FSG

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by newterp, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's certainly had some good one-liners over the years.

2. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  3. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yes, it sounds like Michael Owen is the narrator and the graphics could induce seasickness, but a good look FSG's tenure.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha - I tried to watch - couldn't get past 2 mins

5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FSG has been excellent Liverpool, pretty much making the club stand on its won two feet, so to speak. The debt we owe it for breaking Hicks and Gillette's pernicious chains is now under £100 million. We've overtaken the chavs and in turnover (still behind it in commercial revenue.) This is third overall behind the two Manchester clubs one of whose commercial revenues of £232 million looks dodgier than a dog's hind leg each time you read about it.

With the new kit deal, we may overtake Chelsea in the commercial revenue stakes and fix our sights on Man U but that will take some doing both on our part and on latter's continued making a dog's dinner of its on-field performances.

newterp and idreamofpikas repped this.
  6. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    Sorry for the bump.

Anyone seen the Peter Moore Tedx talk? Pretty interesting. FSG have been brilliant.

burning247 and newterp repped this.
  7. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Y’know what’s really funny? When on FB, Twitter or some blogs you come across an LFC fan who has decided that FSG are the devil incarnate and refuses to be reasoned with.

Granted they are not as obvious as before, but when we spent nothing in the transfer window last summer, they were out in force.

Only the most seriously deluded won’t agree that, overall, FSG have been excellent for our club.

8. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    #408 Menace2Sobriety, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    100% Related story...

I was at an airport bar watching the end of our 3-1 win at Bayern. A dad and his son sitting next to me happened to be from Liverpool and were big supporters.

After we scored our 3rd, I mentioned how happy I was with the direction of the club. His first response was “well our net spend...” and “City owners spent...” and “never spent their own...”

FSG have had to learn some hard lessons and they have. But they recognize intelligence, talent, leadership, and importantly, all aligned to the same strategic goal and the tactics. Like any organization. Like a football team.

OK, they might view this as an investment, but with Peter Moore and Klopp, the clubs interests are first and foremost. Believers.

IMO the Nike deal might actually be massive. Particularly the rumors of expansion into a “lifestyle” brand given both brands and their respective ambassadors. I love rev-share deals. They have a plan and some are too stubborn, too deaf or too ignorant to understand it.

Suss, Samarkand and newterp repped this.
  9. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    El-Oh-El, you gotta love "journalism" today. The whole basis of that article is "a TV pundit says Man Yoo should go get Edwards from Liverpool." How is that news? In other hot news, Liverpool should buy Mbappe.

usscouse repped this.
  11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They'll be after our tea lady soon! :eek:

usscouse repped this.
  12. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not just 'get', they suggest kidnapping him in the boot of his BMW :D

usscouse repped this.
  13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #413 usscouse, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    These pundits are funny. They just make shit up and print it like it's gospel.
    Manchester United will buy Messi and Ronaldo in a half a billion$ deal to challenge for this season League Championship and Champions league.

Oh we haven't asked anyone yet but that's the rumour.

Then it gathers momentum as another pundit who editor is on his case "reports"
    "It's been reported that Messi and Ronaldo are on their way to Old Trafford as we speak. "

14. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "sources" report...:rolleyes::confused::thumbsdown:

usscouse repped this.
  15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys - let me leave then champions of the world for then shittiest of shit shows

16. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    10 years to the day.

I quite liked these from the DM's report.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...drove-Liverpool-debt-forced-10-years-ago.html

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    10 years wow. we've come a long way, baby!!

talk about dodged bullets .....

Samarkand repped this.
  18. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We seem to have held the wages-to-turnover ratio constant but those numbers look ugly in the context of the fall in revenues.

19. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Have the players agreed to a cut in wages yet?

20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #420 Red Bird, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Ongoing as I recall. I think individuals clubs are now negotiating with their players due to the wildly differing cost structures. I mean, look at Everton and Bournemouth and then compare to Spurs (although Tottenham's fall in expected revenues is going to be huge.)

21. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ta , you'd think wage cuts will have to happen given the drop in revenues.

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I suspect the reluctance to sign Wermer to a huge salary was in part due to the fact that his new team mates will have just taken / are now discussing a wage cut. that would be huge to Klopp imo.

(chelsea don't give a shit about dressing room morale, they haven't seen any of it for years.)

23. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Chelsea are coming off their transfer ban . They were sitting on the money from selling Hazard and Moratta and dumping their big salaries to boot . So they were in kind of a unique position to the other big clubs and able to take advantage to snap up Werner while we're looking at potential revenue losses of perhaps 200m.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yeah but did they cut back salaries recently? I've no idea but would bet "no".

25. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think another factor is that the club planned to raise a significant amount of money with outgoing players this summer. Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson, and Grujic could have raised close to a 100 million. Now there is no market for these players. Wilson and Grujic might go on loan another season and Origi will probably be back at Anfield. Werner could have easily been paid for by just moving those players along.

owian, Red Bird and SamScouse repped this.