Future Argentina Stars

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by cordobesenUS, May 15, 2006.

1. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    For the next world cup I think Gago, Aguero, Messi, Ustari and Palacio will be called for sure. There are a lot good players coming up the ranks.

2. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we shall see.... many would have said Zannetti, D'Alessandro, and Solari would have been in 2006 but are NOT!

3. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, there may also be some new revelations. Are you following the Toulon Sub 17 world championship? There are a few excellent players there as well.

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    bsas,

Anyone in particular for the Argentina under 17's who has caught the eye?

5. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    it is too early to be sure that certain players will make the squad in 2010. if on-form Demischeles and Zanetti can't make it to the WC, everyone can miss next WC if some stupid coach takes charge of the NT.

6. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't remember the names, but 2-3 were pretty good. They had an impressive first half against Portugal (who also have a good team) then slowed down a bit. They finally tied, while being 1 less for 15 minutes (double yellow, a bit harsh imho).

I'll of course follow any further matches and let you know.

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    bsas,

Cheers, please keep me updated.

ILF,

Argentina can have all the stars in the world, but if you have an idiot manager who prefers to pick the likes of Scaloni and Coco then you still ain't gonna win anything.:(

8. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    How do you rate Lucas Biglia, who has signed for Anderlecht?

9. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

id give him a 8 out of 10 i think he'd be the next Cambiasso!

by the way dont forget about Ereros, Zarate, Cavenaghi for the next world cup no Sorin, but Clemente, no Zanetti, but Ferrari, no Ayala, but Gonzalo, no Riquelme , but Leonardo Gracian :>:>:>:>:>

10. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In Toulon, the Argie squad did not make it. They won 2-0 against Czech Republic, but paid their defeat against China (0-1), as in the other match Portugal and China tied (0-0).

As far as players are concerned, I could not see their 2nd match, but in this one there was one player who seems very promising: Maxi Morales.

11. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    you can add tevez and mascherano to your for sure list.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maxi Morales looked very, very good, worth keeping an eye on him in the future.

13. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Messi no doubt :)

Also Aguero and Ferrari

14. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    This was a U-21 tournament. Technically, it is like the U-21 Confederations Cup. But no African rep.

This means that Argentina could had taken the same team that won the YWC last year, but decided not to take any of them. In fact many of the players are 2 and 3 years younger.

The team was alright. Racing's Morales had a descent spell. The star would probably had been Mauro Zarate, the younger of the brothers at Velez, but he got injured in the first game against Portugal.

Another player to watch is captain Cahais, who scored the 2nd today and plays at Boca. He is ordered and has pretty good timing. And coming off the bench in the 2nd game, I was impressed with Sebastian Battaglia (cousin of Boca's captain) who also plays at Boca.

Negative part is that in the first 2 games the team received 3 reds. They need to keep it cool, specially when behind in the score as against China.

PS: Also no River players in this squad.

15. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    my personal Favorite youngsters!

Carizzo, Barbosa, Ustari

Broggi, Palleta, Botinelli, Garay, Bianchi, Pallerano, Zabaleta

Torres, Gago, Biglia, Lima, Montillo, Gracian, Ocampo, Moralez

Aguero, Zarate, Higuain, Lavezzi, Steinert

16. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    Leon, who would you pick in the current squad instead of Coloccini? I know its a completely irelevant post on this thread, but dont you think you are going on and on about the same thing in about 500 diff threads? :)

17. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Yes Steinert, Zabaleta, Higuain, Aguero and there was a player in the under 21 called Caraccio, a right wing player, very good, agile. The thing I notice about this new kids is that they have guts and run their arses off, when they go down they get up and don't complain, and keep playing, there hardly is any crying or whinning something that most argentine players are known for, this new kids are more genuine and I hope they always stay that way.:) the future looks very bright.

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shaf,

I would pick my 3 year old nephew instead of Colo, he is quicker and has better discipline. :D :D :D

19. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Un Palacio lleno de gol

El delantero de Boca convirtió tres de los cuatro tantos que los mayores hicieron 'todos en el segundo tiempo' ante los pibes del Sub 20.

Link To Original Article

20. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Yeah man, thats a great sign, I knew Palacios had what it takes. :)

21. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Gago, en la mira Real

Boca lo cotizaría en 20 millones de dólares. Basile, irónico, dijo que el jugador "vale 50 millones de euros".

Link To Original Article

22. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] <b>Higuaín:</b> "Sería un sueño ganar la Copa con River"

"Tengo que estar bien de la cabeza y seguir haciendo las cosas como hasta ahora", admite, con la mira fija en el choque del 18 con Libertad.

Link To Original Article

23. botch

botch New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Barca/Melbourne/B.A
    Riquelme will only be 32 at the next world cup. Hopefully he stays on and he would probably captain the team.

If not no doubt Messi(barring death or a ronaldo style injury) will be wearing the number 10 and captaining the side.

Argentina needs another Hernan Crespo.

24. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I doubt your nephew could defend the way Colo did... :rolleyes:

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+