Fulham vs Tottenham Experimental XI, Jan. 20, 11 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs head to Craven Cottage for the first of three consecutive away London derbies. Second from bottom, Claudio Ranieri's side look like relegation certs, but will fancy their chances against us with our top three scorers unavailable. What kind of side Poch puts out is anyone's guess, but we still have enough quality to get by the Cottagers and their leaky defence, which has conceded a whopping 49 goals in 22 games. We need a clean game at the back, especially with Mitrovic in their side who always seems to score against us.

Just win baby, I'll gladly take a 1-0 with the ball bouncing in off Llorente's backside.

COYS!

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how I prefer the goal to be scored. It would go seriously viral.

3. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I can only watch the first half, as I have to leave for work at noon. hopefully it's done and dusted by then.

4. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    er … hopefully it's not done and dusted by the time I go to work.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not exactly backside, but that is what happened.

For the wrong team.

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    jeebers, we're just holding on.

7. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The difference between us and Fulham isn't the 34 point gap. It's that they believe they can score every time they come down our side of the pitch whereas we're at panic stations at the back. That's why they're 1-0 up and probably should be 2-0 up.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Didn't particularly enjoy that. Must go. Hope the next 45 goes a bit better.

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Fulham might have better attacking options on their bench than we do.

10. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well shit. Dele looks to have done his hamstring.

The double negative of not having squad depth. Not only do you miss out on like for like replacements, but you push the first team so hard they inevitably start to get injuries.

At least he walking off under his own power.

11. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That moment when Winks takes his chance better than Llorente.

BalanceUT repped this.
  12. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Not going to lie I feel a bit bad for Fulham. That was absolutely brutal, they’d played so well 1-1 was a fair result. That said 3 points is 3 points in top 4

BalanceUT repped this.
  13. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe even 3-0 up given the uncalled penalty.

14. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope Levy is motivated to make even a bad deal to get a bit of depth.

I also feel sad for Fulham because they deserved much better out of this game. And, I feel bad for Ranieri, such a wonderful gentleman of the game, as far as I can see in his sideline demeanor and interviews.

But, Wow! How about that Winks! Nice to get the winner in the closing seconds.

adrenaline11 and soccernutter repped this.
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harry does it again....well, the other Harry.

16. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lads, we have our new Rasiak.

17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    checked at 89' and figure that was pretty much it.

thought about it two hours later and figured I should verify that there were no late goals. very pleasant surprise.

18. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Come on Pook, we don't do draws!

19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    to be honest, when I went back to check, almost as palpable as my hope for a late winner for us was my fear of a late one for them.

20. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone feeling bad for Fulham should remember this is the kind of stunt Man U (especially) always used to pull on us. Play like crap all game and yet still walk away with the points somehow.

BalanceUT repped this.
  21. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watched most of the game. midfield was atrocious, couldn't stop the ball for most of the first half. then as game was heading into injury time, I finally gave in to my dog who had been wanting to go out for a walk for the past 30 minutes, got my coat and gloves on and left the house probly 30 seconds before Winks goal, lol

I had no idea that Spurs had won the match for a good 40 minutes or so

BalanceUT repped this.
  22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I see some people posting that they feel sorry for Fulham- don't. This was a London derby. They are a London club, therefore they are the enemy.

23. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    We were dreadful in the first half, the worst we've been all season. Babel and Mitrovic destroyed us and like many of our opponents, they targeted Sanchez as the weak link with success. The Colombian got naively done for pace by the 32 year old Babel just minutes in and thankfully Lloris bailed him out with the first of three very good saves on the day, a good recovery after his clunker against United.

We were lucky not to be down by more at the break, as the incompetent Craig Pawson missed a clear penalty against Vertonghen who had pulled down Mitrovic by the shirt on a corner. But Pawson was just warming up. After allowing Christie to barge down Rose in the box without giving a penalty, he then gave our wing-back an unjustified yellow card for simulation when Christie hacked him down again just outside the area.

Llorente got the start up front by the simple process of elimination and confirmed his ineptitude with a shocking own goal and by missing two sitters either side of half time. Babel came off after 54 minutes and that was when Sanchez grew a couple of you know what to take care of the annoying Serb the rest of the way. Just for his disgraceful antics, Fulham should be relegated right now and save us the misery of watching him roll around the turf the rest of the season.

In the end we deserved the win based on our second half performance and the unlikely Nkoudou to Winks combination, but we will need to be miles better for our next two matches at Chelsea and Palace if we hope to win any domestic silverware this season. If the chairman was watching that display, he may have had visions of his CL windfall at the new stadium next season vanishing into thin air, because if this is what a Kane-less and Son-less team and soon to be Deli-less team looks like, we will do well to hold onto our top 4 status.

24. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <soap box>

Don't tell me how to feel.

Enemy? This ain't war, it is soccer. It's a child's game played by grown men for our entertainment wearing clothing that we wouldn't be caught dead in if not for the fact that the soccer 'heroes' wear them and better resemble pajamas than anything a mature human would wear.

I enjoy the entertainment of watching the competition, the skill, the gamesmanship, strategy and tactics. I enjoy the team I've chosen to give some attention to, but I'll try my best to always remember... it's only a game. In the rest of the world, there really is war, there really are horrors, and equating this entertainment with those horrors is disrespectful of those horrors and those who have suffered.

</off soap box>

soccernutter repped this.
  25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It's hard to get all riled up about Fulham.

soccernutter repped this.