From Castilla to Primera, Again - The Santiago Hernan Solari Poggio Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol Conte smh.. best solution was to let Solari handle this till the end of the season, not giving him a 3 year contract for some wins against Plzen etc. Go for Pochettino this summer, I dont see anything in Solari that makes him a good coach.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As I said, when players suck, a Conte style manager is better than Solari (or Zizou) style manager. Obviously it would have been a much better short term fix than Solari; the question is how much more of a negative impact he would have had in the long term than Solari? Seeing Sarri's Chelsea or Allegri's Juventus, not that much.

3. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It depends of the contract itself and I don't know Solari's salary but I could guess that the sum of his 3 years would be less than Conte's 1 year. Probably a lot less.

And if his salary is not that big it is safer than giving him just until the end of the season. Not that he would not have a motivation but to think in bigger perspective. That is developing the team not only for this season but also after that - that includes giving minutes and chances to youngsters and develop your ideas. Otherwise he won't take risks and just would play the best possible 11 in order to win as much as he can this year.

Shay Z and Prit Javier repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If whistles lead to getting dropped, Benzema and Bale are 3 years late to the party.
    Idiotic. Legitimate question too. Regardless though, even if you don't like the question, answer it and move on.

ahnaf and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Benzema and Bale are protected by Perez

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's an excuse to explain the stupidity of their continued selection. Bale was dropped by Zidane for a good stretch.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Conte would only care about how he looks, rather than any long term m choices. If kicking out a potential prospect would reflect good on current results he wouldn't mind killing the player off right away.

Halycon repped this.
  8. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd rather go for no trophies this season than watching my club play 532.

surgeon repped this.
  9. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn’t worry about Solari’s contract. That was a vote of confidence and nothing else.

I’m sure the club has a better understanding of finances than we do and have factored in any sort of buyout

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Hiring Conte would be like adding fuel to the fire. Rather stick with Solari than hire Mourinho Lite.

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Conte wouldn't last 3 months in Madrid. He would clash with everyone, the players, the fans and Perez.

Prit Javier repped this.
  12. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who the hell would want Conte?? seriuosly?

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The same guy that wanted Balotelli here.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So Solari already has issues with Isco, Keylor and now showing agitation towards media for asking a question about Navas. Why is he not playing Navas in a dead rubber? Him and Flo trying to force him out in January? He's showing several red flags in many areas ZZ excelled in.

J-Mezzy and surgeon repped this.
  15. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    The way ZZ handled the media, we've seen it with him and we'll never see it again.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We could get some money for Keylor if he forces a move

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The media didn't even dare to ask him stupid questions a lot of times though. He's absolutely unique in this aspect. The amount of fear people had of him is different. I'm sure even Guardiola is envious of that.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well after that head chest butt in the WC, wouldn't you be too? ;)

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, but each time Bale gets dropped he goes and whines to Perez and he like magic he's baaack.

He complained about Ancelotti and got his way. He complained after the CL and we kept him and sold our greatest goal scorer (who also whines nonstop).

Florentino has protected him and Benzema like they are endangered species.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Prit Javier repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pablo Garcia said the only person who wasn't played any jokes/pranks on was Zidane.

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017

robnycus and Lyra repped this.
  22. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #122 Varnagel, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    1074022195465199616 is not a valid tweet id

The 0-3 loss against Eibar away is the only thing where Solari got wrong for deciding to start Ceballos ahead of Marcos Llorente. As for Real Madrid losing 0-3 against CSKA Moscow, people have to remember that it's a dead rubber where Solari played the bench. Real Madrid were already qualify for Round of 16 as group winners regardless of the result anyway.

Solari has been done an excellent job given to how things looked when Lopetegui was in charge for Real Madrid.

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't really hold that against him because that's is absolutely a game where you roll out the fringe players and let them earn some more minutes, the players failed themselves more than anything else in that game.

Although I still don't understand why Keylor couldn't get a look in (probably because if he went all super hero and saved the points it woulda opened up a can of worms).

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    HZinho, Anon., Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He is too rigid and needs to learn to drop certain players (Lucas) or change his approach (position).