FSU Politics/Current Events V

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Real Corona, Mar 7, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea saw that today got a finger tip on it wow. Was a helluva game last night and btw think Golden St. was fake crying like Justin Smollett did haha what a weasel. Hated that Durant followed in LeBron footsteps and joined a super team but respect him for risking his future for his team. Should not have been allowed to play, he got away with a full Achilles tear a month ago, likely just a slight tear or sprain, can't believe they let him play.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Btw any of you guys watch the new HBO series Chernobyl yet? Was gripping stuff, been getting phenomenal reviews

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Russia on the verge of taking Ukraine all the way up to the Dnepr. Bump.

Thanks Obama. Let's go Brandon!!

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Do we want to discuss this here? If you want to have an international take on this, there's this thread.

5. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #PrayersForUkraine!

yasik19 repped this.
  6. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thanks mate. Madness.

Chesco United repped this.
  7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Read through that thread and although some interesting takes a bunch of absolute snowflakes who I'd prefer not to waste my time on. Read some clown who said Trump would be worse than this and several agreed

Any Ukrainian who voted for Brandon needs to have their Ukraine Card revoked immediately!!!!

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Bad news, Ukraine as we know it is likely over and countless lives lost. Good news, in 5 or 10 years Dnipro might be back and playing in packed arenas v. Spartak etc. and maybe Ukraine might improve economically to be stronger than Moldova

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Not sure that's the price you want to pay to have full stadiums.

In other good news, bunch of sports related activities are taking place. Matches are banned, CL final moved, Shalke removed Gazprom logo.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Hope everyone's families/friends who live there are safe.

11. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's cynical and dark. Dnipro, if they return will follow Tavriya's fate
    Your better than that.

Malinovsky with 2 goals. That a babe.

There will be marches in Sacramento on Saturday.

Yasik, I think there's a March in SF today.

The diaspora sits quietly and comfortably its time we do something, anything. Wear a vishovnka to work, start a conversation.

I didn't think this would hit me this hard but i didn't sleep, haven't eaten, kind of an emotional wreck

There used to be alot of Russian posters here. It's all love, no one is mad at you.

That's all I got to say

12. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    My dad can't get contact with relatives in Vinitsya and Odessa. Hope all is well, they're fairly elderly

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm planning to go to the one on Sat in SF. But same emotions...really can't believe it.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I've WhatsApped with folks in Odessa....so far everyone is ok.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ukraine fighting ferociously, this is Operation Barbarosa 2.0, Putin decided to 1 up Hitler and do a 4 Front attack thanks to the Belarus pvssies

I was crying a lot this morning, but Ukraine is holding strong and a sense of pride has come over me. 3 of the 4 fronts are under control, there's a counter-attack to retake the airport outside Kyiv, if they somehow manage then Day 1 is an absolute embarrassment for Russia

Reports saying that Ukraine sensing low morale in the Russians at the Battle of Sumy, there are like 10 battles raging at once and into the night. Ukraine just has more heart & soul than our brothers. Girl I know in Odessa when asked how she's doing shared a video of her walking on the seaside with seagulls flocking. She said she needed to step out for some fresh to calm her nerves after work. That made me smile, Ukraine is so strong its insane. Bringing a knife to a nuclear weapon fight and can't wait to get their hands on them...

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    My cousin drove from Kyiv to Dnipro today. Was there for work and returned to his wife & daughter. Everyone taking shelter and he's out and about driving down half the length of the Dnepr, absolutely nuts. Ukraine is different.

17. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thanks for the update

Shaktar have made their stance.

Mircea Luscuea said he's not going anywhere

18. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I reactivated my Twitter account. Just crazy. Praying for the boys

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm glad the sports world is not silent.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This was sadly just an initial attack, no way Russia is this weak, the next few days are going to be devastatingly brutal, heavy casualties likely on both sides

Klitschko brothers might be fighting Russians on the streets of Kyiv guerilla warfare style this weekend. Shocking new reality for the world.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea lots of outpour of support from the sports world. Sad part is the sports world has been more strong & defiant than world leaders

Zenit were robbed of a clean goal in the 89th min by VAR to go to extra-time @ Betis, reminds me of the stories I heard about USSR being robbed in soccer & hockey often

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Or maybe Russian forces are badly trained and not motivated.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Somewhat...hence why Russia just mobilized 10,000 Chechen savages

They are struggling to break Ukraine border defense, only because of the Belarussian pvssies are Russia easily in the suburbs of Kyiv. This is essentially Ukraine v. Russia, Belarus & Chechnya

24. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I just watched Malinovskiy's 2 goals. Vintage Malina. First thing I've seen no war related and my phone is basically attached to my hands and eyes.

I appreciate the bravery of the Klitschko Brothers but they need to be elsewhere. We need our most visible Ukrainians to be alive. Don't concentrate in one city. Russia won't be able to chase them around.

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea I agree with you, can't afford to lose someone like that. Vasyl Kravets is asking his Segunda club to let him go to Ukraine and fight in the war. If only our soccer players played with the courage shown by the defenders of our land we'd be a dark horse contender in every tournament

Ukraine is having fun going into Day 3 of World War 2.5 lol...absolutely taking the piss with Russia

https://funker530.com/video/giga-ch...8kMgEj-7ySmuEOXHXAz5IzMaNe8ZirDjyX2Nqi-zDH8pE

Master O repped this.