From Colombia With Love - The James Rodriguez Welcome Thread!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by babai_here, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seashore10

seashore10 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Provide assists and goals: not motm, average

Involved in all goals: no stat made, bad

Not involved in goals: worst player of the match

2. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Even though the positions have totally different requirements, James is tactically flexible enough to pull it off, right?

3. seashore10

seashore10 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #5428 seashore10, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    He has the ability to do it, but he does not have the ability to do it magnificently week after week by changing week after week eg MOTM

Edit:
    I think we agree that he had a bad games against Sevilla.

4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm still in disbelief that we'll sell James. There's just too much potential and he would own this team had we not been intent on handing it to Bale. It doesn't help that Isco has been so damn good (lucky for us), but I guess we had to let somebody go. James is class, he'll be top tier wherever he goes. I can see myself looking on in the future while he dominates headlines. Scoring goals, making things happen. He's talented, he's marketable, he's hard to not like. It broke my heart to see him applaud all four sides and take one last look at the pitch on the Bernabeu before he walked off. I really hope a broken fax machine come to our rescue this time. :( But keeping Isco is more important. I think Isco is refusing to renew until James is gone.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be completely true assumption if performing well would make him a starter. If you look at Isco's performances in detail you will see that he was outstanding in almost all of them but in the end of the day 4-3-3 with CMK and BBC was a preferred option for Zidane.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    back in training.

[​IMG]

7. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    "And here we have two players who won't be at Real Madrid next season tussling over..."

madridista_hr repped this.
  8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I hope James didn't touch his leg in that challenge, otherwise Coentrao's out for another six months.

9. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And Bale does?...he doesn't even play magnificently in the one position they gift wrap for him

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    He changed his Instagram avatar. Removed the Real Madrid picture and put one of him in a Colombia jersey.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the way he left the pitch in the last home match was pretty obvious.

Deep Pal, 9Qui and Crimson repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he wants to leave a team thats got a great chance at winning both the Liga and Champions, the best club in the world, then good riddance. Hope he fails elsewhere if he does decide to go.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow. Perspective? The guy is in the prime of his career. He wants to go where he can play and grow both as a player and marketing wise.

If we win 2 titles this year,he'll have titles in his resume. Now he can try to focus on his career

14. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sitting on the bench at Madrid and being a non factor into winning titles isn't for everyone. If James wants to go elsewhere and be the man then good on him. Careers are short and some players want to actually play the game, not sit on a bench. That shows ambition.

And I wonder if James will feature at all these next two matches, I'm not sure the club wants to risk any injury since it's pretty clear he's being sold.

Deep Pal, euon and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll never dislike James, he's doing what's best for his career.

He's already won a CL with us, just needs another one and a league.

Mimadridsta, Romanero, Umar and 4 others repped this.
  16. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should have left last summer. Lol.

17. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You sound like a sour ex girlfriend. He's leaving with his head up high unlike others that have left recently. He tried to make it work and showed love for the club. Can't even knock him and wish him the best wherever he goes. Show some class homie

18. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The only reason we are on the cusp of two trophies is because of players like James in the squad. If we had a squad like Barca or Atleti (quality first 11 but no depth), we would be exactly were they would be.

It's not like he sat there while the BBC lead us to glory.

19. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I kinda feel bad for him. He was/is a very exciting player to watch but unfortunately our system with fast wing play dint suit him. Also it is unfortunate that he has to fight even for a spot in the bench with Isco who will always be a crowd favorite.

I would have shipped out Bale and kept both Isco and James. I will miss his trickery and the curling golazos... Not sure Manure is going to be the right place for him though.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We might be the one who wants him to leave and he has limited choices.

I like James, but we really have no use for him at this very moment. We need a player who could play deeper than James. Llorente seemed to be the answer and he would push James deeper into the pecking order.

I really, really like him, but that's the reality. James' value to the team at this moment is his price tag. We can do plenty of shopping with his transfer fees. . There is no point of keeping him around when we can actually improve the team with his sale.

21. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    My only gripe with him is he could have taken a leaf out of Isco and stick over here, Isco played out of position, mastered it and is blossoming now.

Management decision to stick with Bale who has been injured multiple times at the cost of James is also surprising.

Always liked him and will wish the very best for him wherever he goes.

ratheesh7k and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James is a different type of player than isco, its hard for him to adapt his playing style to a system because he is not quick nor can he beat players one on one - he can only reach his potential if he plays with a team that can grant him the freedom he needs.

Isco can beat a man; di maria was quick, could beat a man and had great stamina - both were able to adjust relatively easily. So James really can not "take a leaf out of these players book."

The word 'mastered' should also be used lightly with isco. I still don't see him as a week in week out player, his ineffectiveness after the 60th minute mark makes him, a much needed but still - somewhat of a luxury player.

natenate101 repped this.
  23. seashore10

seashore10 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I disagree about the comparison, isco has been constantly playing as a 10 since last October and it is the position that he shines.

As for James and as mentioned before, his position almost changes week after week.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    No he hasn't. Stop making stuff up

9Qui, Zidane05, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  25. seashore10

seashore10 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #5450 seashore10, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Fine, I change "10" to "free role in the center as a attachking midfielder". This was also mentioned by ZZ in the post-match interview and he has been playing that position till now.

Edit: It should be the game against Betis
    Edit2 : And Isco also played as a 10 against Atletico Madrid in last November. And he definitely is not playing CM or winger right now.