FU Real World and involved barra members

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by dcchelseafc, Jul 19, 2009.

1. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

hi everyone :D

Yes I dont care what people say, tonight I will now look down on some members of the barra, I will not say names, but it hurt seeing what transpired tonight.

The Barra has never been about exposure to the mainstream, WE have NEVER catered to television or anything else (come on we threw beers on the cameras above us for the beckham match)

But tonight it hurt seeing Barra people hanging out trying to get face time with MTV, playign kiss up, trying to cater to real world, INSTEAD of actually watching and supporting the club out on the pitch!

Flame away and everything else, come up and talk to me, but I lost alot of respect for some people tonight for catering to mother********ing MTV for some shit i dont want to be associated with.....im sorry but there could be NOTHING positive that would of came out of this tonight, and I'm sure MTV will put such a negative spin on it.

The Barra has always been about nothing but club and family.....tonight that did not happen and im really pissed off about it.

Sorry for the rant

2. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Did the MTV cast actually even bother attending the game? I saw the crew filming in the back of section 232 when I got to my seats in 231, but never saw the cast, and the crew took off pretty early.

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We've never been about being dicks and getting in peoples faces either.

4. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC

I am going to call shenanigans on this. When the Washington Post wants to cover the Barra, the Barra has accomodated - in fact, I'm pretty sure YOU'VE been interviewed. When other soccer pubs, tv shows, and journalists are interested, we do the same. I am not trying to say the Real World show is journalism... it's freaking train wreck in my opinion. And maybe you're not a fan of the real world (I'm certainly not). But that's really irrelevant. There was absolutely no reason for folks to be rude to the Real World cast or crew. Were they d-bags, most likely and that one Ty guy most certainly was, but that doesn't mean we need to be d-bags back. It was a one time thing, and I am guessing the management was involved and was excited to have the opportunity to showcase the team, the fans and the atmosphere at a DC game.

They walked around with some cameras, introduced themselves and talked to people and some people who are in the Barra apparently talked to them and were friendly - is that SERIOUSLY that big of a deal?

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I don't think it's a big deal unless they were intrusive during the match, I personally didn't even see them and I have a good view.

What's the big deal, cast members are kids like hundreds of other college age kids in Barra. They just have camera follow them around, they don't really have a choice in matter I think :D If they interfere during 90 mins tell them to ******** away but other than that who cares.

People that are chattin up and such do that every game whether mtv is there or not.

That said I like flippin of espn cameras when they get near :)

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'd like to get Oscar's take on it. As hard as he and others Staff members work at recruiting new members I'd think his take on Pauly's stance would be way different.

7. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    Well, yes it is. All the other high drama bullshit threads have been closed. Where else can we vent our angst and show off our elitism? If we can't do even that on Big Sucker then obviously we'll have to take it to the stadium and take it out on people that should otherwise be pitied.

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    ok, everybody take a deep breath...

OP was at 0151 - not saying, but sometimes things look different after a good night of sleep.

Second, I appreciate someone explaining to me what the real world is... I guess this may be the reason that MTV no longer plays music? BS again provides cultural perspective.

I didn't even know they were there.

I understand why top hat is looking for friends - given the hate he has gotten lately in the other thread.

Non-issue in my mind.

;)

9. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is a pretty good example of what can happen when PWI (Posting While Intoxicated). :D

10. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we should ban posts between 12am and 6am but those are usually ones that make me crack up the most :)

11. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm attaching a breathalyzer to my lap-top....

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  13. West_Ham_Barra42

West_Ham_Barra42 New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Eastern Market
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that yes the cameras and everything were a bit intrusive to our Barra family... But we can't pick and choose where we get media exposure.. Fernando said last night "any media exposure is good exposure." I agree... I mean how many barra members are consistently shown on ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, etc... with their shirts off and drunk? Now that is media exposure worthy of the Real World ;P

14. Bluegrassat

Bluegrassat New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Planet Dukes
    Club:
    DC United
    I just LOL-d all over myself for the first time in a week. :D

15. tileman

tileman New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Dumfries, Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets look at this, It's Pauly, It's post game, It's 2:00 am, he's just left Pugs, anybody not surprised raise your hand....... thought so.;)

Keep it real Captain.:D

Vamos United!!!

16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    They shot some staged stuff during the Freedom match, after the Freedom match in Lot 8 and then they were behind the 230s for the entire DC match and afterwards. Which one of you drunk bammas was standing around them bragging on going to high school with one of them and wanted to fight with one of your own over it? They just looked clueless and useless(although on first look, one was hot). In the end, I saw no problem with them there and was just glad both teams won.

17. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually they were quite useful. I asked the sound guy to untie my hells kitchen apron, since I couldn't get it undone reaching around.

18. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    And one of the girls wants to play for our Barra Brava FC ladies. And let me also add that they made a solid effort to learn our songs and chants. I concur with all the sober people...whats the big deal?

19. DCUSKINS

DCUSKINS Member

May 26, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They wore DC United jerseys, were waving flags and looked like they were into it. Whats the big deal?

20. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    Chico, I agree and no barra member should of thrown shit or whatever else at them and im pissed about that, and I heard you had to go smooth shit over, something you never should of had to do

Yes I was drunk, but my point was that this is NOT the exposure the barra needs. MTV will twist the ******** of out this and make the barra into such bad people and everything else.....

I dont mind, (blondie, i put it in a wrong way, i was pretty drunk,lolP and I always support the Barra does for the stuff the Post does, SI does, ESPN does, but its in a positive light and grows the barra name in a positive way. this im afraid that MTV will construe in a very negative way and show the way the barra is NOT........now if they do positive spins on things and everything else, fine, its exposure, but do we really want them to get a chance to totally put us on national tv in a negative way?

I guess time will tell, and I hope im wrong, I really do, and ill regret posting this thread.

21. Gavinmgraham

Gavinmgraham New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    The Bar(ra Brava)
    Wait. Did you just say one of them gave you a reach around?

22. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're saying the Real World sound guy gave you a reacharound?

:eek:

edit - Damn, Gavin beat me to it.

23. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Wait, are you saying you asked for a reacharound?

24. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Guess I should have read on to the next page first!

25. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I am with Chico 100% on this...

However, at the same time, it didn't take much online digging to see that this kind of mess has been following both cast members (and the douche bags that film them) around DC since the show appeared here.

Check out the MTV camera man's performance here messing with a WUSA 9 reporter trying to conduct an interview.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/housingcomplex/2009/07/17/mtv-crew-member-apologizes-for-blocking-local-reporter/

--My point is we have enough soap operas in our real lives. If anyone cares to blow this tardfest up into something other then a goofy purse fight I'll be dumping this crap for eternity.