From Castilla to Primera, Again - The Santiago Hernan Solari Poggio Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Nov 13, 2018.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We are even in the bigger hole at this point considering the main attacking outlet is out, while other creative players are completely out of match fitness due to benchititis.

Halycon repped this.
  2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On a serious note, would it have been that much worse with Lopetegui? We could have let him finish the season, in worst case we would end trophy less, just like now in March. Outplayed in all competition.

At least JL had some ideas and that game against Roma was amazing. Even against Atleti we deserved the cup.

Solari: 0 ideas., highest % home loss, spanked twice in a week by Farca, add to that their copy cat club. got humiliated. Last time I felt this way was the 2-6 with Juande Ramos. We got spanked by Liverpool 4-0 too. Still feel miserable, almost 24 hours later... says enough. Dodging Facebook and other sports media.

Lyra and Modric-87 repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People are saying that Solari has no ideas but a month ago everyone was saying how fortunate we were to have most of the team finding form and came away with a 2-1 away win at Ajax and a 1-1 away draw to Barca in copa and a convincing 3-1 away win at Atletico to get into second place in the league standing.

You can't have the team purring like that without any ideas, it just all fell apart because of some obvious deficiencies in the personal were exposed, mainly a player who won't go 3 games without scoring or assisting a goal.

Excape Goat and robnycus repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    ....Plus Vini went out injured on top of that Ramos was not playing and Nacho-Varane pairing was terrible ..
    Courtouis not giving us any assurances behind goal..
    so many things happened that to put all blame in Solari is ridiculous.

Modric-87 repped this.
  5. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want to thank Lope and Solari for taking one for the team. We have effectively destroyed theit careers. TBH, we had very very shitty games last year and it was a miracle we won the UCL. We have been playing worse for a while now and the problems are not the coach.
    Obviously if things dont go well, the coach usually bears the burden of assuming responsibility.
    Zidane was a gamble and the gamble worked. Solari was a gamble and the gamble did not work.
    Reading some of the comments here males me shake my head in disbelief. So much hate and whatnot.

Excape Goat, RMSocrates and robnycus repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His idea was to get behind the team that won the CL last season and switch just one player out in the attack, and the goalkeeper. Mostly bad substitutions, no logical rotation.

Seriously, can't be happy with Solari.

I doubt either coach is going to go on and have a huge career now. To be honest, i believe that's the reason why Zidane has been so selective with what he does next. He takes the wrong job, and his reputation is boiled down to "he just had a great squad to work with, overrated". People do it to Guardiola who has pretty much won everywhere he's been to.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looked liked there was a pretty heavy rotation going for a few weeks.

People keep going on and on about Llorente>Casemrio, but and I don't know what world they're living in because he's been out injured.

He made a couple of big changes with Vinicius and Reguillon, if he tries to throw too many new faces into the mix and fails he would have looked worse having benched multiple proven champions and club legends for some nobodies.

8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kind of feel sorry for him but anyone who had watched Castilla these past few years knew he was not the answer. I was actually surprised when he kept coming back after each season. Totally clueless with the youngsters.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Integrating the youngsters in a team like ours is not an easy task.. You have to be really really good like Vini was in order to make it.. Even Zidane struggled with this..

10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Our dark week destroyed Solari. But losing to Girona was the start. We were actually improving. Truth is he's not that good and our team has too many average/young/declining players. This season was a wake up call to Flo, hopefully.

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I meant he wasn't good with the youngsters at Castilla. I'm 50/50 on his work with the youngsters in the first team. I liked the inclusion of Regulion, Fefe, and Vini but I didn't understand what happened with Ceballos and Ordiozola.

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets not rewrite history here, Zidane didn't do so great with la castilla either. Zidane struggled to get the best out of Hakimi, Ceballos, Llorente, etc.; and, I don't think it's a stretch to say guys like Reguillon, Valverde and Odegaard would never be included in his plans and might suddenly be on the outs at this point.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So long, take the memories with you on the way out.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he deserves respect for taking the job at a tough time and doing the best he could. The guy had never managed at this level and had to take on a Madrid in crisis. It hasn't all been terrible and aside from the Isco mess think he has handled things decently. Kinda feel for the guy, and I do hope he learns from this time and improves as a manager.

15. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was always gonna be hard for him with the squad he was given and to top that, he is not a very good coach. Also did not appreciate the way he handled the Navas and Isco situation.

Regardless, I am glad he gave some of the youngsters a chance. Vinicius, Reguillon, Llorente etc. have been a revelation thanks to Solari.

Hope he learns from this and becomes a good coach someday. If not, he will always be a RM legend.

-Reivax- and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We had some good moments with Solari but also bad moments.

I don’t blame him entirely for the mess, he did the best he could and I’m sure he had Madrid in his heart and best interest when making decisions, whether that be the Isco stuff or whatever.

I hope he gets another decent football job, either in La Liga or abroad.

natenate101 and yoanaidarov repped this.
  17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Kinda feel bad for him. Sure, at this point of his career he isn’t good enough to be a manager of a top club. But he also took the job when nobody else wanted it. He was put in an impossible situation. Still have nothing but respect for him.

natenate101 repped this.
  18. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    dont feel bad for him at all. He almost ruined this club to a point were we got spanked the likes of Eibar, Girona, Ajax. byeee, dont forget to close the door behind your retarded ass.

Zidane05 repped this.
  19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    He did his best. He was the only one willing to take the job after Lopetegui was fired. Literally nobody else would take it. And it’s not like the recent results are his fault only. Everybody is to blame - president, coach, players. Stop acting like Solari singlehandedly ran the club into the ground. He was literally an interim manager.

temesgen, natenate101 and robnycus repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    0 empathy for him. He got the chance of a lifetime and decided to waste it with his pettiness. The man is not made for this role.

2Magia2 and Eddie repped this.
  21. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I actually dont blame him. It was obvious from the very beginning that he wasnt up for the job, even though he tried to change things. Wishing him all the best going forward but honestly speaking, cant see him doing anything important as a coach.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  22. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope Isco spits in his face when he encounters him.

Literally the only good thing he did was introducing Vinicius JR.

23. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Solari wasnt up to the task but then again i dont think anyone could manage this team to a win, its literally hopeless thats why Zidane left in the first place, he saw the writing on the wall and he is only coming back because he was promised a overhaul in the summer.
    I thank Santi for trying, still a legend no matter how bleak things got, hopefully he continues to gain experience and have another crack at it later but this time with a squad not full of heartless twats.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ofc no one expected him to win a title this season with this squad. But he made some horrendous en illogical decisions. Keeping with the 433, playing Bale, benching Navas for what ever reason, excluding Isco, benching Ceballos and Llorente when Casemiro and Kroos came back from their injury. Funny enough that were our best games when those 2 Spaniards were lined up together with Modric in midfield.

Stiliyan repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Solari got replaced and will keep a role within the team..

Lopetegui got sacked and he is now suing the club.. Flo did not even speak to him to tell him the news..

Guess who was valued more..