From Colombia With Love - The James Rodriguez Welcome Thread!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by babai_here, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wouldn't say he wasn't "good", for starters, he would already be better than Benzema. He has the exact attributes to continue 3 more years as a #9. He's arguably the best header and has the best positioning for any attacking player in the modern game. Think he would need a few games just to get used to it - plus keep in mind if its Bale and Hazard (for example) are playing next to him, they can still shift between positions. Its not like Benzema and Morata are classical #9 who wait in the box

2. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am also not convinced as ronaldo as #9.but the best front 3 we make at this moment is ronaldo-bale-james.bale is useless on the wings.his crosses are terrible.why not use him as the target man and play him upfront alongside ronaldo.given how injury prone he is it will cut him some extra running and use his pace in forward runs rather than defending and tracking back.bale is a good finisher and he has played CF before too didn't he in his totenham days.he should not be the third man in attack.james should be the player for that position who link with the midfield and exploit the spaces in between the lines.
    james should be guaranteed a starting spot.he is the player sorely missed throughout the first half of the season.
    and to be very honest he made that midfield 3 look good against napoli.play lucas there or bale as the third man they just stay wide all the time and we become disjointed.

3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale is terrible at crosses? He's probably our best crosser.

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think James is easily our best crosser

Deep Pal, Kroosinator, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  5. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Both wrong, Kroos is bar far our best crosser, no matter how you look at it either visually or statistically.

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We were talking to chiku who was talking about crosses from the wings/wing players. Kroos doesn't play on the wings.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    James is the best crosser no doubt.
    Anyway this notion of playing James as 9 does not fly by me. He is best suited to play behind a 9 or on the wing as a playmaker .

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was saying generally keeping in mind bale's base position in zidane's system that is RWF.given how isolated he becomes , he has to cross most of the time.his left foot crosses are good but only when played on the left side.right foot crosses are terrible for obvious reason.
    if we are talking only about crosses then lucas is the player that comes to mind first.but he is very predictable.either a cross or a cutback.but bale is capable of much more.i think he is a waste on the wings.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's aliiivvee!

Deep Pal, sleepyvato50 and Anthony Lim repped this.
  10. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    nice to see james in a free role and deliver!

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still think James is the most talented player on the team after Modric and Ronaldo. Both Modric and Ronaldo ain't young anymore. His problem is maintaining his fitness and/or getting playing time(getting playing time to maintain his fitness).

Zidane05, J-Mezzy and Anthony Lim repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    His problem is he is slow.

If he were a faster player with quicker feet hw wouldn't be so limited to what he could be used to accomplish.

13. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    speed/pace is one thing but not everything.. and i don't think that will deter james to accomplish more.
    every footballer has their own weakness for james maybe pace but he makes up in all other department.

chiku86 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Not all other departments. He has no right foot which would have cost us a goal yesterday.

15. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    james had 2 or 3 right foot goal under the white shirt.. that goal you mentioned actually almost went in just hit the bar... two-footed footballer is rare anyway.

16. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    in this forum alway james' limitations are discussed,what he brings to the team is always overlooked.pace is the least requirement in this league.the slowest of players have succeeded here.tell me how different james is from kroos as a player?

17. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    He's not different from that perspective, but Kroos plays deeper which usually gives him more time on the ball. It's not a direct comparison.

I'm not saying James can't work out for us. That would be a ridiculous statement because the best football this team has played was 4-4-2 with James and Isco as wide AM's.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really wish we cpuld keep James, Isco, Asensio beyond the BBC era. I'd like to see what those guys can do on a consistent basis in a system that's not married to the 433

Shay Z, Digital, sleepyvato50 and 4 others repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    .... He also doesn't have the best stamina.

JamesStans Nobody is saying he isn't a fantastic player. We're just pointing why he isn't more useful in this Madrid side. We are built around pace in our attack (especially from out wide), which is precisely what he lacks big time.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    i can't fathom some people here itemizing james weaknesses after a very good game from him.
    i will stop from here.. i pity you because you are hopeless! ;)

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Really good game. Every time he plays, you notice the dimension he adds to the team that isn't there with the BBC and Kroos/Casemiro/Modric. He's a threat from just about anywhere in the final third, he's constantly moving and looking for the ball, and the ball tends to find him. Really a shame if he's to go this summer, I really think we can incorporate him into the team.

Shay Z, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. If hes employed in the right way on the pitch, his lack of speed doesn't matter. Hes not the fastest player in the world but hes not slow either.

23. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He stays he is gonna be here next season. Unless the club forces him out, we will have James.

Player we might lose is Isco at this point.

24. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    exactly my point.not comparing directly because of different position but both are same player.both are natural #10.instinctive passers,great vision.both arrived in the same year too.carlo tried to replace kroos with alonso and the result was 2 defeat in 4 matches.though kroos has improved tremendously from defensive point of view but zidane still does the same mistake,played him at single pivot against las palmas and guess the result?
    james short accuracy and conversion rate is highest in our squad.that is too good to ignore.defensively he is not as good as kroos,just fine.play him as a #10 and he can be the most consistent performer in the team.

25. chiku86

chiku86 Member

Dec 4, 2016
    india
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you said it correctly.but asensio can wait he is just 20.james and isco should be at their prime considering their age.people will kill me for saying this but zidane's stubbornness to play 4-3-3 all the time is hurting both their career and the team too.asensio can rotate with isco and james too if a better system is implemented.