Fulham vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Mar 17 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Mar 13, 2019.

1. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's Mid-March and we're top of the league with a thrilling run in to come.

Just a reminder.

zaqualung repped this.
  2. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #127 zaqualung, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Exactly... everything is getting wayy too minutely analyzed.....
    we've won our last three games. Saalah is playing very well, and is creating space for others to win these games. That may not be his biggest desire but it adds up to the same thing for us....
    Also- Robertson got free into the area a couple of times and made defender type attacking nous decisions - if that's Firmino or lallana or wijnaldum or shaqiri we likely score. Mane hit the post ... they scored from a fvck up .... this could have been a 3-0 game...
    everyone relax ....

soccershaggy repped this.
  3. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's not getting chances because he is not creating as many for himself. Last year he would pick the ball up and dribble - this year he seems to think he is in the NBA with all the posting up he does on players. Not that hard to defend against.

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's still dribbling. But he is starting much higher up the pitch a lot of times....
    (I'm not too bothered by any of this - I'm more bothered by not having Keita, Oxlade or shaqiri there to help with the dribbling of the forwards.

5. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But yet Lallana deflects a clearance which fortunately bounces our way for a goal and he's lauded as the next coming while Keita is written off despite having grown into the team before missing out recently due to tactical reasons/injury.

6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yet for nearly a year before he came Keita was to be our new savior coming to solve all our problems. Youtube clips galore. References out of the Ying yang.

I haven't given up. I patiently await. :)

7. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You make it sound like a total fluke. But that sort of play is in Lallana's skillset. Sure it doesn't always work out that well, but midfield pressing and hussle is part of what he does, so credit where credit's due.