From Castilla to Primera, Again - The Santiago Hernan Solari Poggio Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This

rhexis07, HZinho, temesgen and 6 others repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He definitely didnt help himself but if i were to split the blame i'd say its 50/50.

Halycon repped this.
  3. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Thank you Solari. Put in a difficult situation but you gave us Regulion and gave faith to Vinicius and for that this club will forever be thankful.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone was to blame, but as far as the coach goes i can freely say that his time here was a failure. He had a legit chance but totally blew it.

Managing a club of our size was always too much for him.

Zidane05 repped this.
  5. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

7. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Lope's agent has already denied those claims..

https://en.as.com/en/2019/03/07/football/1551959649_887835.html

8. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Called it way before all these Spanish media.

Would like to thank Solari for helping us discover and get real joy from Vinicious and a sweet victory over athleti and giving reguillon a true chance.

He tried but this was out of his depth.

-Reivax-, Bear Crotch and Zidane05 repped this.
  9. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stepped into a lose-lose situation with a roster that wasn’t good enough to compete in a marathon like La Liga.

Good on him for taking on a job most managers wouldn’t touch. Loved that he showed faith in Vinicius and Reguilon.

madridista_hr, ahnaf, HZinho and 4 others repped this.
  10. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He's loyal to us so I hope we give him a job somewhere in the club

Drouchk repped this.
  11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just read that he'll be offered a director of youth teams position.

From the statement earlier today announcing his sacking, it definitely looked like he wasn't leaving the club. I just wish they let him stay as interim to avoid the embarrassment of a sacking.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

13. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    will be remembered as the guy who gave Vinnie his opportunity and the guy who benched Marcelo and (sometimes) Bale.

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I hope Zizu sees value in Llorente.

ahnaf repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My view on Solari, I wondered why he was chosen seeing as I had heard so much negative stuff about him and Castilla but I don’t know if I would say he had a “legit chance” , a legit chance at what exactly?,

I can’t think of a single poster who thought with Ronaldo leaving, no replacement, no refreshing of the squad, same players, ZZ gone too, that we would really win anything, some of us hoped yes, but most of us were fine with a “transition” year of doing ok and rebuilding the squad next season, hoping for the best really

we saw the issues with the squad, why on earth would we expect Solari of all people to “win” with them, especially after he came in half way through the season that was already looking like a train wreck, we got our hopes up a little when he brought us close in the Copa, the league and the CL, but we all knew we were barely making it, also, I doubt very much Isco would have made any difference to the outcome of this season either

At least he gave Reguillon and Vin a shot, not to mention Llorente, who after having watched him last season, no one would have been calling for, as a coach this was his level, did I enjoy it , no, but it’s not really a surprise to me either, good luck to him in the future

16. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A legit chance. We were 9th in the table when he took over. We sold the club's all time leading goal scorer and replaced with an 18 y/o who never played in Europe before. That's your "legit" chance.

robnycus repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    To top it off.. Ramos decides to exclude himself for the return leg against Ajax and then Vini, the best player of the team, who we had been relying on the most recently, goes out injured..
    The only thing I blame him for is going with TC instead of Navas and even that I am doubtful that he had any authority to dictate.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You guys realize that statistically he is worse than Lope?

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And Zidane with this squad + Ronaldo finished 17 points behind Barca..

20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Was the absence of CR7 at fault for Solari to opt for Marcelo at Camp Nou - the game which we should win otherwise? Was the absence of CR7 at fault for Solari to wreck a player with top quality while investing time in subpar solutions? Was the lack for CR7 at fault that we looked like complete imbeciles against Ajax at home? Does this answer your strawman?

Shit man. Is Solari your family or something? The apologetics you are pulling out is astonishing!

2Magia2 repped this.
  21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Marcelo was a mistake but he probably played him because of the experience. That was the last we saw of Marcelo.. so is not like he didn't learn from his mistake.
    Regarding Isco, I cannot agree with you since I don't believe Isco had the answers, to the contrary, he slows us down.. So from my point of view this was a non-issue.. We will see if Zidane will make Isco a focal point in his new team.
    The Ajax home game was a combination of factors which started with Ramos getting himself excluded from the match.. and having to go with Nacho and Varane.. who are terrible.. then both Vini and Lucas go out injured which completely altered the plans..
    Ajax is a better team and that is a fact.. They also scored 3 goals against Bayern in Munich.. With the players we had we were not up to the challenge ..

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Aha.Ok...Everybody at fault. Except Solari. At this point i am surprised you have not put the blame also on groundskeeper.

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Solari cant pull miracles and neither could Zidane .. he even got eliminated from CdR by a weaker team - Leganes - .. that is all you need to know that it was the players and not the managers who were the issue.

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Considering your rhetoric, it seems coach is completely redundant figure. o_O

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    If you want to win cups and titles you need quality players and yes, if you dont have them whoever the coach is becomes irrelevant.