Gambling thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Emperor Adriano, May 20, 2013.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not a huge gambler but if i see a lock i'll bet it or at least point it out. I'll post a few "locks" every week. I usually like to target the Brasileirao, libertadores, conembol qualifiers, concacaf qualifiers and the nfl.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bold notes the winner and the odds I am getting. So if nothing is bold i would be betting a draw with the odds that are listed. Home team will be listed first
    Fluminense( 8/15) x Olimpia
    Criciuma (8/11) x Bahia
    I am really tempted to take Sport Recife at (7/10) over Abc in the Copa Brasil Also Botofogo is getting terrific odds (23/10) for a draw against Corinthians, I wouldn't say either of these two are even close to locks though.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I haven't really done anything on the gambling scene. Speaking of that, you gave me a bit of an idea....Hmmmm

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    me neither until the State championships this year. Odds in south America are way more friendly than European odds. The odds were just to easy not to bet lol. Last year I started betting the redskins after the 3-6 start and the rest was history. I took a bad beat on Fluminense though very lame way to start the thread.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bad move on Sport too. You need to stay away from them. They are a mess at the moment.

Fluminense is always a risk. People wanted Abel to be the Selecao coach, yet he's almost as pragmatic as Muricy. Fluminense's success last year can be summed up by two things: 1) Fred's timely goals and 2) Cavalieri's big saves. Yes, they have talent, but they never really truly played up to it. And I thought Thiago Neves was back and he's wasn't even on the bench last night. I'm not sure who's worse, Deco or Valdivia.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea sport I thankfully stayed away from last minute , I don't think I will bet botofogo to draw either both were hunches. You are right about Fluminense I felt cheated that they won the title last year.

7. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Two years ago I rode LSU heavy from from the first game. I did not bet the championship. Because of that I went out on top and haven't placed a real bet since, as I feel like I got those fvckers.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol I never trust LSU in the big game...(don't read this, Catracho_Azul :D)

9. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So I went 1 for 2 and actually came out ahead. I will start posting the dollar amounts for proof of this in future weeks.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sao Paulo(4/7) x Vasco Bet 150, return 235

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why would anyone bet on a friendly? I mean I'm not one to talk because i almost placed a bet on a Copa Brasil match involving Sport Recife, but god dam. Also yesterday I truly believed the Vitoria game against Vasco was fixed lol. I look at the odds everyday leading up to the matches and there was some unusual movement to say the least.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think i'll bet Flamengo over Nautico nothing official yet. Flamengo is getting 4/7 odds to win which I normally would pounce on early in the week but Flamengo not having a real home stadium is scaring me.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If we can't win, we are in some trouble and I'd expect Jorginho to start feeling the heat from upstairs.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Belgium(8/13) x Serbia bet 100 return 162
    Jamaica x Usa (draw 12/5) Bet 100 return 340

15. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yea I watched Nautico x Portuguesa 2nd half and the only good player I noticed on Nautico was Rogerio. Where are Flamengo playing this game? Never thought I'd say this but i miss the engenhao lol.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Florianopolis...lol. We play Criciuma next round, so that's why we are playing there. The travel will be minimal.

After the Confed's Cup, Maracana will be free to use for Fla, according to Rio's sport minister...

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No wonder the odds were so favorable

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Me waiting an extra day to place the Flamengo bet will cost me if i win but oh well.
    Flamengo (8/15) x Nautico bet 150 return 230

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ******** you Flamengo lol, should of known

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Guigs You say you bet matches?

21. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I bet MLB, football I usually bet when I think there's a return, mostly underdogs which I feel have a chance. And I must admit I bet Brazil in 2006 and 2010 WCs ... no return there =( and lost lots of money, especially in 2010 where I htought there was no way an European team would win outside of Europe. Thanks Spain and Melo.

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never understood people who gamble Mlb. Do you win? Nfl is my favorite and I made a killing this year, but I could never see someone making profit on Mlb or Nba. And yea betting Barcelona, Real madrid, Brazil and Spain are all wastes of time because the odds are so skewed.

23. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    MLB you make money because you can make tons of small bets based on pitching matchups (that's the secret for betting baseball). So in a week you can place enough bets based straight on high odds to make winnings. NFL is the one that scares me the most... because from monday to gameday so much can happen with injuries that the line changes too much. And football is just a caixinha de supresas.. I would NEVER bet on a league game, no way. It's like Vasco beating Alt. MG.. I would have bet Atletico and would have been pissed off at my own team.. so I stay away from that.

24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Oh and the only time I bet on my team is on the WC, I never bet on the Marlins, takes the fun away from the actual game. My fantasy teams are filled with marlins players hahaahaha.. yeah I don't do very well in fantasy.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ninguém merece....

I hope you like basketball because at least you have a good team to cheer for. :p