Futbol de HONDURAS, news & comments- part III

Discussion in 'Central America' started by jcvf90, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YanksCatrachos23

YanksCatrachos23 New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    this uncaf cup, you guys think itll be a honduras 3 game sweep this and next week?

2. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    XD this shit is funny.... holy crap, Honduras is practicing...

3. YanksCatrachos23

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol i noticed that. they dont really seem to be trying! how did amado miss that first penalty kick!

4. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    the 2nd. PK was identical to to the first one...

5. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I realize it is difficult to motivate against Belize, but this is ridiculous...Honduras is lacking focus. In the 2nd half, Noel conceding the corner and Walter sending the ball out of the stadium with a wide open goal...good thing it is only Belize. Reuda needs to wake them up.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    like RCEVEDA said it just belize no need to b serious which his right.
    GOL!! PERY!!!

7. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    emil is getting lots of beatings! :mad:

8. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That's true complacency is good...it's done wonders historically. j/k

Like I said, I realize it is Belize...but it would be nice to see them sharp. They don't need to win by a landslide, but they do need to play with fewer errors. They've been together almost 3 weeks, they should look sharp. imo

9. YanksCatrachos23

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    your right, they havent looked crisp tonight. but at least we know they can score against weaker teams w/out trying.

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    gol!!!!!!!!!!!
    Belize!!!!!!!

11. YanksCatrachos23

Jan 22, 2009
    Bronx, New York
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i dont believe this. thats what happens when you play lazy.

12. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    they did against chile:D

13. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    they scored...XD... how cute...

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    who cares??!! just laugh!!!! LOL

15. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lets hope this builds Belice's confidence....

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    nice shot be danilo

17. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    BRAVO AMADO

jackass

18. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    XD... ROFLFAO..... AMADO GOES BYE-BYE:p

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    PENDEJO!!! lol

but belize where diving left and right all night:mad:

20. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Embarrassing last night, I expected it though. That game against Chile got us thinking we were better than argentina lol. That is the reason we will never become a perennial power in Concacaf, because we have a hard time beating belize, BTW they played with alot of heart and lots of props to them.
    I figured maybe Rueda read too much nasralla and thought maybe lets play bad so that we dont show off.
    Amado did not deserve the Red, The ref had a horrible call, but the pk he missed is inexcusable, WTF, estaba sobrado se creia maradona, y le pego como madridista.
    Carlos Will > Pery.

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i dnt this first game was a joke really like rceveda said they didnt even take it serious there playing like they were training and its belize why play to our fullest??

23. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I cannot understand this logic at all. I agree that some players did not take the game too seriously, but a bad showing should not be acceptable to anyone. If they keep playing lazy and without effort, this will become the normal performance...not the exception.

These guys are professionals, if they can't take their profession seriously on a day-to-day basis then you have a problem. Moreover, the team consisted largely of players that are NOT 1st team players. The players should have been giving everything so they could earn a start in a WC qualifier.

I am not upset by their performance last night, just disappointed. After three weeks of playing together, I expected sharp passing and good chemistry.

24. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Overall the game was very poor quality, but we have to consider this:

1- Its the first game of the tournament for Honduras.

2-Rival although should not be disrespected really does not motivate or bring any positive aspects to actually playing the game. You could see that the players were more worried about getting hurt then actually playing.

3-An entire team defending does not help create an entertaining game.

4- Some positives can be taken from this. Emil will be a extremely valuable option in the midfield and Pavon should be our 4th alternative no matter what.

5- Tegucigalpa supported the team the entire game, yet after the second goal you could see the lack of hunger of the team to go forward, that is what disturbed me and I imagine all the people that went to the stadium. Although they overdid their method to disapprove the score and lack of motivation they did need to vocalize in some way their disapproval.

6- Vs Nicaragua I expect some changes since they will want to rest some players and they will want to prove themselves which will provide a better showing.

7. Why is everyone making such a big deal, besides winning this game does not provide anything special if we beat them by 1 or 5. In our current group goal differential should not be something Honduras should worry about as long as we win all 3 games.

8. Honduras preforms better under pressure, don't ask me why, it just happens that way. Now that they were booed expect more their pride is hurt and I think its something healthy because we all expect 100% on every game not 50% just because the team is easy.

I honestly believe Honduras will win, yet I still expect some surprises from the other group.

Lets forget about this and just keep going that the wins are what count the most. To fifa Rankin beating Belize by 1 or 10 makes no difference.

25. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    You are correct...this is just one game and they still have the opportunity to show quality and improvement in certain areas (like defending set pieces).

I don't think most people are making a big deal out of it...but you always should expect quality out of your side...if not your expectations are a bit low.

Although three wins is a sign of success, this tournament is not the ultimate goal...WC qualification is. The quality demonstrated in this tournament is important because it is an opportunity for players fighting for a spot in WC qualifying games to (1) get playing time, (2) fight for a starting role and (3) carry momentum and chemistry into CR game.

I agree winning is the most important thing for this tournament, though I could careless about FIFA's ranking.

Onwards and upwards...I am eager to see the improvements Rueda will make.