Future Argentina Stars

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by cordobesenUS, May 15, 2006.

1. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Speaking of future stars, what about Damian Lizio (River)? Simeone dont let him play? Not ready yet?

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I got a bit excited when I found Gerardo Bruna placed in the 10th spot in a list of the world's top 50 future prospects. I was not familiar with the 16 year old, but seeing how he was Argentine, I decided to do some research.

I discovered that he is regarded in Europe as a huge prospect. He began in Real Madrid and was one of the stars of the youth team (often compared to Messi), though Liverpool managed to snatch him up in 2007. Since then, he had a great season with the team's reserves and even managed to train with the first team several times.

Unfortunately, it seems as if he's going on the wrong road:

In other words, he has started playing for Spain's youth teams. Now, nobody guarantees that he'll be a fantastic player, but one must remember that Messi was also in a very similar situation a few years ago (huge prospect in a big European club; offered an opportunity to play for Spain) and just imagine what it would be like if he played for another country. :eek:

Damn Europeans.. first they snatch our players from our clubs, now they want to take them from out NT. Forestieri, Cvitanich, Bruna, etc.. the list keeps on growing.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That list is a joke. Aguero should easily be #1. LOL @ Dos Santos and the rest ahead of him. Banega at 50 :rolleyes:.

4. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Look at the start date, this is before Aguero had his break out season. Looking at the list, it doesn't look right by today`s standards. These lists don't mean shit anyway, not like someone who can be compared with a couple of pro seasons under his belt.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I wasn't really trying to emphasize on the list, but rather just stating where I originally found Gerardo Bruna. After finding out that he had a great spell at Real Madrid and Liverpool's youth teams, as well as making appearances on Spain's youth teams, I think he should at least end up being a decent player. Anyway, since he decided to opt for the Spaniards, let's hope he ends up being the next Victor Zapata. :D

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That was after the U-20 WC. Based on that alone Aguero should have been #1. Either way Aguero was a star before his break out season with Atletico Madrid and he easily deserved mention ahead of those players. Pato is ahead of him and that was before the went to Milan and he did much less with Internacional than Aguero did with Independiente. The same applies to most of the other players before him on there.

And going by what they had done up to that point Banega should have been way closer to the top after winning the Libertadores with Boca and being a stand out in the U-20 WC.