From Castilla to Primera, Again - The Santiago Hernan Solari Poggio Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Nov 13, 2018.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    On one side you are offering hyperbole of RM squad being utter shit, while on the other side you are fully endorsing benching / putting on stands top quality player. Makes sense.

Maybe actually produce opinion based on merit as to why Solari was not a failure instead of basing it on shitty reasoning, false equivalence and fallacies.

2. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thought he would last the season but there is no way we would pass on bringing Zidane back I suppose. My thoughts on him have not changed but I think the fact that he isn't finishing the season is enough for me. No need to be more critical than that.

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He had a legit chance to show that he's a good coach, which he isn't. No one expected miracles from him but honestly i can't think of one thing he managed to do properly. The entire time he looked like a deer in headlights.

He's not even worth discussing for me anymore.

Zidane05 repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The squad seemed a number too big for him to be honest. Couldn't manage the egos or the pride of multiple people. His quality as a coach is up to interpretation but i think it is to be agreed that he couldn't motivate the players to put verything in it and ignore their personal agendas.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe he did the best he could. I'm grateful to him for taking over at a difficult time and giving an opportunity to Vinicius, Reguilon and Llorente. Ultimately though, he just wasn't suited to coach a team of this caliber.

I hope the club can find him a position that's a better fit for him (I like the rumours about him being offered the director of youth position; I think he might be better suited for that than coaching).

Castillas, natenate101, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solari got the job by default. It was difficult to find anyone in the middle of the season. He was coaching Castilla. So Perez just promoted him after no serious candidate was avaliable. Yes, he got a chance to coach the big boys, but he was basically fulfilling an obligation. We all knew that he was out of depth, but what else could we do at that point in time? And what else could he do with this team? We all expect that we would have a bad season on the day Ronaldo joined Juventus. We have been complaining that the team lacked a real striker on the day Morata left for Chelsea. Perez never properly replaced those players.... and that was way before Solari was coaching Real Madrid. And when we joined the team, we were in the position to play in Europa League next season.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The realistic goal for the season was to finish top four, and after taking over a team in 9th place he had us on track to qualify for next seasons CL. He was given the 2019 Bale instead of 2016 Ronaldo, its not even fair to put Zidane on such a pedastal and while taking the cheap shots at Solari.

He was also able to integrate several "project" players into the team such as Vinicius, Valverde, etc.

Not being able to think of one thing he did properly is most likely due to apathy or ignorance rather than Solari himself.

You take advantage of Solari because he's a good guy but would defend Mou till the death if he burned down the Bernabeu.

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In his defense, the results were good before this horrid week of 2 Clasico's and the CL defeat.

However, his man-management and rotations were extremely poor. Zidane may have gotten the likes of James and Kovacic disgruntled after multiple seasons, but he never completely blackballed them as Solari has with Isco and Marcelo. Likewise, in this horrid week of losses, he made no rotations, likely exhausting everyone and losing the locker room quickly.

9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So it is confirmed that he is staying with us?