Future Residents of Manchester... The Arsenal Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ThreeUpTop, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeUpTop

ThreeUpTop Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Valley Forge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sahin? M'Vila? Wanyama? Ki Sung-Yueng?

The possibilities are endless.

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Having seen Ki Sung-Yueng play a few times, I liked what I saw. A bit like Song in a way. Also liked Celtic's Israeli player Biram Kayal who plays in a similar role.

3. ThreeUpTop

ThreeUpTop Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Valley Forge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I saw Celtic a few times last year but wasn't watching that closely. You say Ki is like Song... How so? I don't remember seeing him as much of a physical presence or a ball winner, more of a holding midfielder. Like I said, I wasn't watching that closely and my memory may be off.

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Works his arse off, all over the place, passes the ball well. Gets stuck in a bit. Can adjust to the Prem with ease.

This is just my opinion when I have seen him and Kayal(who I think is similar) play.

5. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    I predict Nuri Sahin sign to the Arsenal next monday.:thumbsup:

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    alou diarra!

7. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gesundheit

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Honestly, his defense and tracking were his weakpoints. But that was prior to his move to Celtic. He's improved mounds since his 1st season there. He's a lot more aggressive and physical than people now give him credit for. He's a big boy and is not passive. As said earlier, his main sticking point is the deep playmaker so I can see the Song comparison in that sense. The ball sticks to his feet which allows him to command well up top. His long-range passing is incredibly consistent and accurate and he's fully capable of scoring goals from 25m out. Many of his goals were from outside the box. His corners are quality as are his set pieces. He can go either foot, his right being gold.

A lot of the Celtic fans like to give him stick for going MIA in big matches (Celtic Rangers basically lol) but he always been reliable for the national team. His games this Olympics have been really solid, hence why he's getting the love now.

9. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't really use SPL as a good judge of a player's skill.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sure you can. If you can survive up there, you can handle Hackers United(Stoke, Sunderland).

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    so has berbatov basically pulled an "owen" and retired?

12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    man if thats true thats pretty tragic in my eyes....dude just didn't fit in their system. he clearly had the talent. if true, what a waste.

13. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    berba is almost as talented as RVP. he would be a legend at most top clubs had he stayed in one place.

wonder, if this works out in the same way -- RVP on the bench at ManU, coming back from injury, can't get into the team, and then being sold 3 years later for a packet of crisps and a chicken sandwich.

14. uncleo

uncleo Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Downingtown, pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it the 18th yet?

15. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And give up a 100k a week contract? Not likely.

16. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly would not mind Berba. Experienced, does not mind being on the bench, actually good, does not play internationally anymore. See no reason why not.

I think 15-20 million + Berba would be reasonable for a 29 year old van Persie who is made of glass which was personally made in Alexandria, Egypt.

charlie15 repped this.
  17. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    by retired, i mean sitting on the end of the bench (a la mike owen)

18. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    First step: Group them together and then dump em'

[​IMG]

19. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh. DJ is still useful as a 4th choice. Anyone who disagree's, I dare them to find better 4th choices at other clubs. Abou from what I have seen in pre-season seems like a good player to keep. Chamakh I am still deciding.

charlie15 repped this.
  20. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I've been thoroughly unimpressed at Djourou when I have seen him play. Looks better at RB than at CB. For me, Real Madrid, United, and Chelsea all unquestionably have a superior 4th choice CB than Djourou, and there are some other clubs that come into the mix that one could argue have a roughly equivalent 4th CB.

That is not to say I agree with the suggestion of selling him, because I agree with you that he is a useful 4th choice CB for Arsenal and can play a little RB.

21. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No. Just no.

meyers, katsimbris and MilesW repped this.
  22. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    That's more of a statement at how bad I think he's been at CB rather than him being good at RB. He isn't impressive at either one, rather just a useful backup.

23. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someones forgetting that nice run of 2010-11 before injury. Plus looking at his pre-season performance I think he has earned 4th choice. Miquel needs time on loan. Bartley I am impressed with but I need to watch him more.

24. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Miquel I think will overtake Djourou maybe after about 2-3 years but right now Djourou is better.

25. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I do remember that decent run he had, but a single stretch of games in good form does not trump the far greater number of games where he has been appallingly bad. Again, I agree that he's decent as a 4th choice.