From Colombia With Love - The James Rodriguez Welcome Thread!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by babai_here, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What does that have to do with anything? Is the opinion of a mod more valuable than someone else's?

I agree with you guys. If there no drastic changes, James needs to go. Just no place for him here unless Bale leaves.

But I just found that bit about you guys being mods interesting

kweyork repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    BS has an automated tool that scans your posts and determines your IQ. That's how we identify potential mods and select them. We are the cream of the crop.

Lyra, Crimson, natenate101 and 5 others repped this.
  3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm not a Barcelona accountant. :mad:
    Yeah, we're hold to higher standards:

Crimson, natenate101, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  4. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    mods are gods :D

5. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sound like an auditor visiting Barcelona.

Umar, 9Qui, sleepyvato50 and 5 others repped this.
  6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! Bravo.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  8. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only mod i wouldnt mess with on here is shay z , big great white shark looking mofo .

Shay Z repped this.
  9. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    You're wrong. It's Shay in the front of that picture.

Shay Z repped this.
  10. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Their are 3 forward roles even if ronaldo starts 30 (which he propably won't) and bale starts 27 (which according to the trend he won't) that leaves 19 league starts for 1 of 2 spots and a whole 38 starts for the other remaining spot - thats 57 starting spots in the league.

At 100% fitness ronaldo will start 25-27 league games the way zidane is protecting him

Bale is never 100% fit so we can safely assume at most he will start 20 or less league games, just like this year. That now leaves 69 starting league spots in the 3 front lines.

Morata can easily see 20, asensio 15, james 20 and benzema 14.

Adding copa run to the 1/4s: 25, 20, 25 respectively (No copa games for benzema he can get UCL starts his numbers are good their)

In the midfield

Modric is on course to start 22 games in the league this year don't be surprised if he also starts 17 next year

casemiro is on course to start 19, but we have seen that he can also be rotated for most fixtures and the team will be ok. It can be expected that he will start less next season 10-15 league games.

Kross will complete 28 starts this year i expect him to do similar numbers next year.

Now this leaves 54 starting roles in the midfield : kova can get 20 and isco get 25 asensio 5 james 4. Adding copa kova 25 isco 30

So just talking about the league and the cup run we have Morata with 25, asensio 25, james 29, kova 25, isco 30.

Without even considering Champions league these 5 players can see 25+ starts (35+appearances) each season.These minutes come from simply from limiting casemiro's, benzema's + lucas's roles and preserve our aging or fragile players.

Is that clear enough or do i have to spell it out some more for the Mods.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Goal post moved #1.
    Goal post moved #2.
    Goal post moved #3.

Llorente now out of his equation for games. Goal post moved #4.

Good job man, now in the next post, rework the numbers so that you can fit in Llorente.

Shay Z, MerlinRM and 9Qui repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    White male privilige!

13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    [​IMG]

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I have faith he'll get it right eventually. Hopefully before we open a new James thread.

15. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Man I hate maths. Why is this enitre page full of numbers :mad:

MaxY repped this.
  16. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Goal post = scenarios... whatever floats your boat.

llorente is not factored in. If we bring in anybody we most likely have to sell/loan-out.

We buy a LB we get rid of coentrao. We get a CB we release pepe. We buy GK we sell navas.

Benzema is not going to be sold regardless how many posts are wasted on the transfer thread, neither will Bale.

The team can remain as is by rewarding good performers this season by increasing the minutes and roles for next season. Harmony is maintained, everyone contributes.

Zidane can ease benzema into a UCL player and reward morata with more starting roles in the ligue. Both will be able to live with that - Morata still has a lot to learn, benzema knows he's not producing in the league.

Casemiro should be easy to deal with, i see him satisfied with a more limited role.
    If we decide on forcing llorente in this season then casemiro will likely be unhappy as he will see little to no minutes (unless the team is plauged by injuries) and would seek a move in the winter. Llorente would assume casemiro's role and would get 15-20 starts (30+appearance) for his first year, which he should be able to live with.

This would be the most practical way moving forward considering the factors involved. Zidane can maintain team morale and preserve continuity which seems to be what he relies on to keep the entire team performing so well through out such a long campaign.

17. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    use a calculator

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Actually we don't. He's literally the only midfielder we need to bring in because he is the only one that can cover Casemiro. But the funny thing is you had him factored here in your 5th effort to get the math right:

Then you reworked the math to make it add up, and you forgot to add him back in and now you cover it up with "we need to sell someone", which is the whole god damn point that I was saying from the start.

But keep having at it, it'll come eventually.

9Qui and Airjao repped this.
  19. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you know anything about LLorente then you should know if he comes back it wont be to cover casemiro, he will be coming to replace him as he is a more complete player. This doesn't impact isco james kovacic james's or morata, their minutes will remain the same.

Nope, you were suggesting their isn't a role for james at the club - i showed with proper rotation next season he does.

Nope, rotations make them come true....

Llorente would be a welcome addition, doesn't mean we have to sell any of our midfielders. Casemiro could stay and settle for the garbage minutes others in the squad have been doing this season.

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    this thread is going in circles :/

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Thank you for the advice. I already have and I'm not convinced.
    It needs more spelling out.
    Great, so now that we have established that Casemiro and Llorente share one position and don't impact other midfielders' (including Kovacic) minutes and we agree on the GK and 4 defenders, we are down to 11 players sharing 5 positions: Kovacic, Kroos, Modric, Isco, James, Asensio, Lucas, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Morata.

Could you please for all 11 mentioned players write down their number of total games in all competitions next season? It's an easy task. How many games will they play?

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What if Kovacic leaves.. No one here knows what is going to happen in the summer.. What if Llorente is kept out on loan..?

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Getting rid of the ones with an ounce of defensive responsibilities to pave the way for the ones without is a bad plan.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Kova is not really good defensively.. he is more of an attacking mid really or best suited for that role.

25. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    But it's not where he has been used. We are discussing whether there are minutes enough to go around, and if you start giving Kovacic' or Llorente's minutes to James to keep him here, you're heading down the wrong way.

Umar repped this.