Future USWNT Players in Upcoming Cycle (2015-2019)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FC Radar USA, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sarah Hagen should replace Abby.

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If I were looking for a target player Id bring in Yanez as well.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is Sarah a good Targetwoman? She has the pace and height, but not sure her skill on controlling the ball and make chance for the others.

4. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Well in Foudy's defense (I think) if Horan had microfracture last winter, then she should either be ready or washed up by qualifying. Last I knew anyway, it took about a year if it was going to work at all; and it was still working no better than half the time.

While if LeRoux had any sort of real knee work recently it might well take quite a bit longer to get back to full speed, even though it would be much more likely to be successful...

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

6. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Okay. What I said is less true for an ankle (blush), but still may be true... there's strength and range of movement to be recovered, usually.

Microfracture is still pretty much a crapshoot IIUC (except that it apparently is almost a kiss of career death for offensive linemen) but if it works at all it seems to be about a year out, no more.

But of course my medical degree is from ESPN...

kolabear repped this.
  7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    She can hold up the ball and connect passes back out. She did it at BM.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Leroux should have had that thumb situation handled at the same time. That must be annoying when she tries to eat :)

9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then she would be a very good addition to the team.

10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to many, so were the Stanford mathematicians who developed the basics for the NCAA's Rating Percentage Index. Maybe she took classes from them, that would explain it.

(Cliveworshipper and kolabear, I am expecting you will rep me for this post.)

11. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Somehow I'm expecting Melissa Henderson to enter this picture and drop an elbow on that leg.
    "This is for taking my man, you kangaroo"

[​IMG]

12. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all the talk about the US needing more technically skilled players with soccer sophistication, I haven't seen anyone suggest Sinead Farrelly for the NT. I've watched a lot of NT and NWSL games, and Farrelly is one of the most technically skilled, sophisticated, good ball distributing players I've seen. She isn't a wizard like Heath, but her speed of play as a distributor is better. The more I see her, the more I appreciate the way she plays.

Tsunami repped this.
  13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    When Riley gets the NT job, Farrelly and Vero will start :rolleyes:

kolabear repped this.
  14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Done.

kolabear repped this.
  15. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    really like this player. not sure she's nt material, but she gets my attention when i watch the thorns play.

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    I'm not saying this to weigh in on Horan.

When Wambach was young, she had decent speed, good athleticism. She was far far from the boxsitter she is now. I had to be reminded - I saw old clips somewhere and was like, "wow, Wambo could move"

18. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011

19. brjohnson

brjohnson Member

May 30, 2015
    indiana
    i've kept watching and my opinion hasnt changed. still looks much more like a wing than a forward.

20. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    2014 Farrelly was mediocre. I couldn't understand why she was an automatic starter (except that Riley is coach and he loves her). 2015 Farrelly is another story. She's having a really good season. Sadly she might become part of the overlooked generation along with Freels, Nairn, Winters, etc. All about the same age, all skilled midfielders, no love from the WNT.

21. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    more like we were set at the position in the mind of elllis. now that holiday is retired, we'll see who gets some love - and i'm talking past the olympics which is only 18.

22. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Anyone know if former Bruin Ally Courtnall has given up soccer? I know it's been awhile since she was with the US U-17's. But speedy defenders are nice to have around.

23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on her Instagram page (@allycourtnall), I'd say she is out of the sport. She posted this on her feed:
    [​IMG]

That one sport I used to play. #tbt

Most of her IG page is modeling shots and photos of her boyfriend, Eric Kendricks of the Vikings. I'd say she has moved on (she quit the sport in college for a couple of years, so it's possibly predictable).

Calci0 repped this.
  24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I had the impression she was concentrating on making the Canadian Olympic track team.

Calci0 repped this.
  25. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Ally Courtnall would have been the best outside back to ever play for the USWNT, if she would have dedicated herself 110% to soccer. She was one of the best ever to play in the Pac 12, and that was from just "winging it" (she actually only gave < 60% passion to the sport). Unfortunately Courtnall did not love the game.

Very athletic, but very stubborn girl.
    Running after a ball or toward goal is a lot more fun than running on a track.