Future of soccer in FL and MLS

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If somebody, maybe Claure, comes back with a bid that includes the full expansion fee and no gripes about paying it, and a SSS plan from day one, Miami will get a team. Whether or not that's for 2012, who knows.

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would rather see a successful Miami FC with a SSS and deep pockets, then go for MLS, who knows by that time MLS will have a second division

3. Jonathan Cid

Jonathan Cid New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    I agree. We're wasting our time by scrambling for MLS while the FC needs our help and total commitment. MLS doesn't care guys - they're doing well-enough without us... they don't "need" us, and we don't have anything special to offer them. We don't have a club yet with a long history of support, or those deep-pocketed and committed owners.

I think the hope for soccer in Florida will rest with the Miami FC, the Rowdies, and Orlando acting as successful clubs in USL until the time when we have a single major league with various divisions and such that would encompass all of American professional soccer. But under the current system? We have nothing to offer them. That's why we were turned down, and that's what will keep us down for God knows how long.

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also noticed that on this website bigsoccer, their are a lot of MLSnobs, so that's why I get most of my USL info from: USLdiscussions.com

5. danKohner

danKohner Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Section 139
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will say this the MLS needs not to walk away from Florida, but run as fast as they can. They tried their hand in Florida not once but twice with Tampa and Miami and got burned twice. Lets not make it a third time.

6. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Twice what are talking about. Miami will have MLS in a few years.

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question is, if Miami FC was to have big pockets in the future and a successful team, and then MLS decides to make a MLS based team... who would you go for? Pride is what makes soccer so great. from the begining of the MLS Barca, I didn't like the thought of having an MLS team that much... USL seems to have more interests in the world soccer than MLS's my way or the highway typr american soccer. i just found out recently that the USL final is now two-legged!!! Thats great im glad the USL is doing things to better itself, that mean double the final double the profit, I have no idea why MLS has only one legged finals thats so wack... GO USL, MIAMI FC!!!

8. jiggerjake

jiggerjake New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    pretty sure the champions league final is only one leg, how whack.

9. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS did not fail in Florida for lack of fans. (If that were truly the reason, Kansas City and San Jose would not have teams.)

Tampa Bay's ownership group went insolvent. Miami wasn't having those problems; in fact, they were one of the best teams in 2001, with the Supporters' Shield and improving attendance. But MLS got scared and folded the team anyway, not wanting Tampa Bay to happen twice even though there was zero evidence the same fate awaited Miami.

Get solvent owners and Florida can support soccer. We can support two or three MLS teams if we had the ownership groups willing (and, more importantly, able) to make the investment.

10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true, which bring me to my next point, Why is San Jose back in the league after they freaking relocated, I think Miami should have been given another chance not San Jose... Miami needs another shot at MLS especially with things to look forward to, like playing against Beckham and Montero, and also qualifying for CoNCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have a good point, but look at Seattle, Vancouver and Portland, these are fans that care about USL and second division soccer, when Miami gets a fanbase of around 5,000 to Miami FC then MLS will be more of a reality.

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well yea because those are cities like yours that have nothing to do in their boring ass cities!!! Im tired of you (Negative man) with the N on your chest...

Whatever, point is though that with the right, ownership and direction they can get big. THEY WILL GET BIG.

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boring cities...have you been to channelside, Ybor city or hyde park in Tampa, have you ever traveled north of Florida in your life?

I'm posting the truth 380 fans at FIU, did I make up those numbers ghetto punk.

That's right Miami doesn't have enough soccer fans because all they care about is the nightlife.

So while I will be going to soccer games in Tampa, you could go clubbing in your "cool" city and watching soccer on tv.

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ghetto Punk?? What the ******** is that suppose to mean?!?! You better watch yourself whitestar I aint playing around... i have had it with your sorry ass attitude, hell yeah I been all over this world man, and tampa been there plenty of times my friend, and you'd be surprise where I live in Miami... How dare you call me a ghetto punk?

Anyways why don't you do us all a favor and don't write in this forum anymore, go to your little sorry ass tampa forum who is waiting for a team in the USL which ain't even going to exist, then who is the one with a team and going to soccer games, oh yea might I add when im drunk at a soccer game here with a miami MLS team, after the game ill go out clubbing and have a nightlife, jaja unlike you who is going to be left with nothing because USL going down the toilet, where all your shit talking goes...

Alright man.. go back to Russia, or where your garbage ass team is from, that shit looks like a sailor moon crest LMAO...sorry ass tampa boy...your city is also known for old folks homes right or better yet only old folks live over there... ima just leave you alone, and you need to stop writing... oh yea you going to issue a warning like you did last year.. lol your whack man get outta here..

15. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude you are crazy and in denial,

Miami is not all that bad ass like you think. why do you think rich people are moving out of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale?

because their is a lot of crime...and because of immigrants like you who give FL a bad name.

So give was this soccer year a success in Miami? because if all you got is talking about is what's going on at clubs and what's the new fad in Miami, it has nothing to do with soccer.

Also latinos like you who can't act civilised demean the soccer culture in FL, no wonder only 380 people showed up at soccer games. If I had gouchos around me like you I would never go to a soccer game again.

16. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Closed.

Quit the name calling and take it to rivalries.