Game 10 Saturday May 6, 2017 7:30pm Real Salt Lake v FCD Hi Javi!

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by goobx1, May 3, 2017.

1. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I guess I will start this one.

I predicted an RSL victory earlier and I'm sticking with that astute prognostication.

7-1 RSL

2. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Clearly you hit your head and have a concussion or have been drinking very, very excessively...please seek medical attention immediately.

jessyca and andyslc repped this.
  3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did, Tyson Pace cleared him to post already

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be very MLS for us to win this game. FCD is much much much better than we are. Top to bottom they know what they are doing and who they are. I fully expect to get the shit kicked out of us. And, honestly, I want Pareja to award Javi with the armband for the game just to make sure RSL knows they ********ed up.

The XI for this one will be really fun to make. Here's my guess

Colonel VanO
    Acosta Maund Wing Phillips
    Sunny Luke
    Lennon Rusnak Bofo
    Yura

Bench: Lalo, Schmidt, Dunk, KB, Silva, Hernandez, Plata

andyslc repped this.
  5. andyslc

andyslc No Longer a New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Fargo
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first home game I am missing as a STH I am going with a 2-0 loss and another verbal lashing from Dunny for being negative.

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I salute your optimism but I have to respectfully disagree.

7. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there some mention of a Javi tifo for this game?

8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there was, but it was communicated poorly and had it appeared, we'd be on the hook to display the tifo for another year or two at least

Paleworm repped this.
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally just got this in an email from RSL. Just... wow

Real Salt Lake is back at the RioT this Saturday, May 6th, for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff and you need to be there!

Former RSL icon Javier Morales returns to the RioT with his new team FC Dallas, so we're giving you the opportunity to take a little Javi home with you. For every pair of tickets you purchase to this Saturday's RSL vs. FC Dallas match, you'll receive a Javier Morales bobble head that honors his 10-years of service to our club.

10. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then there's this bit:

So buy your tickets and come early! You'll want to pick up your Javi bobble head at Carnival Real before the game, then get into the stadium to see the pre-game ceremony honoring Javi's time with RSL!

11. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    So, there weren't enough of these to give one to each STH, but...

DrownedElf and 15 to 32 repped this.
  12. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, jesus, RSL has to be the single worst sports franchise at PR in the history of sports franchises. "Please buy tickets so we can sell out, if you do you'll get a reminder of how much we ********ed up the season ticket holder gift last year AND ********ed up the Javi situation, two slaps in the face for the price of two tickets you buy to this game!"

RSLer, DrownedElf and Taragui repped this.
  13. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then what do you do with the bobble-head? Stick needles in it for every time Javi scores a goal?

15 to 32 repped this.
  14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few years ago, I went to a Philly-Montreal game in Pennsylvania; it was Amobi Okugo bobblehead day. Then they traded him after the season, which wasn't great (I thought only key members of the franchise got a bobblehead) but is probably better than trading him first, bobblehead day second.

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they were trying to give them away at the STH pickup this year soooooooooo bad. It was hilarious. I got mine and was like "who wants this?" Nobody wanted them.

16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're trying to mend the relationship with Javi with this. I get that. BUT HOLY SHIT YOU COULD DO IT DIFFERENTLY

17. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume you're predicting yellow cards, right? That's something we can easily win.

15 to 32 repped this.
  18. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    MLS 2017 Chapter 10 - The Revenge of the Javi

3-1 FCD...with ol' Javi getting a brace to ice RSL in the first half.

stucknutah repped this.
  19. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL decides to take out it's frustrations on FCD and wins 3-0. Goals by Yura, Lennon and an own goal by Javi.

20. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is on 5/6. 5+6 = 11. Javi is #11. Javi scores in the 11th minute from 11 yards out. Ultimately we score 2 goals to bring us to 11 on the season, winning this one to give us 11 points on the year. Shame this isn't game 11.

KendaReal, UPinSLC and Ismitje repped this.
  21. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that Javi gets the start and plays about 60 so that he can be pulled to get the standing ovation that he deserves.

goobx1 repped this.
  22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or comes off the bench and gets it.
    One thing is for certain, though, having a pregame thing all about a player on the other team that said some really bad things about the club is going to be awkward as ********.

RSLer repped this.
  23. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I don't think it will be that awkward myself.

Now that Cassar is gone, whom I believe was the main instigator of the Javi saga, the club probably wants to make amends in any way possible even if it's a small gesture like giving away bobble heads that no one wants.

I hope that no matter when Javi enters or leaves the match the reception from the fans should be like no other they have given to any other RSL player at any time. My hopes is that the reception, cheers, noise, whatever is as uncomfortably long as possible.

Screwing over Javi was not acceptable and I think the fans in attendance should let the front office know in no uncertain terms that Javier Morales is beloved.

I'm looking forward to being there myself.

RSLer repped this.
  24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed. A good old fashioned "JAVI!!! JAVI!!! JAVI!!!" chant as he's next to the fourth official waiting to check-in would be awesome - like when Sabo came on and scored that goal on his first touch after injury type thing.

I will say this without any doubt in my mind - if he scores I'm cheering like it's an RSL goal

DrownedElf and RSLer repped this.
  25. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I will just point out that we really still have no idea as to what really transpired between Javier and the RSL FO. RSL, rightly, has not come out and stated exactly what happened from their point of view. What Javier did, in the heat and anger of the moment to tell his side of the story to the fandom here, was pretty unprofessional. Had RSL countered, that would have been even worse.

Fact is, we all agreed that Morales wasn't able to be a full time 90 minute starter anymore, and many on here were saying we needed to push him to the bench. Morales though might have expected to continue starting, and was unwilling to play a backup role, or take the pay cut being offered. Morales then goes out as a Free Agent, and realizes that the the market for him as a full time starter isn't there, see's that he's burned the RSL bridge and finds Dallas as a solid alternative where he can make a good paycheck and get playing time due to their starting playmaker being hurt the first half of the year.

Maybe RSL didn't do a lot to send him off the right way, but they might have held out hope he would resign with them still after seeing the market place for him. When he went to Dallas, the door had closed.

I am not saying that RSL's Front Office is perfect, as we can see they aren't. But I think this "screwing over Morales" commentary being overplayed with very limited information or evidence as to what happened. We are letting our love of a great historic figure of our franchise cloud our rational judgement of the situation.

That being said, the guy deserves a very loud cheer at some point in the match. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if he tries too hard in trying to show up Rusnak. Will be interesting to watch.

RSLer, The Franchise, Allez RSL and 2 others repped this.