Game 12 - Red Stars at Seattle Reign 6/29/13 - 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by MRAD12, Jun 28, 2013.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Red Stars go to Seattle to take on the Reign this Saturday.

Former Red Star star, Megan Rapinoe is now with the team.
    Starfire Stadium in Tukwilla is a wonderful place to play and watch a game.

I am no longer in Seattle as my company moved me back to Chicago, so unfortunately I will not be at the game. I will miss the Northwest soccer scene. However, on an occasion I hope to still go there and enjoy a soccer game or two.

Go Red Stars!

2. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

I'm looking forward to this game.

Both Chicago and Seattle were pathetic earlier in the season. But Chicago with its two German players has become dangerous. And Seattle with Rapinoe has scoring possibilities. This will be, however, 4 games for Rapinoe in 10 days -- one with WNT and three with Seattle, so we'll see how she holds up.

The Seattle strategy seems to be to have Rapinoe take shots at the goal no matter where she is on the field. Why not? Nobody else on the team is a major scroing threat. But maybe the Seattle coach has had time now to adopt a bit more of a sophisticated strategy.

Chalupny on the Red Stars is on my present all star team for the NWSL A fierce and talented player. Should be a great game.

Go Seattle!

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and she was picked up by Seattle.

5. Mangoluvs

Mangoluvs New Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Grings does nothing up front but clog up the middle and yell at players. She is too slow and can be defended very easily.

We do not have a single forward that can score. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, we got screwed by the allocation, hit by injuries and IMO just don't have enough good, professional, impact players.

As a season ticket holder I do not see the Red Stars making the playoffs this year. The teams above us just have too many good players.

In the WPS we had great talent. Rapinoe, Carney, Cristiane, etc. Much more talent then we have now.
    Emma Hayes just didn't know how to put them together as a team.

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    IMO, the Red Stars just don't have the talent to compete with the top 4 teams. Other then Chalupny, we have average talent. I like Fuss, but Grings is doing nothing up front.

Look at KC's talent. The Red Stars should have signed local talent Buczkowski from last year's team, and I still thing Mewis would have given them skill on the ball.

Well, let's hope Leon gives them some help up front, because right now, we don't have a single forward that can put the ball in the net, much less consistently.

8. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's about over as far as the playoffs go. They needed at least a point (and more likely three points) against Seattle. The good news is that 5 of their remaining 10 games are against teams below them in the standings. The bad news is that one of those teams (Seattle) is greatly improved from the start of the season, especially since they have gotten players back from injuries.

The Red Stars seem to have lost the little momentum they had when they earned 10 points in a five game span in June.

They might as well just let Leon play and see if she can give them a spark up front. Masar, Grings, Dominguez, and McDonald haven't given Chicago much offense. It's hard to believe that Chalupny has out-scored and out-assisted the four of them combined.

Making up 10 points in 10 games is going to be nearly impossible IMO.