Fulham vs. Arsenal, Nov 10th

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by soccerlexis, Nov 10, 2012.

1. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    That was a great match to watch... it's a shame we didn't get three points out of it, but at least Shwarzer saved the faux-penalty and we didn't get robbed of a point, either. Some insights (I only was able to see the second half).

Hangeland was terrific at times but also wandered too much. Sometimes he left Giroud alone in front of goal. Riether needs to do a better job of stepping up and pursuing his man - not to point of being overwhelmed, but he was too passive.

I felt bad for Dejagah, getting subbed as a sub is harsh. But the players were unwilling to switch the ball to the right hand side of the field for fear that he would lose it, which he often did. As for Berbatov, I love his leadership, and Ruiz was smooth.

This looks real good going forward. Let's get the Jol deal done, he has been terrific!!!

2. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    West Virginia
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall I was impressed. At times we looked slow on the ball, but I think that worked to our advantage because it allowed us to counter rather quickly. Berbatov's penalty was smooooooth. I liked the ball control, but there at the end we didn't have the killer instinct in front of the goal, we just turned back to play possession. But I'll take the point, though...