Fulhamerica: the Ream Continues [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Real Corona, Jan 24, 2012.

1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gotta think Villa will be promotion favorites along with West Brom next year, but.....we know how that goes.......Sunderland....

2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we do. Leeds has been saying making the return was inevitable for about 10 years now. Only Newcastle has really delivered among those making the claim. It's 24 teams, only 2 make it guaranteed, plus 1 of a 4 team playoff. That's a volatile circumstance.

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup, and its not a fun time down there. These were two of the "prettier" teams playing today, and there was some bone crunching ball in there.

4. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    he came up to challenge grealish I think and got posterized but still pressured him enough to give another defender time to make a challenge. Only weak moment I recall

5. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulhamerica moves on up, 1-0 playing last 25 minutes a man down. Reamerica did what he was there to do.

6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Premiership Ream has come true!

deuteronomy, freisland, neems and 6 others repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Today Ream and Kevin Mc were huge. But they're going to need some upgrades if they plan staying in the Premiership.

Fulham's owner is a Pakistani billionaire though, and in interviews he had said he was done with Fulham if they didn't get promoted, which means he was ready to invest if they did.

8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Pakistani-American. Khan has lived in the US for like, 50 years.

WrmBrnr, Zinkoff, deuteronomy and 5 others repped this.
  9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see Fulham (and Ream) back in the EPL.

Always had a soft spot for Fulham since watching Dempsey play for them from about 2010-2012 was some of my first real exposure to the Premier League.

neems and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Your lack of confidence is inconsistent with the Fulham fans views it seems. In the upgrade thread people think he’s fine and this is some more:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=65755.0

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    #2912 TimB4Last, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sakibomb523 repped this.
  13. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are entitled to their opinions, but they are colored by his club player of the year caliber Championship performance. My perspective is more zeroed in on Hex-level and above internationals and Cup games. I think his inadequate speed of thought at the highest levels makes him your quintessential 4A player. He'll have to do a lot more defending there than in the Championship where Fulham were 2nd best in goals scored. Could pass out of the back, and under less pressure.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't do amazingly for Bolton in the EPL either.

15. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    I don't think anyone is or was expecting him to do amazingly in the Premier League, but I don't think he was awful either. Here are opinions from all the Bolton fans I could find who posted in this thread early on during Ream's first spell in the Premier League. Obviously, a bit of a mixed bag I'll admit, but everyone at least seemed to acknowledge potential.

TimB4Last repped this.
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peep think BS mods need to move Fulham out of the championship section and back into the EPL!!!

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Very happy Fulham - always seems like a spunky little can-do club.

I hope Ream can translate his game to the EPL. I'm also a bit concerned about his speed of thought/play. It always seems a tad slow to me. But I hope I'm too pessimistic and he doesn enough to keep his spot and keep Fulham up.

18. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tim did not get the hero treatment after the game, but he was the hero. He upped his game when they went down to 10 men. Was very strong the last 25 minutes.

dark knight repped this.
  19. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    The USMNT lineups that Ream has been a part of play more into his performance than his ability. The best USMNT lineup he has been a part of is likely equal to a mid level championship side.
    He played three hex games with the worst USMNT lineups since the 80s. His slowness of thought was likely wondering if he should cover Bradley’s lost mark, Gonzo’s lost mark, or cover the gapping angles of Howard’s goal posts.
    He killed it in the Championship against teams that are likely better than Costa Rica, Panama, and T&T’s B team. Many times a defender is only as good as his backline partners and his were shit in the Hex

Zinkoff and msilverstein47 repped this.
  20. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was partnered with Cameron vs Costa Rica in NJ

superdave and deuteronomy repped this.
  21. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    You forgot to add a pinch of Zusi, a dash of Villafaña, and some expired Howard.
    Combine vigorously and viola: shit backline as stated above

KicksNgiggles, WrmBrnr, Zinkoff and 2 others repped this.
  22. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was getting beaten 1 v. 1 by Urena and getting caught in possession at the back vs. Costa Rica. He got beat in the air to a header on a long throw at Panama. That's on him. He struggled throughout the Gold Cup in 2015. Costa Rica at home and Panama on the road are tougher match-ups than you'll see in the Championship. Not many Panamanians have pedigree because of their visibility or lack there of in Central America.

The average USNT Ream played w/ had significantly more talent than you'd see in the Championship. We're talking MLS standouts, top 5 league rotational players, solid Mexican league starters, etc.

He was part of the problem and we saw that repeatedly. Happy for him and his opportunity, but we need to do better than sometimes leaning on a player at his level's contribution. He'll play in the Premier League next season, but so did Morales in the Bundesliga. It's somewhat circumstantial. People make too much of it.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Music to my ears!

Winoman repped this.
  24. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    I had to log on to rep this.

dark knight repped this.