Full of Bologna: Giuseppe Rossi back in Série A

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by sidefootsitter, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Where's he getting the 18 month prognosis from? Here's the official statement from Fiorentina:

Giuseppe Rossi has been examined by prof. Richard Steadman at his clinic in Vail, Colorado. The examination confirmed a medial collateral ligament tear, with some damage to the anterior cruciate ligament previously operated on. The striker will follow a rehabilitation programme for two or three weeks before having another check-up.

http://en.violachannel.tv/breaking-...update-after-medical-examination-in-vail.html

2. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, how the hell does he come up with 18 months? A full knee reconstruction doesn't take 18 months to heal without some sort of setback, and there's no way he could predict one unless he's psychic.

3. INKRO

INKRO Member+

Jul 28, 2011
    Yeah I don't know how you can get 18 months out of that either.

4. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    What a drag for Rossi. "Stress" to a reconstructed ACL could be fairly serious, or not. Very hard to tell.

7. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Matri scored twice in his Fiorentina debut this weekend as they won 3-0 at Catania.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like he is going to be up on his feet without surgery:

Following a second visit to Dr. Richard Steadman in Colorado, Rossi revealed to the world through his agent that he would not have to undergo surgery for a third time on his injured knee. The diminutive American-born forward only returned to the field last May after overcoming two torn anterior cruciate ligament injuries.

Fiorentina confirmed the news and said that Rossi, who would likely make the Italy World Cup squad if healthy, will continue rehabbing the injury for the next two months before he can return to the field.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/01/wednesday-evening-liverpool.html

9. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 months puts us at the end of march. can he do it?!

10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Injured Italy forward Rossi 'making good progress'
    http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4016...ured-italy-forward-rossi-making-good-progress

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  11. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything to lesson Osvaldo's chances of making the world cup roster is okay by me though I think Cassano is more likely at the moment, even if Rossi's rehab shape is still better than Cassano's game shape.

It is hard to see him give shout outs to Clinton on Twitter and call it his home town and then see him lace up for gli Azzurri.

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Balotelli is a lock. But who else? Is that rumor of Totti still going around? Gilardino? Totti?

14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totti isn't coming. His legs can't handle even more abuse. That was a big part of him retiring from the national team back in 06.

Balo is the only sure choice. Rossi is a sure thing if healthy. After that there's Osvaldo, Immobile, and Destro who all could go either way as pure strikers. Then there's the creative types like Cassano, Cerci, and Diamanti.

15. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still hope he never gets to play in a World Cup.

16. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    That's just cruel.

17. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Don't care. Still bitter. He can have all the club success he wants, but I hope his international career is a complete and utter failure.

18. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm hoping he plays in one just as much if not more so than any other american we have. he's worked hard, been an honest player, and deserves his chance for sure. add the fact that he may be the only american with a realistic shot of winning the thing and i'll back him all day.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Same here. It sucks that he isn't playing for the Red, White and Blue. But he's never led us on or dissed his home country. I can't understand the animosity some have for him. I doubt Aron Johansson gets this kind of negativity from Icelandic fans. They move on.

freisland and Zak1FCK repped this.
  20. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's what bothers me. He hasn't ever dissed the U.S., and refers to New Jersey as his home. So, he took a look at the USMNT and said "yeah no thanks" and turned his back on the colors, jumping at a better opportunity.

If you aren't allowed to wish ill on a player for that, then you can't dislike a player for anything.

robdawgie and Martin Fischer repped this.
  21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Well do you hate the Nigerian guy who joined the Polish side to get to the World Cup or the countless Brazilians who played for Portugal. Or Diego Costa who now plays for Spain? At the very least Rossi's parents are Italian and he spent his teenage years there. I don't say whether this is right or wrong. But I don't get the animosity toward him. Can't we at the very least say "any American scoring in a top 5 league is a great thing" even if said American decided to play for Puerto Rico over the USA.

Zak1FCK and felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  22. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Wow. Only a massive, throbbing jacknut would post an opinion like this.

It's a game, dude. A game. What kind of miserable sod are you?

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    What bothers me is that you are allowed to post.

At least now I know what I'm allowed to wish ill on a poster for.

Placid Casual repped this.