"...we just pestered them all night. 23 shots, with a quarter going in--I'll take that!

12. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hahaha what the ****?
    I'm glad I couldn't find an excuse to miss this one cause that was the highpoint of the year.
    When you put 6 past the galaxy there's no where to go but down

RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  13. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Someone could file an FCC obscenity complaint on Dunny for achieving, well you know, during the second half of the broadcast tonight.

RSLer repped this.
  14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to check the highlights later on when it's not insanely busy. I missed almost the entire 2nd half but did see some of the goals.

15. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, thanks Xfinity, for crapping out on me tonight of all nights. I got home from an epic firework show and anxiously turned on the TV to watch my recording only to discover the machine isn't functioning. Sigh ... What a game to miss!

RSLer repped this.
  16. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prior to this game, RSL had 17 goals in 19 games. Tonight had 26% of goals in 5% of the games. The next best game had three goals; that's 39% of goals in 10% of games. Four more games with two goals. Six more with one, but....

In 8 games (40%), RSL scored zero times. Let me do the math here... Nuthin' into nuthin', carry the nuthin'... Still nuthin'.

It's great to get back to 1.0 ppg, and even pass Minnesota and DC. But I know better than to expect something better than one goal in any match.

17. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You could watch on MLS Live and listen to the underwhelming LA broadcast team like I did. Not sure which scrubs Petke brought in to threaten the players jobs and wake them up - but it worked.

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  18. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Wait, we won?

How did that happen?

19. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Now that's what I call a fireworks show.

Good for the boys.

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got home from a BBQ right as KB put us up 2-1. I was like "can't wait to see this team screw this". Then we went up 3-1 and I was like "oh, gonna make the comeback epic for LA, are we?" Then when it was 5-1 I was like "holy shit we might win a road game".

That was fun to watch. Like UP said, don't make this into something more than it is. It was a fun game against a truly awful home team without most of their key players. I'm not going to go around thinking we have a playoff chance. I will say, however, that watching those offensive pieces click together would be something people will pay to watch.

It is very RSL, it must be said, to have that performance right before a 2 week break. Still, it was fun and a step in the right direction after so many in the other. Kudos to Petke for finding the right things in the guys to inspire that performance

RSLer and RoyalNonesuch repped this.
  21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Praise for Waibel (this is really happening, pay attention)
    Rusnak and Savarino are the type of players that this club could build around for years to come. We have Albert under a contract but will need to negotiate the transfer with Savarino. From what I've seen thus far, that should be one of the top priorities of the coming offseason. If it means you sell Plata, you sell Plata. If it means you don't bring back Nick/KB, you don't bring them back. That kid has loads of potential.

This club has pined for the days of Javi with another playmaker next to him. It's happening right in front of us. Those two are a modern Javi/Clint or Javi/Andy combo. And by modern, I want to emphasize younger and faster.

Lots of talk (rightfully) has been about getting Brooks here permanently. And I still think that is something the club should do. However, the more Savarino plays, the more and more it becomes clear this kid is something special.

RSLer, SenordrummeR2, acima and 8 others repped this.
  22. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mullholand may see a suspension for the next match based on his play at the 66:03 mark.

23. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Thank you very much! :D

RSLer, SenordrummeR2, acima and 3 others repped this.
  24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another one of those "ghost suspensions" designed to ruin your day.

25. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. I was coming home after going to a BBQ and much family-related controversy for leaving early (just like his father!) and got home just in time to see KB score on a header. Yay! But, thinking that RSL would choke the proverbial chicken and lose, I went back outside to watch the local fireworks from the school. I came back in time to see RSL up 6-1 and I hought to myself "Is this a typo???????"