Futbol on Nuestra Tele (DirecTV)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by danielmak, May 31, 2016.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I've been having problems with Nuestra Tele on DirecTV for about 6-8 months, where the image pulses and flickers form time to time. The problems only occur during football matches and only from game action. So, there aren't any problems during other broadcasts and there aren't problems during pre-game or half-time studio shows, although there are problems if announcers are doing pre-game/half-time from the stadium. I have contacted DirecTV multiple times. They finally sent out a tech not believing me that the problem was with the broadcast not my equipment. The tech set his DVR and called me to report the exact same problem.

So, I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with DirecTV in general or if this is something that is only happening in the Chicago area. The problem is not my receiver or dish. Can someone (or multiple folks) let me know if you are having the same problems.

FYI, if you want to see the issue, here is a link for a short sample. You can test the sample with VLC. The recording shows the worst I have seen but the general problem is representative of what happens every week. Thanks.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I haven't noticed anything on Dish Network. I will keep an eye out for it though. It has been a while since
    I have watched a whole match on RCN. It is mostly in the background while I do something else.

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I missed your post and am just seeing it now.

Did you notice anything? It seems that the problems are much worse for games played in Medellin, which is odd. But other games have the same problem but not as often or as bad. So, normally the problems happen every 5-7 minutes (flicker every 10 seconds for about a minute and then go away for 5-7 minutes). But these games in Medellin seem to be more regular.

FYI, the problems only seem to happen on wide shots.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sorry, I have been so busy watching the Euros and Copa America I have not seen much of the Colombian Championship.